Rumor: Panarin unwilling to re-sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Bread is our guy. We might have to go 8x10 to keep him, but it seems we're committed.

This isn't too unreasonable of a contract. And that makes me sorta worried.

Artemi Panarin is the best player the Blue Jackets have ever had and they should offer him a bigass contract. But with that said, he's not a Crosby/Ovechkin level player and I worry about signing a franchise player type contract.

Reactions: CBJWennberg10

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Didn't we already know this? Or is he not meeting with Jarmo? I can't read the article..

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Yeah, we've been talking about this for days in the off-season thread.

Cool. And I'd some of those posts out if it wouldn't crash the new-but-somehow-worse servers.

Making HFCBJ not suck again is a tall order but not having everything in one giant thread where the same arguments/disputes get re-hashed over and over and over and over and over and over again seems like the first step to make. Hopefully this is a step towards that.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Gotcha, just wanted to make sure, I had just come to terms with him taking the summer to figure it out :laugh:

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
To be more precise, if he's not re-signed by training camp, he's likely to be traded. I expect Jarmo to pull out all of the stops. But if the guy is convinced he needs to be in a big market to maximize his star power, he's as good as gone.

And that would be about as comfortable and long as I am willing to wait...

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
How much more would we get in a trade before the season instead of trading him at the deadline?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I think our best bet is Vilardi + 1st + roster player

How much more would we get in a trade before the season instead of trading him at the deadline?
A prospect might not be available at the TDL if said prospect plays well. And no one is going to give up a roster player at the TDL.

So if all he's getting now are picks and prospects, I'd imagine all we're gonna get at the deadline would be picks on picks on picks.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
So, if this doesn't go the way I think it will, who would we want in return for Panarin?

The return won’t be great for an unsigned UFA to be. I’d expect a top 6 player and a pick in return but we’d probably get a prospect and a pick. Hopefully a 1st.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
So, if this doesn't go the way I think it will, who would we want in return for Panarin?

Huberdeau or Trocheck from FLA

I think our best bet is Vilardi + 1st + roster player

A prospect might not be available at the TDL if said prospect plays well. And no one is going to give up a roster player at the TDL.

So if all he's getting now are picks and prospects, I'd imagine all we're gonna get at the deadline would be picks on picks on picks.

Toffoli + Vilardi would be a good start.

Toe Pick

Jun 13, 2011
Columbus, OH
I think it will be a first and top prospect if they wait until the deadline. Of course it will be a late first so the prospect will be key.

The biggest problem with waiting until the deadline is if the team is still in it how do you explain "selling" your top player to your fanbase and locker room. Perhaps the answer is you both buy and sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad