Panarin to meet with Avs

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Sakic: We're interested in Panarin
Agent: You told me over the phone we're discussing Varlamov
Sakic: We offer Varlamov 700k. Now, about Panarin...
Agent: Let's talk Varlamov
Sakic: P-A-N-A
Agent: V-A-R-L

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Maybe Dater thinks that Avs will meet Panarin sometimes next week or early next week. Why would he directly post that Avs have already met with Panarin himself.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Panarin needs to seem interested in the Avs' cap space to get his 12M+ from another team. Nothing to see here folks.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Maybe Dater thinks that Avs will meet Panarin sometimes next week or early next week. Why would he directly post that Avs have already met with Panarin himself.

I don’t sub for his site so I can’t say for sure, but other posters have said Dater is reporting that the Avs went on the road to meet with Panarin and other players went too, to help recruit him.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
Lol Dater, he is really pushing this one. I think this will be one of those situations where if by some minor miracle on the .00000001% chance Panarin does come here, Dater will totally play the I told you so card. And when he's wrong he'll just say it was a minor chance and we weren't willing to match the high contract offer or something along those lines.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Lol Dater, he is really pushing this one. I think this will be one of those situations where if by some minor miracle on the .00000001% chance Panarin does come here, Dater will totally play the I told you so card. And when he's wrong he'll just say it was a minor chance and we weren't willing to match the high contract offer or something along those lines.

Yeah, that's the usual outcome.

AvsMakar08

Feb 14, 2017
New York
Are you comfortable going without a 2C FA acquisition to start the season and hope to pick up a player later?

Yeah, but Zuccarello will be 38. Some other team will give more years to Zuccarello. Lets see what Sakic can do for on or before July 1st.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

If he is right though. I will not say anything bad about him for at least a couple days..

Oh and I've already posted that I'd buy a sub within the hour if Panarin does sign here.

Avaholic29

Feb 5, 2014
If sakic for some reason is being told to go for it and overpay and the core guys are agreeing to recruit and be up for it, than who knows. I sure hope so, zadorov can talk to panarin, the idea of a panarin-mackinnon-rantanen line has to be pretty intriguing as negative as everyone seems to be about our chances, if we are willing to pay, we are an appealing option for anyone.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
Look, if Sakic keeps balking at the price/term of every UFA, pretty soon we'll be down to Tobias Rieder as our biggest UFA addition. You have to overpay to get UFAs. I wouldn't hesitate to write a 12m+ check to Panarin, worry about the back end of the deal after we win the cup next season.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Look, if Sakic keeps balking at the price/term of every UFA, pretty soon we'll be down to Tobias Rieder as our biggest UFA addition. You have to overpay to get UFAs. I wouldn't hesitate to write a 12m+ check to Panarin, worry about the back end of the deal after we win the cup next season.

I agree, in terms of a player like Panarin. Go hard for the next four years and then tear it down If you have to in order to resign MacKinnon.

Reactions: cgf and McMetal

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL

I mean this makes sense but the Avs have never been the type to go all in on a UFA like Panarin. A aging vet they feel will fit in and help the locker room? Yes. A guy like Panarin? No.

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
13 mil for 3 years seems doable for both sides. Bread man for 3 years on Mack’s wing to post 100 points per season and cash in even harder in 3 seasons when the salary cap is way higher. Then when Mack’s new contract is due there’ll be breadmans massive contract off the books and Newhook is ready to take the next step.

One can dream I suppose.

:D

More likely scenario, sakic sits on his hands and hopes compher transforms into a 30 goal scorer overnight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad