Panarin to meet with Avs

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
Lots of talk of beach vs mountains, and take home pay for Panarin going to FLA. But which team (with Panarin) is closer to a cup - Avs or Fla? My presumption is Avs, but I'm a homer. Id like the think the chance of playing with arguably one of the best players in the world would be a big draw too, but again I wear bergundy tinted goggles.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I don't for a second believe that it's a coincidence that Dater started his own subscription only site at the same time he started being NHL Rumor Guy with regards to Panarin. As far as we know, the only fact Dater has is that Varlamov's agent met with Sakic, and since Varly and Panarin have the same agent, it's not factually wrong to say they met with "Panarin's agent". Heck, they may even have informally asked about Panarin's potential interest in Colorado. But that appears to be at most what happened. And now that everyone but Dater is claiming Colorado is not in the running and never was, he's forced to backtrack. But I'm sure he's been getting subscriptions from it the whole time.

Reactions: Foxtail

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
I don't for a second believe that it's a coincidence that Dater started his own subscription only site at the same time he started being NHL Rumor Guy with regards to Panarin. As far as we know, the only fact Dater has is that Varlamov's agent met with Sakic, and since Varly and Panarin have the same agent, it's not factually wrong to say they met with "Panarin's agent". Heck, they may even have informally asked about Panarin's potential interest in Colorado. But that appears to be at most what happened. And now that everyone but Dater is claiming Colorado is not in the running and never was, he's forced to backtrack. But I'm sure he's been getting subscriptions from it the whole time.

Panarin is simply not interested...

Spanky - Thinking.gif

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
As much as I want Panarin I also dont think Avs have ever been in the running. If Avs sign a player like Panarin for long term and bunch of money, they're not gonna be able to contend for very long, as soon as MacK is up for a raise, no way you can afford MacK, Rantanen, Landeskog, Panarin, Makar, Byram, Girard, Barrie(maybe)

So Avs would have to win within 4 years before MacK is up for a raise, after that everything would start to fall apart when they run into cap trouble. Also how many PPG players do you need to win, Avs already have 3, dont think they need another one

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
It says a lot the none of the other big reporters out there were even reporting that Dater were reporting Avs were going hard for Panarin. The Avs insider since 25 years says Avs are going after the biggest UFA and no else is even doing a re-write on it. Barely even any RT's outside the Colorado fanbase.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
It says a lot the none of the other big reporters out there were even reporting that Dater were reporting Avs were going hard for Panarin. The Avs insider since 25 years says Avs are going after the biggest UFA and no else is even doing a re-write on it. Barely even any RT's outside the Colorado fanbase.

The insiders have had Panarin to Florida with an outside chance of Rangers for the last 6 months. They seem very certain of this.

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
No doubt the Avs ARE going hard after Panarin. That part is true. Whether he's listening is the pertinent question though.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Am I the only person that thinks Panarin is worth nothing close to 12 million dollars per year. Can you imagine if the panthers give him 12 and Bob 10. Their defense is worse than Columbus’s was and their forwards are not much better. They are crazy to pay those two players that much
Florida scored the 9th most goals in the league last season, and had 4 players in the top-50 forwards points (Barkov, Huberdeau, Dadonov, Hoffman). The only other team to do that was Boston (Marchand, Pastrnak, Bergeron, Krejci).

Not saying that you're wrong, but Florida's forward group is definitely a good one, and adding Panarin to that group without making any subtractions to it might give it a chance to be the best in the league.

Of course, if they do add Panarin, I fully expect Mike Hoffman to be traded.

AvsCOL

Jul 16, 2013
Florida scored the 9th most goals in the league last season, and had 4 players in the top-50 forwards points (Barkov, Huberdeau, Dadonov, Hoffman). The only other team to do that was Boston (Marchand, Pastrnak, Bergeron, Krejci).

Not saying that you're wrong, but Florida's forward group is definitely a good one, and adding Panarin to that group without making any subtractions to it might give it a chance to be the best in the league.

Of course, if they do add Panarin, I fully expect Mike Hoffman to be traded.

Their issue continues to be their defense though. It’s puzzling to me that they’re focusing on adding a $11M forward instead of fixing the back end. The problem was never scoring goals...

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Their issue continues to be their defense though. It’s puzzling to me that they’re focusing on adding a $11M forward instead of fixing the back end. The problem was never scoring goals...
Once they've added Panarin they'll have an excess of forwards to use to sort out their defense. Hoffman for example.

jaisen73

Oct 5, 2006
A team with Colorado's cap space, position needs, and potential for the next several seasons would be foolish NOT to at least inquire on Panarin. The bottom line is he is going to command a huge contract wherever he goes and he will make whatever team he signs with better. I figure if he gets between 10.5-12 million per season the Avs could easily add two solid forwards for about the same price. I am glad to read rumors that the Avs are in the mix for Anders Lee. Adding him and Barukovsky would instantly create a deeper forward set, even with the subtractions of Wilson and Soda.

So my wish list goes: Lee, another top 9 forward, and get Rantanen to an 8 year deal at under 10 million per season (it will look like a bargain in about 2 seasons).

Gnargnarbinks

Jun 24, 2018
Alaska
A team with Colorado's cap space, position needs, and potential for the next several seasons would be foolish NOT to at least inquire on Panarin. The bottom line is he is going to command a huge contract wherever he goes and he will make whatever team he signs with better. I figure if he gets between 10.5-12 million per season the Avs could easily add two solid forwards for about the same price. I am glad to read rumors that the Avs are in the mix for Anders Lee. Adding him and Barukovsky would instantly create a deeper forward set, even with the subtractions of Wilson and Soda.

So my wish list goes: Lee, another top 9 forward, and get Rantanen to an 8 year deal at under 10 million per season (it will look like a bargain in about 2 seasons).
HockeyBuzz.com - Forums - Anders Lee to Montreal. (E3)

Says to Montreal?
IDK... be too bad. I just looked up Lees numbers. I knew he was good but didnt know he was that good. At least on paper, pre goal scorer.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad