Panarin to meet with Avs

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Hey all!

Dater is reporting that Artemi Panarin could meet with the Avs as ‘early as Sunday’. Sorry if this isn’t the right place to post this, still finding my way around the HF landscape and saw that the rumour thread was closed to replies so I figured I would just create a post on this.

It’s a positive sign at the very least that Panarin is meeting with the Avs. Thoughts?

Attachments

• 98B048AF-639B-4374-88D6-3BD2C24883CD.jpeg
    98B048AF-639B-4374-88D6-3BD2C24883CD.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: 63 others

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I'll believe it when he puts ink to paper. I haven't invested any hope into Panarin so I have zero expectations of getting him.

This is kind of my feeling too. I don’t think we’re the front runner, but it’s hard not to fantasize haha. If he cares about winning than this would be a great place for him to come.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
I like the Avs chances...less than Florida and New York.

We were all certain Kevin Hayes was coming to Denver, so I wouldn’t call Panarin a lock to Florida, either.

Reactions: Veritas0Aequitas

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
It would certainly boost our second line production but I’d rather gamble on Hoffman or someone like that. We could probably get two decent players for the price of Panarin

Reactions: MC2D

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Bread man is a pipe dream, but the fact that he is meeting with us is at least a little encouraging.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
I know, smokescreen, not really interested, yadda yadda

But pls happen. I don't care how much we pay for him.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It would certainly boost our second line production but I’d rather gamble on Hoffman or someone like that. We could probably get two decent players for the price of Panarin

How does that logic work? Should we trade Mikko for two decent players instead of paying him?
This is exactly the attitude that got Toronto in trouble.

Having said that i want him too. Yes, i'm one of those guys ... :surrender

Que? Nobody had that attitude about Zaitsev or Marleau...

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I want them to sign him, but I sincerely doubt we have a shot. I also won't believe Dater on this until we have confirmation that he's actually in Denver. Dater is also the guy who claimed the deal at the draft was Vancouver's 10th + Virtanen for Barrie, but that was shot down as pure speculation by multiple sources.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
How does that logic work? Should we trade Mikko for two decent players instead of paying him?

Que? Nobody had that attitude about Zaitsev or Marleau...
They forgot their own talent when they brought in Tavares NO MATTER WHAT. Guys like him or Panarin might even be worth that kind of contract but they usually ruin the capstructure and make others jealous. When you pay a FA that kind of cash you have to be sure to have enough room to sign your own talent. And that's when it gets tricky ...

And why the hell are you allowed to "like" again ?!? ;)

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I guess the attraction to him of going to Florida is he might be able to continue playing with Bobrobsky. And the living by the water thing?

Despite that, there is part of me that thinks, Florida, really? Playing in front of an empty arena for 40 games a season has to be a deterrent for free agents.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Isn't it reported he's already in florida? How's he going to meet with the Avs if he's already in another city meeting with another team? Does this dude even pay attention?

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Isn't it reported he's already in florida? How's he going to meet with the Avs if he's already in another city meeting with another team? Does this dude even pay attention?

Meeting with Florida, then going to other free agent destinations likely.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

“As early as Sunday” doesn’t mean it’s happening *on* Sunday.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
They forgot their own talent when they brought in Tavares NO MATTER WHAT. Guys like him or Panarin might even be worth that kind of contract but they usually ruin the capstructure and make others jealous. When you pay a FA that kind of cash you have to be sure to have enough room to sign your own talent. And that's when it gets tricky ...

And why the hell are you allowed to "like" again ?!? ;)

But Tavares had no impact on their own core. Their cap problems are 100% tied to overpaying supporting pieces, not for paying their core what they're worth. Blaming Tavares for Toronto's cap problems is as silly as blaming McDavid & Drae for Edmonton's.

And obviously because I pretended to be a good boy long enough to sucker someone with power, as per uje

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
“As early as Sunday” doesn’t mean it’s happening *on* Sunday.
He's still implying it as a possiblity after its already been reported from multiple sources he's going from Russia to Florida to visit for a while

It just says to me he's off base on details and speculating

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He's still implying it as a possiblity after its already been reported from multiple sources he's going from Russia to Florida to visit for a while

It just says to me he's off base on details and speculating

What strange reports about a guy who's currently in Latvia. Is he going back to russia before leaving for Florida?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad