Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
You mean, if he hit her when he was 17 he gets a pass but at 18 should get fired?

PS No idea what ERCOT is, I am not from the US. Good try at avoiding the point though

This is the same argument people make about age of consent.

The law is the law. Yes, it's a little arbitrary and has some small errors, just like voting age, drinking age, ect.

But at a certain point the law says an adult is an adult.

You can't just make the claim that all behavior isn't accountable just because legally we needed to draw an imperfect arbitrary line. That's throwing the entire baby out with the bath water.

Elliman

Jun 29, 2016
New York
We are down our top point producing forward and defenseman from last season.

If anyone bites on Strome, Kreider, Smith or Johnson you have to move them. I doubt anyone goes near CK or Strome.

If Panarin is gone long term we at least have strong LW depth.

Oh well! Let the tank begin? Now?

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
So to recap this latest episode of As The Rangers World Turns

our star center Mika Zibanejad got Covid and lost all his talent

Our best performing center Filip Chytil on the verge of breaking out instead broke his wrist on a freak play then got Covid

our first overall pick Alexis Lafreniere the best prospect coming into the league in years has 2 points and can’t do anything

our best offensive dman Tony DeAngelo got into a brawl with our back up goalie and is now in exile

our 2nd overall pick Kakko who suffers from diabetes is now out with Covid after scoring the shootout winner in Philly.

and our Hart Trophy finalist and best player, the only forward producing Panarin is leaving the team to go to war with Vlad Putin after a political hit job was published in efforts to ruin his career.

did I miss anything?

Oh we signed the worst player in the league in Jack Johnson on day one of free agency on purpose

Last edited:

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
Guys what the f***? I remember him coming out with that tweet or whatever it was and shaking my head because he was clearly putting himself at risk. I guess his new contract gave him the security he felt he needed to speak truth.

I support his right to speak to his views and hope that he and his family stay safe. This feels bigger than hockey, but it sucks that it’s impacting us of course.

This team has very quickly become an off-ice circus. Reflects poorly on the organization as a whole unfortunately.

Reactions: leetch99

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Detective? No I’m a HR person that reads background checks... but ok, go ahead Rhode Scholar

oh, so others do the work and you read it makes you the scholar. Got it human resources.

This thread isn’t an exercise in background checks. I could read one too including my own as can others.

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
This is terrible.

Maybe there was some minor incident that they dug up and got into the press. Maybe it's a complete falsehood.

But I would be very surprised if he "beat up a girl outside a bar".

It is much more likely that this is a smear campaign. And quite honestly, based on Putin's history, if he was going to take notice and do something, that is certainly the least objectable option.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
No all the poisonings and arrests of any large voice of putin dissent is pretty telling of that authoritarian hell hole

Russia is a soft authoritarian state. No, not everyone who is against Putin has been arrested and poisoned, in fact, the list is not very long. Basically, when it comes to arrests and imprisonment, you have Khodorkovsky and now Navalny. Probably you can throw in Belykh aswell, but I mean, he got caught getting a bribe(he was obviously set up but anyway)

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
The question is: why does Panarin even care?

Obviously its retribution from Putin, a relatively mild one as well. Yet Artemy shouldn't care.. theres more in the russian press than the story with the girl, Artemiy is being described as a true psychopath who used to steal from his teammates and more.

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
my issue is the LOA. Why? Why ruin this man’s season? Say it’s a political hit piece and ignore it.

One of these days an athlete is going to be on some sort of record breaking pace for something, someone is going to make up some bullshit about him, the team is going to go into panic mode, put him on a LOA, and now he can no longer break the record. it’s disgusting.
Maybe, just maybe Panarin is more informed then you are on this situation, and maybe he felt the LOA was needed and warranted. Crazy I know that he never did consult with you first, but please don't worry, I’m sure he just forgot.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
At the end of the day, this is typical Russia. If you dare speak out against the dictator, they will try and come after you. It doesn't mean you're going to be killed or poisoned, but the Russian Kompromat manufacturing machine works on overdrive for a reason.

Reactions: cheech70

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Walked in the bar of the Radisson Hotel. Moreover, during the evening rest, he somehow did not like the young visitor of the institution. Our striker sent an 18-year-old citizen of Latvia to the floor with several powerful blows.
- Is the reason known?
- It's hard to say now. After beating the girl, he hurried to the room. And he asked to bring his teammate, Misha Anisin, who in the bar, unlike Artemy, ordered only juice. But the police arrived quickly. Panarin was detained. They drew up a protocol.
- Criminal case shone?
- Case, court and real time. But respected residents of Riga stood up for Panarin. Negotiations were held with the police authorities. I did not participate in the negotiations, but I heard about the figure of 40 thousand euros in cash - for letting things go on the brakes.
Читайте на WWW.KP.RU: За что Артемий Панарин мог сесть в начале 2010-х?

The fact that a well known alcoholic Anisin allegedely was only drinking juice is not adding the creditibility to the story))

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
This story gets released on the anniversary of the Miracle on Ice - coincidence or planned? :huh:

Reactions: Kendo

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It may not be linked to Putin himself.

Nazarov is pro-Putin and has a history of being a nutjob. He may have cooked this one up himself.

I would imagine that's part of what Panarin is trying to figure out.

Reactions: OrangePMD

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Pardon me if I don’t take word of the guy who just made a snarky comment about getting fired for hitting a girl when he was 7.

I am russian though and I see lots of rather ignorant(not your fault) comments about how Panarin is now in danger and will be jailed and posioned in Russia.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
This is the same argument people make about age of consent.

The law is the law. Yes, it's a little arbitrary and has some small errors, just like voting age, drinking age, ect.

But at a certain point the law says an adult is an adult.

You can't just make the claim that all behavior isn't accountable just because legally we needed to draw an imperfect arbitrary line. That's throwing the entire baby out with the bath water.

a) This didn't happen in the US. b) Statute of limitations on assault is a thing in most if not all states in the US.

That's just talking about it from a law perspective.

Sayba

Dark Schneider
Jul 7, 2009
So to recap this latest episode of As The Rangers World Turns

our star centerMika Zibanejad got Covid and lost all his talent

Our best performing center broke his wrist on a freak play then got Covid

our first overall pick has 2 points and can’t do anything

our best offensive dman got into a brawl with our back up goalie and is now in exile

our 2nd overall pick who suffers from diabetes is now out with Covid after scoring the shootout winner in Philly.

and our Hart Trophy finalist and best player is leaving the team after a political hit job was published in efforts to ruin his career.

did I miss anything? Oh we signed the worst player in the league in Jack Johnson

I'm 38 years old and have been watching this team religiously since 1990ish , this is the worst season I can recall taking everything into consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad