Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
If you think the fact that it happened in Riga makes the slightest bit of difference as to whether it is or isn't a hit piece, you have zero clue what you're talking about. It is a politically motivated statement by Nazarov, that much is fact. Whether or not the assault actually happened is another issue entirely.
I know more than enough about the current state of affairs in Russia.

The whole Navalny story is losing any heat, there’s no more protests about it, the last thing Putin needs to do is ignite this by creating a political hit on one of the most popular Russian hockey players.

It’s simply Nazarov talking out of his ass and nothing more

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
First of all, Brooksie needs to get the facts straight before calling it a “political hit”.

Nazarov said this alleged incident happened in Riga, Latvia, and it is not even in Russia.

Secondly, there’s zero need for any kind of retribution because Navalny is not popular among Russians despite how it’s portrayed in the western media.

:laugh: So unpopular they literally tried to kill him.

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I know more than enough about the current state of affairs in Russia.

The whole Navalny story is losing any heat, there’s no more protests about it, the last thing Putin needs to do is ignite this by creating a political hit on one of the most popular Russian hockey players.

It’s simply Nazarov talking out of his ass and nothing more

It sounds to me like you're protecting your country at all costs.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
some of you have really questionable attitudes towards the potential victimhood in this circumstance.

this seems questionable from a purely political perspective but some of you speak as if russia/lativa/the CIS bloc have no domestic violence victims and everyone that lives there cannot be trusted. If Panarin did this (absolutely huge if), will there be a rallying cry that his alleged victim is a liar or a putin crony?

No, not really. So far, this doesn't appear to be a Voynov situation. If more credible information arises that suggests this is anything but a hit piece, I think our board has demonstrated they would react appropriately.

Right now this is pure conjecture and our board is appropriately treating it as so.

Reactions: bl02

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
It may not be linked to Putin himself.

Nazarov is pro-Putin and has a history of being a nutjob. He may have cooked this one up himself.

I would imagine that's part of what Panarin is trying to figure out.
Thats a reasonable take. It is actually quite likely that Nazarov and Larin made it up all by themselves

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
The question is: why does Panarin even care?

Obviously its retribution from Putin, a relatively mild one as well. Yet Artemy shouldn't care.. theres more in the russian press than the story with the girl, Artemiy is being described as a true psychopath who used to steal from his teammates and more.

Panarin cares because he has family in Russia that he needs to take care of too

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
:laugh: So unpopular they literally tried to kill him.
I am not even going into this as it’s pointless to discuss with western folks.

I will just say this - if they wanted him dead, he’d already be head from a mysterious heart attack or a drunken robber stabbing him. They would not fail to poison him and then allow him to fly to Germany to recover

Reactions: ottawa

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
No, not really. So far, this doesn't appear to be a Voynov situation. If more credible information arises that suggests this is anything but a hit piece, I think our board has demonstrated they would react appropriately.

Right now this is pure conjecture and our board is appropriately treating it as so.
I prefer blind rage and talking nonsense thank you very much.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Harbour Dog

Jul 16, 2015
St. John's
Considering he has family is Russia, it was a stupid decision quite frankly.

I agree. I understand feeling so strongly about something that you have a need to voice it, but there just seems like so much risk was involved.

My gf has a PhD in Transitional Justice and Comparative Politics, and when I showed her a couple statements from Panarin, her response was, "My Goodness, does he not have any family in Russia?"

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
As a side note, I wonder what could happen next to us this season.

Like I thought we peaked with the Tony situation. What could surpass this (regardless of of its true or not)?

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
some of you have really questionable attitudes towards the potential victimhood in this circumstance.

this seems questionable from a purely political perspective but some of you speak as if russia/lativa/the CIS bloc have no domestic violence victims and everyone that lives there cannot be trusted. If Panarin did this (absolutely huge if), will there be a rallying cry that his alleged victim is a liar or a putin crony?

I'm fighting with this very idea myself. If he indeed did this, he should face what he's done. Plain and simple.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
It sounds to me like you're protecting your country at all costs.
More like I am trying to find reasons behind such a move and I truly don’t see one. Navalny and especially Panarin are no threats to Putin and creating this crap story just angers people which does no good for him at all, so I simply don’t see a motive

Reactions: ottawa

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This thread is not going to last the hour. Which is a good thing. Main one already locked.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
I am not even going into this as it’s pointless to discuss with western folks.

I will just say this - if they wanted him dead, he’d already be head from a mysterious heart attack or a drunken robber stabbing him. They would not fail to poison him and then allow him to fly to Germany to recover

Everyone on this forum knows your pro-Russia at all costs agenda. Any criticism of a Russian player or the Russian government and you appear like clockwork. Just go away.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Considering he has family is Russia, it was a stupid decision quite frankly.
100% but in that stupidity is a ridiculous amount of bravery. A lot of men and women in that situation wouldn’t speak out they’d just keep their head down and act like everythings fine. Honestly if I was in that situation I’d most likely would also be silent. I just hope him and his family stay safe

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY

Mod Note

There will be zero tolerance for bringing US political discussion into this conversation. Do not say we didn't warn you.

Only reason I posted that was because i believe it falls under the line in the rules that states 'Political discussion is not permitted on the forums except within the narrowly defined scope of hockey-related matters.'

Feel free to delete if necessary.

Reactions: Gardner McKay
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad