Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
Im not disagreeing, and i think it is bs.

i also think that theNYR management knows this season is a washout so do the “right” thing cause it wont matter anyway for the standings.

sort of like a college team that broke rules and says they will sit out a year of NcAa tourney when they suck so they dont get harsher penalties

panarin is key to helping the team develop. he’s the team’s offense. having kakko and laf on his line is helping them both. being able to practice and communicate with the best offensive player on the team helps everyone. if he’s gone for the rest if the season, it’s more than the team’s record that’s being hurt. panarin is the glue for the entire offense.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
If you guys want to know about Russia and Putin read Red Notice. I don't trust anything coming from that country. I don't think it's coincidence that it happened to him after criticizing Putin.

Reactions: Hunter Gathers

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
I am the biggest critic of this franchise, but we should avoid placing blame on them for this. We also shouldn’t assume they know much more about this situation/how to handle it than we do.

This is one instance of a situation that is far larger than an NHL franchise. Which is measly and a non-factor in comparison.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY
panarin is key to helping the team develop. he’s the team’s offense. having kakko and laf on his line is helping them both. being able to practice and communicate with the best offensive player on the team helps everyone. if he’s gone for the rest if the season, it’s more than the team’s record that’s being hurt. panarin is the glue for the entire offense.

well u do make a good point. But its out of our their hands.

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
I'd like to know what "proof that he did do this," looks like.

He wasn't exactly famous in 2011. It seems apparent no police records exist of this over there in Russia or Latvia or whatnot. Or they probably would have leaked already.

Besides a he-said, she-said situation, what evidence could possibly actually link him to this?

I wouldn't trust a victim or more witnesses coming forward in Russia. There is clear motivation to lie due to political pressure. Does someone have a video of him doing this?

Walked in the bar of the Radisson Hotel. Moreover, during the evening rest, he somehow did not like the young visitor of the institution. Our striker sent an 18-year-old citizen of Latvia to the floor with several powerful blows.
- Is the reason known?
- It's hard to say now. After beating the girl, he hurried to the room. And he asked to bring his teammate, Misha Anisin, who in the bar, unlike Artemy, ordered only juice. But the police arrived quickly. Panarin was detained. They drew up a protocol.
- Criminal case shone?
- Case, court and real time. But respected residents of Riga stood up for Panarin. Negotiations were held with the police authorities. I did not participate in the negotiations, but I heard about the figure of 40 thousand euros in cash - for letting things go on the brakes.
Читайте на WWW.KP.RU: За что Артемий Панарин мог сесть в начале 2010-х?

Reactions: ottawa and tbassler

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
then you worry about that when it happens. innocent until proven guilty. punish him when it’s shown he’s done anything. hell, at least show actual evidence beyond hearsay from a 3rd party.

No you don't. Are you kidding? It would be quite possibly the biggest PR nightmare you could imagine and the backlash and ramifications if they took the approach that you're suggesting would be much, much, much more dire than if they lose a few games while he's out. Personally speaking, this is the one thing that would cause me to revoke my fandom, you never put short term team success (or any success) over common human decency. We aren't Penn State.

You get your facts straight and then act upon them. If he did this, he won't play here again. IF he didn't do this, he'll be back soon.

Vipers248

Feb 20, 2021
There is literally zero about this "story," that would make me take a second look at it until there is way more evidence. Oh, Panarin makes anti-Putin remarks yesterday and then one of his KHL cronies comes out the next day accusing him of assault 12 years ago?

Yeah right. Letting this become a story is actually letting them win.
Actually Larry Brooks is reporting it

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I've said this already. Call me skeptical when someone says that "this started evil acts that culminated in his criticism of Putin". That insinuates that criticizing Putin as the height of evil. Usually when people say "culminated" that means that the worst thing ended up happening. Sounds like Nazarov is a huge Putin supporter. This sounds like utter bullshit.

Black Aces

Oct 4, 2008
No idea if this is true but him criticizing Putin makes me think this could be a fabrication

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
Walked in the bar of the Radisson Hotel. Moreover, during the evening rest, he somehow did not like the young visitor of the institution. Our striker sent an 18-year-old citizen of Latvia to the floor with several powerful blows.
- Is the reason known?
- It's hard to say now. After beating the girl, he hurried to the room. And he asked to bring his teammate, Misha Anisin, who in the bar, unlike Artemy, ordered only juice. But the police arrived quickly. Panarin was detained. They drew up a protocol.
- Criminal case shone?
- Case, court and real time. But respected residents of Riga stood up for Panarin. Negotiations were held with the police authorities. I did not participate in the negotiations, but I heard about the figure of 40 thousand euros in cash - for letting things go on the brakes.

Pure speculation, but if this actually happemed I dont think Panarin would be as vocal on social media for fear of this bubbling up.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
- Is the reason known?
- Criminal case shone?

Ok so he knew about it for ten years and it took him until now to speak about it...why exactly?

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
If you guys want to know about Russia and Putin read Red Notice. I don't trust anything coming from that country. I don't think it's coincidence that it happened to him after criticizing Putin.

It's not coincidence at all. I think we all believe/know that these allegations are complete bullshit.

Team just needs to do its due diligence, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->