Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Wow, weird stuff. Hopefully it's not true. If it is, that's a real problem, regardless of his age at the time or the time that has passed.

The LOA, not sure fully what it's about. I hope he's careful if he goes back to Russia, I don't want him arrested in the airport and tried over some bogus allegation (if it's bogus; if not, proceed with charges, LOL).

Interested to see what the team says. Probably not a whole lot. Ah well. This season, it figures. I still applaud Panarin for speaking out against Putin and his regime, even if it ultimately causes problems that wouldn't have otherwise existed.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
In the eyes of the law you are wrong, as per usual with most things you spew on here.

First of all, f*** you. Second of all, this was done in Latvia, not in the US. Third, there is definitely a statute of limitations on assault in some states. I have a friend who was assaulted and she didn't report it on time because there was a statute of limitations, that was in Virginia.

Reactions: SA16 and Cypruss

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
pic of girl he beat up

lwYqt7J.png

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
my issue is the LOA. Why? Why ruin this man’s season? Say it’s a political hit piece and ignore it.

One of these days an athlete is going to be on some sort of record breaking pace for something, someone is going to make up some bullshit about him, the team is going to go into panic mode, put him on a LOA, and now he can no longer break the record. it’s disgusting.
yeah but this isn't the Twitter mob trying to get someone cancelled, he has family and friends in Russia that could legitimately be in danger. For all we know he could have been contacted by some Kremlin goons which is why he took the LOA

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
my issue is the LOA. Why? Why ruin this man’s season? Say it’s a political hit piece and ignore it.

One of these days an athlete is going to be on some sort of record breaking pace for something, someone is going to make up some bullshit about him, the team is going to go into panic mode, put him on a LOA, and now he can no longer break the record. it’s disgusting.

It could be many things. It's why I am not jumping to conclusions on the story.

We don't know if Panarin got a threat here. Etc.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
what distraction is there? say it’s not true, that it’s retaliation from the govt for his posts being anti-putin and move on. pretty sure the entirety of NY would believe him if he said that. all this does is rise suspicion that he did this.

It doesn't work like that.

If they do that and it comes out that he DID to this, it looks awful for everyone.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Even if it is fake and everyone in the NYR org knows it...let’s say they come out and brush it off as “a made up story for political reasons.”

Then the Russian state produces “evidence.” Then what? The NYR would get skewered. The hit pieces write themselves. On top of the other situation the franchise has dealt with this season.

And that’s putting aside the possibility that AP asked for a LOA to deal with this situation.

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
yeah but this isn't the Twitter mob trying to get someone cancelled, he has family and friends in Russia that could legitimately be in danger. For all we know he could have been contacted by some Kremlin goons which is why he took the LOA

the safest thing to do is be with the team. if anything were to happen to panarin while he’s with the team, that would be a whole new level of diplomatic f***ery.

Ruggs225

Oct 15, 2007
Long Island, NY

Im not disagreeing, and i think it is bs.

i also think that theNYR management knows this season is a washout so do the “right” thing cause it wont matter anyway for the standings.

sort of like a college team that broke rules and says they will sit out a year of NcAa tourney when they suck so they dont get harsher penalties

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
It doesn't work like that.

If they do that and it comes out that he DID to this, it looks awful for everyone.

then you worry about that when it happens. innocent until proven guilty. punish him when it’s shown he’s done anything. hell, at least show actual evidence beyond hearsay from a 3rd party.

Reactions: Captain Monglobster

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Zero difference between allegedly assaulting a woman at 18 or 28. You can't really be this obtuse? I mean...

I punched a girl in my class when 27 years ago, when I was 7 should I get fired from my job?

Captain Monglobster

Nov 9, 2005
Him taking a LOA signifies nothing. Its pretty much SOP. If we wanna read into it we can speculate that hes taking care of logistical things pertainjng to his family in russia, building a legal defense, etc.

True or not, this is a big deal and not something to be taken lightly. Probably not something you can put on the backburner while you play hockey.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I'd like to know what "proof that he did do this," looks like.

He wasn't exactly famous in 2011. It seems apparent no police records exist of this over there in Russia or Latvia or whatnot. Or they probably would have leaked already.

Besides a he-said, she-said situation, what evidence could possibly actually link him to this?

I wouldn't trust a victim or more witnesses coming forward in Russia. There is clear motivation to lie due to political pressure. Does someone have a video of him doing this?

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
Under no circumstances, can he go back to Russia. Literally could be a life/death situation if he sets foot in that country ever again.
No it would not. You have do a lot more than be simply anti-Putin to be in danger. This is the way they are dealing with Panarin, trying to ruin his career here. Because this is nothing news in Russia, where domestic violence is actually decriminalized.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad