Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HFBS

Noted Troublemaker
Jan 18, 2015
Would you kindly rephrase that ? f*** Russia ? You mean Putin and his cronies.

Why are you putting words in someone's mouth?

That's exactly what I would mean. And one side of my family originally came from there. Of course that was about 150 years ago but they didn't leave because they liked it.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Those that are still questioning LOA - the simplest answer and explanation is that the accusation - while absolutely baseless fabrication - is a huge distraction.

Imagine being put in this position, having to face journalists at pressers, seeing quizzical stairs, maybe having a shit like Marchand saying something, etc

At this point like everyone I want Panarin back ASAP but I have absolutely no questions about LOA in the first place.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Those that are still questioning LOA - the simplest answer and explanation is that the accusation - while absolutely baseless fabrication - is a huge distraction.

Imagine being put in this position, having to face journalists at pressers, seeing quizzical stairs, maybe having a shit like Marchand saying something, etc

At this point like everyone I want Panarin back ASAP but I have absolutely no questions about LOA in the first place.
But, is it really a huge distraction? No one is talking about it anymore except us. As far as I can tell.
Maybe, as @Hi ImHFNYR says, it’s a nagging injury too...? No clue.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
My simple answer:

If innocent says you are 100% innocent and get back to your life today.

If guilty then take a unpaid LOA and make it right as best as you can. As horrible as allegation as it is he was 18. People make mistakes. Not excusing it (if it happened) but saying now as a man you can make things better.

I feel sitting out gives it life. If innocent there is no reason you should be punished in any way. Live your life.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017

maxresdefault.jpg

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
My simple answer:

If innocent says you are 100% innocent and get back to your life today.

If guilty then take a unpaid LOA and make it right as best as you can. As horrible as allegation as it is he was 18. People make mistakes. Not excusing it (if it happened) but saying now as a man you can make things better.

I feel sitting out gives it life. If innocent there is no reason you should be punished in any way. Live your life.
He has a family to consider. He is on the wrong side of a dictator; that requires care.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
He has a family to consider. He is on the wrong side of a dictator; that requires care.
Well that is a different angle. If he is trying to get his family away from Putin I would definitely understand that but I think that would be some thing professionals would be better off taking care of. I'm on his side. I believe him when he says he innocent. I just think not playing is giving them what they want.

Reactions: bl02

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
The more this drags out, the more I think it's injury related. He's not addressing the accusations and I highly doubt his family is in danger. And if I'm not mistaken he's been sitting around here the entire time. Perhaps some nagging injury he doesn't want disclosed?

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
The more this drags out, the more I think it's injury related. He's not addressing the accusations and I highly doubt his family is in danger. And if I'm not mistaken he's been sitting around here the entire time. Perhaps some nagging injury he doesn't want disclosed?

Are you implying they’re using the drama from a rumor that Panarin beat a girl in order to hide a minor injury?

I mean come on. Re-read that thought!

Hanji

Oct 14, 2009
Wisconsin
Are you implying they’re using the drama from a rumor that Panarin beat a girl in order to hide a minor injury?

I mean come on. Re-read that thought!

I'm thinking that Panarin might be using it to heal a nagging injury and recharge his mental batteries in light of what happened. Mental and physical stress all related and intertwined. The guy needed a break. But all we can do is speculate at this point.

Reactions: Hi ImHFNYR

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
You guys do know that if he had an injury they could just not play him right?

Why make up stuff? Why speculate? He said through the team that he needed time to deal with this. That should be good enough. Why are people making up stories and reasons

Because they aren't going through it themselves and have no idea how large organizations work.

I don't know what exactly Artemi needs to get straight during the time off and honestly, I don't care to know, thats his business. But theres a reason why the Rangers had zero issue giving him the time off. The LOA is as much about them doing their due diligence as it is about Artemi needing to take care of what ever he needs to take care of.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
If it were an injury they didn't want disclosed, he would just disappear and they wouldn't disclose it. They did it with Nash. They did it with Zibanejad last year when everyone and their hamster knew he had a concussion.

C'mon, it's the Rangers...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad