Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
I for one certainly wouldn't mind)
He's time while on LOA anyway ;-)

Well shieet. I wouldn't mind either.

I'd rather stop the world for one or two years, unf*** it from oligarchy and then get back to hockey. lol

Would be a good Marvel movie. TDA and Panarin taking on the Red Army.

I have a hard time believing TDA has to political compass to do anything for humanity.

Reactions: Brief Candle

Absolut

Mar 7, 2002
NYC
So folks unfamiliar with Russia... Panarin has to be very strategic about what he says when he comes back. First, I assume he was terribly shaken and worried about his and Alisa's families. Now, he needs to make a decision. Will he keep his mouth shut, or will he continue expressing his opinion? Expressing his opinion comes with huge consequences. Next time he pisses off the government - they will manufacture the victim, police reports, court records, and witnesses. A story about killing a 2 year old while driving drunk 10 years ago (and paying off the police) will come out. Or torturing a puppy. Pouring gasoline on an elderly woman. With a video. Easily done. Nazarov may have acted on his own. Or he may have been asked to show Panarin who's the boss, without inflicting too much damage. Panarin is in a huge pickle. It's dangerous to continue speaking out. But it will look like the intimidation tactic worked if he doesn't. You know what's so frustrating... he hasn't said anything wrong at all, he only expressed what millions of people in Russia think.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
So folks unfamiliar with Russia... Panarin has to be very strategic about what he says when he comes back. First, I assume he was terribly shaken and worried about his and Alisa's families. Now, he needs to make a decision. Will he keep his mouth shut, or will he continue expressing his opinion? Expressing his opinion can come with huge consequences. Next time he pisses off the government - they will manufacture a victim, police reports, court records, and witnesses. Easily done. Nazarov may have acted on his own. Or he may have been asked to show Panarin who's the boss, without inflicting too much damage. Panarin is in a huge pickle. It's dangerous to continue speaking out. But it will look like the intimidation tactic worked if he doesn't. You know what's so frustrating... he hasn't said anything wrong at all, he only expressed what millions of people in Russia think.
Tought crime and wrong speak.

Only one narrative is allowed. You'll know what that narrative is, once the entire system destroys any alternate viewpoint.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
At this moment I'm even more convinced that the story is plain and simple - Bread has been effectively suspended and the org is holding out... for what? That's the mill $ Q... Along the "do they themselves know?"

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
At this moment I'm even more convinced that the story is plain and simple - Bread has been effectively suspended and the org is holding out... for what? That's the mill $ Q... Along the "do they themselves know?"
Suspended? Our best player for no reason? Based on what?

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise

Internally they are 100 percent behind Panarin, as is just about everyone in the NHL and apparently most people overseas.

The less said about Nazarov as a person, the better.

Mar 26, 2004
Close friend, ex-KHLer turned blogger, Roman Lyuduchin just said that Panarin will soon return to the ice.
There was a report that Panarin flew home to prepare a libel suit against Nazarov.

Seems like a long and possibly risky trip when you can have a zoom or teams meeting.
Just want him and his family safe. Hopefully we get back to normalcy soon.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Internally they are 100 percent behind Panarin, as is just about everyone in the NHL and apparently most people overseas.

The less said about Nazarov as a person, the better.

My personal opinion is Panarin is entering flakey territory now.

The kooky conspiracy theory that he's been secretly suspended is a sign of the times. I'm sure the Ranger's "take your time" answer is turning into "well, how much time" internally, but you can't push a guy on a subject like this.

Reactions: Lua

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
this guy hasn't made any sense this entire thread.
yeah cos I'm trying to bring you an objective POV with the added bonus of being Russian and seeing the situ from here. Without regurgitating the sometimes outrageous preposterous tripe wich gets thrown around in the US soc media.
ofc this won't make any sense if yours opinion is based solely on your FB friendlist. Nothing to see here.

Reactions: egelband

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Close friend, ex-KHLer turned blogger, Roman Lyuduchin just said that Panarin will soon return to the ice.
There was a report that Panarin flew home to prepare a libel suit against Nazarov.

If he flew to Russia upon return he would have to go through Covid quarantine protocol before re-joining the Rangers.

Last edited:

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
The kooky conspiracy theory that he's been secretly suspended is a sign of the times.
i'm the least person to be into conspiracy theories. is it much of a conspiracy that the org told him to sit out while they "insure" that nothing threatens their shining public image? is it?

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden

Thanks for this report!

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
i'm the least person to be into conspiracy theories. is it much of a conspiracy that the org told him to sit out while they "insure" that nothing threatens their shining public image? is it?

I've been a New York Ranger fan for 35 years. I've never once considered a "shining image" exists.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Ludichin has indeed been making a lot of media noise on a VARIETY of hockey related issues and that's my concern. I haven't yet read the piece you are referring to but I'd be interested why Lyuduchin of all people would have such exclusive and privy knowledge of Bread's actions.
I'd be certainly happy if this is true.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010

yeah cos I'm trying to bring you an objective POV with the added bonus of being Russian and seeing the situ from here. Without regurgitating the sometimes outrageous preposterous tripe wich gets thrown around in the US soc media.
ofc this won't make any sense if yours opinion is based solely on your FB friendlist. Nothing to see here.

Is this what you’re referring to? This not “objective POV”, this is completely baseless speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad