Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Nazarov liked to beat people always and when they beat him. What else could he have imagined? :rolleyes:
Before this story, some old russian coaches condemned Panarin for his instapost. Hmmm... of course they never condemned Ovechkin for supporting the dictator.
Not only Panarin... several russian actors got into trouble for anti-Putin video. Russian actress Alexandra Bortich was cut from TV. Panarin work in USA, so they made him these problems. I think so. May be it seems absurd in USA.
I remembered! Game Rangers - Pittsburg was cut on russian sport TV after Panarin's post and hype in media :laugh:

Odd, It looks like Sasha Bortich's "Obychnaya zenshina" is still running into 2021? And "Politseyskiy s Rublyovki" from 3-5 years ago is still rerunning? So I wouldn't say she's getting scrubbed or cancelled from television. Though it looks like her next project is with a Lithuanian company, so maybe she just isn't being cast any longer.

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
So this guy was at the game tonight... sign is funny. Jersey is legend
1035B442-0FA0-422A-BA00-6737A7078EA3.png

KotBegemot

Feb 18, 2018
This is where I will vehemently agree to disagree. Mika was riding a 20% shooting percentage last season and as much as what he did the last 20 games was crazy, Panarin was the driving force of that offense every single night.
I'd say Panarin was a more consistent points producer but his game wasn't always that good. Even when he was producing points. It's actually one of the traits of an elite player, picking points (and thus far helping the team) even not playing that good. That was the case even in the beginning of this season. I didn't like how he was playing that much but he was still gaining points. Then after a few games it clicked and he started looking like the beast he was last season.
Overall I liked Mika's game a bit more last year. He's just a more complete player because he's a center. He's also killing penalties. Panarin isn't bad defensively but still he has way less responsibilities on ice. And he had almost the same PPG as Artemi, if he played full season he could've also been close to 100 pts season.
I agree that Ziba's scoring and shooting percentage weren't sustainable and it only makes sense that they've been compensated by being too low this year. That's just how our universe works.
I wouldn't say that Ziba is that bad this season, he's still noticeable and has a lot of scoring chances and creates ones but just can't buy one. Partially because of luck and partially because of not being in his top shape due to recent covid and maybe even lack of confidence being that snake bitten. I'm sure pretty soon the floodgates will be open and he'll score like a mad man.

Last edited:

BMann

May 18, 2006
Watford
if this LOA is being set up by the team, it’s a massively huge misstep. this shouldn’t be given the light of day.

Given that outspoken opponents of Putin can sometimes come to a sticky end Panarin is well within his rights to take a LOA to safeguard his family, relatives. It's just a fabricated smear story which has zero substance to it. Ludicrous. Next they will be saying he is planning an armed insurrection or is mentally ill. Team Russia will be missing him in 2022 in Beijing which is also very unfortunate. No way he ever gets picked for the Red Machine again.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I saw at RFC that someone said that Boomer had mentioned on radio that the leave was 2 weeks. Has this been confirmed?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
I saw at RFC that someone said that Boomer had mentioned on radio that the leave was 2 weeks. Has this been confirmed?
No

That being said, I wouldn't expect the team to say anything about a timeline regardless.

Blueblood2

Nov 14, 2011
I'd say Panarin was a more consistent points producer but his game wasn't always that good. Even when he was producing points. It's actually one of the traits of an elite player, picking points (and thus far helping the team) even not playing that good. That was the case even in the beginning of this season. I didn't like how he was playing that much but he was still gaining points. Then after a few games it clicked and he started looking like the beast he was last season.
Overall I liked Mika's game a bit more last year. He's just a more complete player because he's a center. He's also killing penalties. Panarin isn't bad defensively but still he has way less responsibilities on ice. And he had almost the same PPG as Artemi, if he played full season he could've also been close to 100 pts season.
I agree that Ziba's scoring and shooting percentage weren't sustainable and it only makes sense that they've been compensated by being too low this year. That's just how our universe works.
I wouldn't say that Ziba is that bad this season, he's still noticeable and has a lot of scoring chances and creates ones but just can't buy one. Partially because of luck and partially because of not being in his top shape due to recent covid and maybe even lack of confidence being that snake bitten. I'm sure pretty soon the floodgates will be open and he'll score like a mad man.
I may be incorrect but my gut tells me it is a lingering effect of whatever injury he had at the start of the season that never got fully healed. There are times where he seems to get hit not that hard and he comes away from the play grimacing in pain.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
View attachment 401205

Someone that has been posting there since the 90s
I thought you were referring to an actual timeline coming out. Not that a rumor existed to begin with. Also not sure how posting a random screenshot of text about rumor is a response to me saying there is no official timeline. Also, re: the bolded, good for them?

Brooks had 2 weeks number in one of his pieces as wel
No official timeline has come out re: Panarin and Brooks said the Boomer rumor is wrong.
https://nypost.com/2021/02/23/key-questions-regarding-rangers-artemi-panarin-situation/
mrQRUFV.png

Last edited:
Reactions: UnSandvich and Ola

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I thought you were referring to an actual timeline coming out. Not that a rumor existed to begin with. Also not sure how posting a random screenshot of text about rumor is a response to me saying there is no official timeline. Also, re: the bolded, good for them?

Yeah I understood, and it wasn't a response to your post really. Sorry! I just thought I present the source of my info since these things always are open for interpretation. And I know it can annoy some if things are reported without a "link", but in this case I could vouch for that it wasn't some random poster. :)

I asked this before, but this thread has filled up so fast that I hadn't had an opportunity to go through it. Didn't know if the two week thing even had been mentioned once (I had not seen it before).

Thanks for clearing it up, appreciated!

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
A few pages back someone mentioned it's fishy Panarin asked for the LOA knowing how much of a nothing story this is.

Naturally several people had to whine about the use of the word fishy instead of addressing the actual point. But to @tailgunner point...this didn't seem like a big enough deal to request an LOA. So it is at least a little weird or unique maybe.

I'm going to throw this idea in a hat:

"Panarin asked for LOA," is actually just a way to save face bc the NYR wanted to have time to investigate fully. JUUUUUUUST on the .00001% chance this had a grain of truth they didn't want to be faced with "Well why did you keep playing him!?". They didn't want to have to suspend him later. If something does eventually come out it's easier if he just continues his "LOA".
Naturally you'd then have to wonder why they went this route only to very quickly denounce the rumors as entirely baseless. Possible they just followed procedure, did their LOA plan, quickly realized how bs this all was and it's too late to walk back.

Then there are the more commonly thrown around ideas:

Other people have already mentioned him potentially needing to secure his family and whatnot as well.

Or this was a nice reason to rest up a nagging injury.

Shit...maybe he hates quinn and wanted a reason to drink vodka and party

Last edited:
Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes