Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I will comment just on Russian hockey journalism. You know it, writing just for our NA friends. All leading Russian hockey journalists are young, around 30-40, many .

ours make Rangers man caves out of their moms basement with no plans of leaving :)

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
My point is what could be fishy if he didn't punch a girl? Fishy means something bad happened, no?

I get what he is saying and feel the same way honestly. The fact that Panarin took an LOA in response to what seems to be a clearly bullshit story means:

1. There’s more to the story than we know.
2. He miscalculated the public response.

If his family is at risk or something, there is more to the story. It doesn’t make sense that they’d be at risk over the nonsense that this seems to be.

Is the LOA continuing just to “save face”, for lack of a better phrase? His continued absence doesn’t track to the ever lessening degree of seriousness of the accusations.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
One of the more annoying things about this thread, beyond that it even exists,

Is that anyone thinks it matters one iota what the Russian media outlets do or do not do, or it matters if it were tabloid or main stream media.

An ex coach made a serious allegation against a player accusing him of assaulting a woman. An Ex coach, not some random drunk at the end of the bar. Of course neither Panarin or the Rangers could ignore it regardless if that ex coach has an agenda and they knew it was BS.

Reactions: JCProdigy

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
If this has already been posted, apologies, but I didn't see it.

KHL: Not aware of any incident involving Panarin

The Kontinental Hockey League says it has "not been aware of or received a complaint in relation to any incident involving Artemi Panarin in December 2011."

In a statement to ESPN, the KHL said that if the league had received any complaint, it would have investigated, "as we take any allegations of misconduct incredibly seriously."

Reactions: egelband

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I get what he is saying and feel the same way honestly. The fact that Panarin took an LOA in response to what seems to be a clearly bullshit story means:

1. There’s more to the story than we know.
2. He miscalculated the public response.

If his family is at risk or something, there is more to the story. It doesn’t make sense that they’d be at risk over the nonsense that this seems to be.

Is the LOA continuing just to “save face”, for lack of a better phrase? His continued absence doesn’t track to the ever lessening degree of seriousness of the accusations.

But if you're agreeing that it looks like BS, what could the "more" be?

KotBegemot

Feb 18, 2018
The trolling comes in when Russians who have never discussed Ovi, or Kuznetzov's cocaine issue, or Bobrovski's Florida contract, come out of the woodwork to discuss only this situation.
They get shit on a lot on various Russian hockey boards, don't worry about it.

I understand the suspicions about all those Russians suddenly storming the Rangers boards, I'd probably be suspicious as well. I can only speak for myself, I've been on HFboards in read-only mode for years, mostly in Prospects threads or sometimes when I was curious what locals think of the players I was interested in. Sometimes followed specific team boards, like Chicago or Columbus for a while. Yes. Because of Panarin, he's my favorite player after all. Obviously I can't call myself a Rangers fan, more like Rangers bandwagoner but I've seen almost every Rangers game last season and this year as well. Last year's team was a helluva fun to watch, not just because of Artemi or even Ziba. Adam Fox quickly became one of my favorite players (such a talent and such high hockey IQ) so did his partner Ryan Lindgren. The kid is a true warrior and his face is a total magnet for all the physical abuse in the hockey world. Love this guy. And Mika, I valued him pretty highly since his golden goal against Russia on WJC 2012, glad he finally got on another level in the past few yers. I think he was probably the best Rangers player last year, not even Artemi. I hope he'll finally find his mojo this season. The team really needs it.

Long story short, I didn't really post much before on HFboards because it's kinda of a drag for me to write in English and honestly I didn't feel the need to. I was more interested in what other people wrote. But this time it was different, the situation was really unnerving, people were coming up with all the hot ridiculous takes so I kinda dragged myself into this mess of a thread. I'm glad that seemingly all this circus is coming to an end, I just wish Panarin would break the silence and give us something. I wanna see him on ice and not write about this whole nonsense in this thread.

DekeR

Jan 11, 2008
I'm not sure what type of visa Panarin obtained to play hockey B-1 visa? But I could see this being a problem on going home and facing these allegations. The clowns could arrest Panarin and throw away the key until they decide to go thru with a trial and who know how swift they would be when making a political point in a suppressed big brother society where it's not good to think outside the political landscape. The LOA is all about what he needs to do to sidestep this laughable allegation and protect both himself and families.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
“Bread’s situation is still fluid, so we’re not sure when that’s going to get resolved and when he’s going to get back,” he said. “There’s just a lot of unknowns in those instances.”

Wonder what unknowns DQ was referring to?
Going with the "protect the family" theory, he's probably just still busy fighting Putin's assassins off at his grandad's flat in Korkino. Bless the believers.
Also, do we count his in-laws as family? Cos his father-in-law has just steered KHL's HC Spartak Moscow to the Gagarin Cup play-offs... Might get tricky.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I'm not sure what type of visa Panarin obtained to play hockey B-1 visa? But I could see this being a problem on going home and facing these allegations. The clowns could arrest Panarin and throw away the key until they decide to go thru with a trial and who know how swift they would be when making a political point in a suppressed big brother society where it's not good to think outside the political landscape. The LOA is all about what he needs to do to sidestep this laughable allegation and protect both himself and families.
There is no political point in this case. Only American media are trying to bring politics into it. And then, Russian media copy+paste what Americans write. All story.

Val

Jan 19, 2021
Nazarov liked to beat people always and when they beat him. What else could he have imagined? :rolleyes:
Before this story, some old russian coaches condemned Panarin for his instapost. Hmmm... of course they never condemned Ovechkin for supporting the dictator.
Not only Panarin... several russian actors got into trouble for anti-Putin video. Russian actress Alexandra Bortich was cut from TV. Panarin work in USA, so they made him these problems. I think so. May be it seems absurd in USA.
I remembered! Game Rangers - Pittsburg was cut on russian sport TV after Panarin's post and hype in media :laugh:

Last edited:

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Damn this guy is even more American than Buch

FWIW I don't like Putin at all--he's a dictator to my eyes whose regime has often enough murdered people opposed to it. That said to me there's a political dynamic going on between Russia and the West (particularly the United States) that is pretty much unremarked on that goes back to the dissolution of the Soviet Union and with so many of the former Soviet satellite states now members of NATO (former friends now enemies) I don't doubt that this ratchets up the paranoia within the Russian state--a paranoia that led to the occupation of parts of Ukraine and Crimea which to some extent are very pro-Russian to begin with. Things like this are not always as simple as they seem. I really don't know a whole lot about Navalny though but IMO it's hard to believe he could be worse than Putin but more moderate leaders in both Russia and the West seems to me to the best way to peaceful solutions. I think that's kind of where Panarin is at. He's a cool guy but I think he's Russian first and foremost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bread4Life

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Americans doesn't have a slight problem with Saudi dictator,that literally killed opposition journalist in embassy,since that they have even more cooperations with him;)but immortal navalny is a first prority for usa,why?

Yeah well Trump was selling a lot of arms to Saudi Arabia and very supportive of the regime and looked the other way on that murder. Biden has not--he has cut arms sales to the Saudis--called for the end of the war in Yemen and his administration is pointing the finger at MBS for Khasoggi's murder---so yeah there is a problem now. It was a matter of administration's changing.

Reactions: nyr2k2

Brief Candle

Hank's Forehead Sweat
Jan 30, 2010
New Jersey
rocklandmusic.com
To all the Russian's posting in here: You've all been fantastic. It's great to get the perspectives of someone actually living there. We're all just humans. Power will always corrupt to some degree because we're so societally underdeveloped. We're simultaneously both a brilliant species, but also capable of such stupidity and selfishness. If nothing indeed occurred (which I most certainly lead towards heavily), and if the government was not involved in any way, then it's down to one selfish human who has failed to see himself in someone else.

Anyhow, hopefully this gets resolved quickly and nothing bad comes of it.

Reactions: egelband

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg

jun 5 2020

In fact, my wishes are one and the same with the wishes of the vast majority of my countrymen, it's happiness for our loved ones and if it will ever become possible, happiness for all of our people in general.
The difference is that while some people reckon it's achievable with the current system, I don't. And I'm asking not to confuse the country with the state.
Best wishes everybody! ✊

Now, considering that the video was published 8 months ago and obviously refers to the events before that (I can't even pinpoint from the top of my head which similar escapade he's referring to here, safe to say there had been a few), thus dating maybe a year back, is it SO unthinkable to suggest that Bread might NOT be THAT taken aback by yet another slander attempt which as the video proves I think have become somewhat of a routine for him? And certainly not that much as to request an "indefinite" LOA? While actually playing instead, like if it was total garbage (which it is) not worthy of paying attention to, would speak much louder than any words or silence for that matter?

* The word civil is used where some would expect political would've been. It needs to be said that in Russia for most of the 20th century the very concept of politics was marginalized if not outright prohibited. You shouldn't dabble in politics, the party knows better, comrade! And all that. So it's a (sad IMO) tradition that expressing one's opinion on matters, one would habitually use this substitute, which I've translated literally for the lack of a better option.

** Bread uses much more cultured wording in Russian but I CBA looking for the exact alternatives in English, even tho I'd have liked to use them. Also, he puts a notable emphasis on these words.

*** The literal phrase is "love my motherland". Furthermore, the usual, standard, textbook accusation by the self-styled patriotic crowd against what they disdainfully call "the liberals" (which applies to this case as well) always suggests that if you're speaking out against *the powers*, then you're not only "don't care for motherrussia" but actively seeking to undermine the country and hurt the people. Don't ask.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
They get shit on a lot on various Russian hockey boards, don't worry about it.

I understand the suspicions about all those Russians suddenly storming the Rangers boards, I'd probably be suspicious as well. I can only speak for myself, I've been on HFboards in read-only mode for years, mostly in Prospects threads or sometimes when I was curious what locals think of the players I was interested in. Sometimes followed specific team boards, like Chicago or Columbus for a while. Yes. Because of Panarin, he's my favorite player after all. Obviously I can't call myself a Rangers fan, more like Rangers bandwagoner but I've seen almost every Rangers game last season and this year as well. Last year's team was a helluva fun to watch, not just because of Artemi or even Ziba. Adam Fox quickly became one of my favorite players (such a talent and such high hockey IQ) so did his partner Ryan Lindgren. The kid is a true warrior and his face is a total magnet for all the physical abuse in the hockey world. Love this guy. And Mika, I valued him pretty highly since his golden goal against Russia on WJC 2012, glad he finally got on another level in the past few yers. I think he was probably the best Rangers player last year, not even Artemi. I hope he'll finally find his mojo this season. The team really needs it.

Long story short, I didn't really post much before on HFboards because it's kinda of a drag for me to write in English and honestly I didn't feel the need to. I was more interested in what other people wrote. But this time it was different, the situation was really unnerving, people were coming up with all the hot ridiculous takes so I kinda dragged myself into this mess of a thread. I'm glad that seemingly all this circus is coming to an end, I just wish Panarin would break the silence and give us something. I wanna see him on ice and not write about this whole nonsense in this thread.
This is where I will vehemently agree to disagree. Mika was riding a 20% shooting percentage last season and as much as what he did the last 20 games was crazy, Panarin was the driving force of that offense every single night.

Reactions: Bread4Life
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->