Confirmed with Link: Panarin taking leave of absence from NYR (Warning in First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Maybe because if you didn't commit a crime that you were accused of (in this case a violent assault on a woman) perhaps you would be upset about it?
then you accept that the russian political trolls simply have to make baseless accusations to disable half of our squad.
nice.
believe what you want, I surely like to think otherwise. And knowing both Breads' character and that he was the target before and knows it well, I think *we* do have the grounds for it.
Unlike the "worried for his family" BS.

KotBegemot

Feb 18, 2018
If you read the actual back and forth he is behaving exactly like a trollbot with all the subtlety of a drunk bull.

Why tf am I saying this to a guy with a few dozen posts and almost all of them are in a thread where he argues with people about Russian politics. Of course you'd support garl and his stupid post.
Why you heff to be mad? It's only a joke.
But it's nice to see that it's the same on both sides of the pond. In Russia people always passionately accuse each other of being either Putin's or Navalny's bots. It warms my heart.

Reactions: Bread4Life

tailgunner

Jan 8, 2008
the story has been pretty much dismissed at this point...KHL and NHL have looked into it...no witnesses..no victim coming forward...teammates in 2011 denying it happened...so the question becomes, why take a LOA ?
for what purpose ?
your not flying to russia for this, so why take a LOA
something very fishy about this whole thing.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
then you accept that the russian political trolls simply have to make baseless accusations to disable half of our squad.
nice.
believe what you want, I surely like to think otherwise. And knowing both Breads' character and that he was the target before and knows it well, I think *we* do have the grounds for it.
Unlike the "worried for his family" BS.
Your baseless speculation and accusation that Panarin or the team is lying about him being nervous is just such horse shit. You need to really shut the f*** up about this since neither you nor any of us have any more insight as to why Panarin is allegedly nervous.

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
Your baseless speculation and accusation that Panarin or the team is lying about him being nervous is just such horse shit.
Your horseshit is better than mine.. blah blah blah yawn.
You need to really shut the f*** up
oooh, edgy
neither you nor any of us have any more insight as to why Panarin is allegedly nervous.
Never said I had)) Unlike some.

Look I never even wanted to get confrontational with anybody, just standing for some common sense) And get showers of boring repetitive manure in return))

tlk

Jan 7, 2020
Yekaterinburg
the story has been pretty much dismissed at this point...KHL and NHL have looked into it...no witnesses..no victim coming forward...teammates in 2011 denying it happened...so the question becomes, why take a LOA ?
for what purpose ?
My reasoning is largely the same, just the conclusion is different. Nothing fishy, it's all plain and simple - the org was playing it safe from the start, then when they realized it was all a horrendous load of bull from a lowlife scum on a payroll, they simply couldn't track back.
ofc there's always the poss of there being something else to it. But *that* we surely can't know.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Your horseshit is better than mine.. blah blah blah yawn.

oooh, edgy

Never said I had)) Unlike some.

Look I never even wanted to get confrontational with anybody, just standing for some common sense) And get showers of boring repetitive manure in return))

I'm not the one actively speculating one way or another on Panarin's reason for an LOA and I've said multiple times that that remains the only unanswered question.

You can't even lie well.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
for what purpose ?

If the story has been dismissed what is fishy?

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
It goes to show you how polarizing politics have become and how it sways opinion.

If you dont agree with ADA politics... GUILTY!
If you dont agree with Panarin's politics... GUILTY!

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
What is the earliest everyone believes Panarin can come back? If he's at his Connecticut home does that mean technically that is quarantine and he can take a test and hop back on the ice against Boston? I feel like for the optics of this thing it's much better to get it behind you asap. If everything said in this forum is true, then let's move on here and get him back. What's the hold up?

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
What is the earliest everyone believes Panarin can come back? If he's at his Connecticut home does that mean technically that is quarantine and he can take a test and hop back on the ice against Boston? I feel like for the optics of this thing it's much better to get it behind you asap. If everything said in this forum is true, then let's move on here and get him back. What's the hold up?

travel between CT/NY/MA i think it fine. RI had a problem for a while but that may have been lifted. So long as he isn't traveling overseas i think he should be fine.

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Also,I am also very surprised by amount of russians, myself included in this thread. I mean, Artemi Panarin is from Cameroon right? I would understand that there would be lots of cameroonian posters here, don't forget that Panarin is 2nd most popular hockey player from Cameroon after Alex Ovechkin. But russians? Why do they care?

This is a good point. Of course Russian fans are going to weigh in on a Russian player. The trolling comes in when Russians who have never discussed Ovi, or Kuznetzov's cocaine issue, or Bobrovski's Florida contract, come out of the woodwork to discuss only this situation.

Irina

Jan 15, 2019
for what purpose ?
Journalists of Sport-Express mentioned that he came back playing not fully recoverd from low body injury. Maybe, he has decided to use this situation for recovery.

Reactions: egelband

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
the fishy part is .....why does panarin need a LOA if the story has been debunked

My point is what could be fishy if he didn't punch a girl? Fishy means something bad happened, no?

It's weird.
This was a nothing story in Russia before he took his leave of absence. His departure from the Rangers brought on the media circus. Media outlets in Russia didn't initially publish Nazarov's words because they were too dumb and unbelievable. The story eventually came out in a tabloid.
If he ignored the story I think nothing would have come of it.

He's been on the receiving end of criticism previous to this too. He's brushed it off and lives his life fine with the Rangers and at home in Russia.

His actions have been so counterproductive.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
It's weird.
This was a nothing story in Russia before he took his leave of absence. His departure from the Rangers brought on the media circus. Media outlets in Russia didn't initially publish Nazarov's words because they were too dumb and unbelievable. The story eventually came out in a tabloid.
If he ignored the story I think nothing would have come of it.

He's been on the receiving end of criticism previous to this too. He's brushed it off and lives his life fine with the Rangers and at home in Russia.

His actions have been so counterproductive.
I will comment just on Russian hockey journalism. You know it, writing just for our NA friends. All leading Russian hockey journalists are young, around 30-40, many if not all are a product (ideological/POV) of liberal outlet sports.ru. Only Shevchenko is older, but he is dumb. These journalists have their idol in American/Canadian hockey writers, especially Bob McKenzie. It is nothing bad to have idols, but they share NA point of view on the hockey scene, so they dislike the KHL. In principle, their opinion is - what is coming from America is always important, so they are writing about the story because American journalists write about it as well, so we (Russians) need it too. Plus, some of them like to include the politics into their hockey articles, and if they are liberal, some of them Navalny supporters, then you can not be surprised by this Panarin story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->