Panarin coming home?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Some notable UFAs in 2019
I'm sure this list will get cut down quite a bit over the course of the year, but there are quite a few high profile players here.

Cs
Tyler Seguin
Matt Duchene
Joe Pavelski
Derick Brassard
Adam Henrique

Ws
Jordan Eberle
Artemi Panarin
Jeff Skinner
Blake Wheeler
Gustav Nyquist
Mats Zuccarello
Max Pacioretty
Wayne Simmonds
Jakob Silfverberg
Anders Lee
Yanni Gourde

Ds
Erik Karlsson
Tyler Myers
Anton Strålman
Jake Gardiner
Ryan Ellis
Nate Schmidt

Gs
Sergei Bobrovsky
Pekka Rinne
Semyon Varlamov
Cam Talbot

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Anyone here that can teach me how to think like a winner? :help:

A good start would be thinking in the now with one eye on the future. Not the other way around.

There's a lot of dreaming going on around here about prospects and their potential, but when will that potential come to fruition? When Keith and Crawford are in their late 30's, Toews and Kane in their mid 30's?

Reactions: Blackhawks

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
A good start would be thinking in the now with one eye on the future. Not the other way around.

There's a lot of dreaming going on around here about prospects and their potential, but when will that potential come to fruition? When Keith and Crawford are in their late 30's, Toews and Kane in their mid 30's?

Why? The team needs an influx of new talent. The future should 100% be the focus, and not the current core. Those guys should be complimentary players for a new core on a contending team. Their dominance has run its course.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Why? The team needs an influx of new talent. The future should 100% be the focus, and not the current core. Those guys should be complimentary players for a new core on a contending team. Their dominance has run its course.

Then put Keith/Kane/Toews and Crawford (if it's possible) on the trading block in a complete rebuild. Unfortunately, it's likely that only Kane would attract a decent return.

And how can a team be a contender with 5 "complimentary" older players collectively making over $38 M? IE. T/K/Keith/Crawford/Seabs??

Last edited:
Reactions: BHFAN92

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Last year was a year from hell and if Crow is back, I think this team can be a playoff team. I'm not saying go "all in" on a move and I would hesitate to overpay for a rental, but I'm very much in the make this years team better mode, if that makes sense. I certainly don't want to be awful again this year. Maybe that's short sighted on my part, I don't know.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Some notable UFAs in 2019
I'm sure this list will get cut down quite a bit over the course of the year, but there are quite a few high profile players here.

Cs
Tyler Seguin
Matt Duchene
Joe Pavelski
Derick Brassard
Adam Henrique

Ws
Jordan Eberle
Artemi Panarin
Jeff Skinner
Blake Wheeler
Gustav Nyquist
Mats Zuccarello
Max Pacioretty
Wayne Simmonds
Jakob Silfverberg
Anders Lee
Yanni Gourde

Ds
Erik Karlsson
Tyler Myers
Anton Strålman
Jake Gardiner
Ryan Ellis
Nate Schmidt

Gs
Sergei Bobrovsky
Pekka Rinne
Semyon Varlamov
Cam Talbot

Only realistic players I see walking are Gardiner, Panarin and Duchene

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Only realistic players I see walking are Gardiner, Panarin and Duchene
I could see Stralman next to Keith, Lee on Kanes wing. I could see the guys you mentioned on the team as well. Obviously not all of them, but a couple isn't out of the question.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
I could see Stralman next to Keith, Lee on Kanes wing. I could see the guys you mentioned on the team as well. Obviously not all of them, but a couple isn't out of the question.
I could see that too, but I meant to say the respective teams will retain those players.

Toronto doesn't really like Gardiner, and will have cap issues.
Duchene is a nut-case, and probably wants out.
Panarin, just cause of the rumours.

I'll add Brassard to the list too, no way Pittsburgh affords him, and he'll want a bigger role as 1/2C

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
I could see that too, but I meant to say the respective teams will retain those players.

Toronto doesn't really like Gardiner, and will have cap issues.
Duchene is a nut-case, and probably wants out.
Panarin, just cause of the rumours.

I'll add Brassard to the list too, no way Pittsburgh affords him, and he'll want a bigger role as 1/2C

Hawks had interest in Brassard when he was with Columbus iirc. I don’t see a glaring need for a center. Hawks should be set with Toews-Schmaltz-Anisimov down the middle. They could use another top 6 winger though. Makes too much sense to bring Breadman back. I just hope he’s not thinking been there, done that and prefers Tampa, LA, NYR. Kane will need to be the salesman.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Would you guys rather have Panarin or Karlsson on the team?

Karlsson, even though Panarin would fill Kane’s spot and Kane would be the ”new Hossa”, meaning that he is older but still elite player.

Even though he had some serious ancle injury last year and a surgery, I’m confident he will be top-3 Dman in the league.

If you ask Seguin or Karlsson, that is harder question. Probably would take Seguin and count that Boqvist and others develop nicely.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Am I the only one who thinks Panarin's game is inconsistent, and he tends to disappear when the checking gets close?

But ... Panarin is just getting started in his career. That perception could change rather quickly with a good playoff showing. I honestly think that he got in a funk in Chicago ,,,,, not sure he wants to return.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Would you guys rather have Panarin or Karlsson on the team?

Karlsson....... and pray that his ankle isn't as half bad as Karlsson himself made it sound with his comments (when he was late in rehab). I think he has peaked but the bar is high when he gets rolling. He's a game changer if healthy.

Last edited:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
I thought Panarin played well in all games, and especially grew as a player last year. He and Seth Jones were basically a one man team. Against them

Reactions: BK

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I thought Panarin played well in all games, and especially grew as a player last year. He and Seth Jones were basically a one man team. Against them

Except in the playoffs. Rumours are he was hurting but as the intensity increased, Panarin disappeared and went out with a fizzle and with it the team.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Except in the playoffs. Rumours are he was hurting but as the intensity increased, Panarin disappeared and went out with a fizzle and with it the team.
They took the Stanley Cup champs toe to toe. Did you watch? Every time he had the puck something happened.

Reactions: BK

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
They took the Stanley Cup champs toe to toe. Did you watch? Every time he had the puck something happened.

Except score. I'm sure it was very pretty for some.

And let's not act like the SC Champs were invincible at any time in the PO's. They were vulnerable actually and teams failed to take it and run. IMO, Much of that to do with Caps physicality, led by Ovi and Wilson.

Last edited:

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Except score. I'm sure it was very pretty for some.

And let's not act like the SC Champs were invincible at any time in the PO's. They were vulnerable actually and teams failed to take it and run. IMO, Much of that to do with Caps physicality, led by Ovi and Wilson.

What are you talking about? Did you see his one man show OT goal? Or the pass he made to Seth Jones for the late game tying goal in another game, or his assist to Atkinson.. this is all from memory.

Bolded: Wouldn't expect anything less from you.

.. wait.. he can't play in physical games, watch him fight to the net here? Or score on the 2 on 1 just before.

Last edited:

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Yes, that was a beautiful goal, early in the series. Kinda knew some folks thought his game was pretty enough for praise. Thank-you.

If Panarin returns, I'll expect more than pretty in the RS from him. And certainly more than one clutch goal early in a PO series.

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yes, that was a beautiful goal, early in the series. Kinda knew some folks thought his game was pretty enough for praise. Thank-you.

If Panarin returns, I'll expect more than pretty in the RS from him. And certainly more than one clutch goal early in a PO series.

Dear lord.

Reactions: migi

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino