Value of: Pageau to MTL

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Would you please stop offering picks and young players for bottom-6 players !
This is why this team always aim for a playoffs spot rather than establishing themselves as serious cup contenders.

This team still has many holes. Ones that you can't fill via trades right now.
We weren't suppose to make the playoffs, and we might actually do.
Just be happy that our younger players will get to put that experience under their belts, and keep on building.
Trade for Laine sign Panarin we win the cup!!

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'm not disparaging Stone, I'm giving him credit. He's quite close to elite.

Pageau hasn't had playoff success, he's made it to the ECF once.

Age doesn't matter, only how good the player is now.

Good thing he's not for sale, we don't want him either.

One fan wanted him, majority said no thank you. We responded to the rediculous notion that he's an elite two way player and worth a second and A- prospect

Like talking to a brick wall. No proof to your statements just repitition.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
yea im sure paying a 1st for Pageau is a better take :laugh: :laugh:

Pageau is a 3C on a non contender, a 4C on a contender. If you have Pageau as your 3C you're not going anywhere, it's as simple as that.
False he played in the 2 c spot matched up against Crosby for 7 games in the ECF. He isnt for sale for the 4th time.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
i also clearly said that he's not the same player he was a few years ago, read my initial post
How isnt he the same player he is 26. His role has just changed as well as his linemates. Another uninformed post. Shocker.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
How isnt he the same player he is 26. His role has just changed as well as his linemates. Another uninformed post. Shocker.

His usage has always been around the same for the past 3 years, around 17 mins TOI and same amount of d-zone draws. Ofc his linemates change.. that happens to every player in the league :laugh:. Instead of progressing he's regressed. It doesn't matter how old he is, that's what his play says.

False he played in the 2 c spot matched up against Crosby for 7 games in the ECF. He isnt for sale for the 4th time.

For the 10th time, i never said he wasn't a good C a few years ago. I'm talking about him NOW.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I wouldn't trade Pageau period. Dude has helped us get our PK back to respectability. He's like Paul Byron, Jack of All trades type of player that can score, defend and provide speed/energy. Not a top 6 but can provide top 6 minutes. Hes an elite 3C in this league.

Reactions: Doxinoctae

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
His usage has always been around the same for the past 3 years, around 17 mins TOI and same amount of d-zone draws. Ofc his linemates change.. that happens to every player in the league :laugh:. Instead of progressing he's regressed. It doesn't matter how old he is, that's what his play says.

For the 10th time, i never said he wasn't a good C a few years ago. I'm talking about him NOW.

He is still a very effective player, you dont watch him I dont need an uninformed habs fan telling me about the players on the team I cheer for and watch game in game out. He has completely switched to a matchup center you are clueless on the topic, stop speaking about a player you are clearly biased against and dont watch.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
How and why the hell would the Sens move Pageau? If they also lose Duchene, Stone and Dzingel, they'd be $4M+ UNDER the cap floor. Even with all the LTIR players. How the hell would they hit the floor??? The only RFA looking for a raise is going to be Colin White, and it won't be a $4M+ raise. This is all ofcourse, assuming they don't move Ceci and/or Anderson.

Reactions: SensFactor

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I wouldn't trade Pageau period. Dude has helped us get our PK back to respectability. He's like Paul Byron, Jack of All trades type of player that can score, defend and provide speed/energy. Not a top 6 but can provide top 6 minutes. Hes an elite 3C in this league.
He is on pace for 25 points. Had 29 last year. That's elite #3?

Byron's on pace for 43 pts.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
He's like Byron minus the offence.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
He is on pace for 25 points. Had 29 last year. That's elite #3?

Byron's on pace for 43 pts.

Clearly confusing elite 4C with elite 3C :[

And i'm not saying he's a bad player or anything, defensively he's great.. but i still view him an elite 4C (like say a Kruger type player in terms of 4C eliteness). Sure you can overplay him because he's defensively responsible (which coaches tend to do) but realistically if you want to maximize his efficiency you'd use him as a 4C.

Reactions: Tripod

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Pace has nothing to do with games lost.

And again...he had 29 last year. That's not elite.
OK buddy. Let's see I'm comg off Achilles heel rupture, that usually sidelines a player for 8 months and I come back early and am expected to play at the same pace as a comparable hockey player who had training camp, plays on a better roster and oh I forget, didn't have an Achilles heel tendon snap in October. Good chat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Doxinoctae

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
OK buddy. Let's see I'm comg off Achilles heel rupture, that usually sidelines a player for 8 months and I come back early and am expected to play at the same pace as a comparable hockey player who had training camp, plays on a better roster and oh I forget, didn't have an Achilles heel snap in October. Good chat.
Again...he had 29 points LAST YEAR. Not elite 3rd liner. Great PKer.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Again...he had 29 points LAST YEAR. Not elite 3rd liner. Great PKer.
So Byron had 35pts last and is considered a elite 3rd liner. What's your point? How many points does a 3rd liner need to be considered elite to you? Pageau had 43 points in 2015 is that elite enough? Or lets see he had 16 points in 19 playoff games in 2016, including 10 goals playing on the 3rd line. Is that elite enough? You know elite doesn't just mean points right? Pageau kills penalties, scores, hits, and is a jackknife player that many teams would covet and have been coveting. I'm curious who is a 3rd line elite player to you?

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Pageau:

3 years ago 43 points
2 years ago 33 points
Last year 29 points
This year 25 point pace

Anyone see a trend?

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Pageau:

3 years ago 43 points
2 years ago 33 points
Last year 29 points
This year 25 point pace

Anyone see a trend?
I wouldn't say that his play has dropped off. A lot of that has to do with his linemates. A 25 point pace while centering Zack Smith and Paajarvi is not to bad. He is on average a 35 point center I'd say.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I wouldn't say that his play has dropped off. A lot of that has to do with his linemates. A 25 point pace while centering Zack Smith and Paajarvi is not to bad. He is on average a 35 point center I'd say.
Yu can't say he is on average a 35 point Center when he has only paced for 35 points 1 time in 5 years. But 30....I would give you.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Yu can't say he is on average a 35 point Center when he has only paced for 35 points 1 time in 5 years. But 30....I would give you.
Ya, that's a fair point.
I was more trying say that he can be expected to put up around 30 points playing with poor line mates players in a bottom 6 role.
Obviously any team trading for him arent doing it for his offensive production. It's to play him in a defensive and PK role to match him up against other teams top lines.

bcv

My french sucks.
Sep 18, 2010
Nope, we don't. JGP is a one of the best 3rd line C's. If MTL wants him, they'll have to pay the rival tax as well. 2nd + Poehling/Brook.

Forgot to add. Zero interest in in Lehkonen (3rd line winger who will barely score 30 < 3rd line C) or Hudon (4th liner who is having a hard time staying in the lineup).
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->