Value of: Pageau to MTL

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Nope, we don't. JGP is a one of the best 3rd line C's. If MTL wants him, they'll have to pay the rival tax as well. 2nd + Poehling/Brook.

Forgot to add. Zero interest in in Lehkonen (3rd line winger who will barely score 30 < 3rd line C) or Hudon (4th liner who is having a hard time staying in the lineup).
Poehling/Brook :laugh::laugh::laugh: and this guys wants the Habs to add a pick.:facepalm::facepalm:

KingTux

On espère pour Lafrenière
Aug 9, 2013
hu2l
I cant see Pageau going to Montreal without a massive overpayment. I doubt no one here will have an offer that will satisfy both team

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Nope, we don't. JGP is a one of the best 3rd line C's. If MTL wants him, they'll have to pay the rival tax as well. 2nd + Poehling/Brook.

Forgot to add. Zero interest in in Lehkonen (3rd line winger who will barely score 30 < 3rd line C) or Hudon (4th liner who is having a hard time staying in the lineup).

Please, let us add Max Domi and Jonathan Drouin to that sweet deal.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

richmh77

Jan 13, 2019
Since returning (early) from injury, he hasn’t compiled the points but Ottawa is number 1 in the league in PK % since his return and during yesterday’s game the PxP said he was at 60% faceoff %.

He’s a proven playoff warrior and is the definition of a shutdown 3rd line Center... he played against Bergerons line in a 6 game series and was unreal, the following round he netted 4 goals in a win against NYR.

So no he’s not worth Poehling + a 2nd (although I do agree with the poster that there would be a premium for trading with the habs/ although end of the day he’s not Karlsson so Melnyk could probably stomach having him in the division.

But to the poster sending stats and saying he’s a 4th line center LOL... watch a game sometimes.

His contract is up next year if he’s jot resigned, they’ll trade him as a rental at the deadline for probably a prospect (B level) + 2nd .... obviously depends on the market at the time.

I think if you want him this TDL, you’re paying a premium for the 2 playoff runs ... Ottawa probably doesn’t want to trade him so you’re looking at a late 1st.

Especially if Plekanec at the tail end of his career can get a 2nd and prospect (I don’t exactly remember the return)...

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
I agree that he would be great there... but I just dont think it would work. Hes a damn good 3C, but noticed some Habs fans thinking he would be a 4th C there. I'm not sure if that's the case but if so I dont think it would work. I'd want a 1st and a prospect, which I doubt Habs would give

euhchepas

Jan 16, 2015
I agree that he would be great there... but I just dont think it would work. Hes a damn good 3C, but noticed some Habs fans thinking he would be a 4th C there. I'm not sure if that's the case but if so I dont think it would work. I'd want a 1st and a prospect, which I doubt Habs would give
You're not sure he would be the 4th center? Please tell us wich center he's better than: domi, danault or kotkaniemi.

Nobody is paying a 1st for a depth player.

Reactions: Habsrule

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
You're not sure he would be the 4th center? Please tell us wich center he's better than: domi, danault or kotkaniemi.

Nobody is paying a 1st for a depth player.

Edit: Disregard. I'm probably wrong here, thought he was doing better than he was

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
The return Pageau gets if traded at this year's deadline vs next year's deadline is probably not that big of a difference. So it makes sense for Ottawa to hold on to him for another year unless a team is willing to overpay.

Boyle just got traded for a 2nd, Pageau's value should be slightly higher then that at next year's deadline.

Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
So enlighten me please. What's the price?

Ottawa Senators Tradebait: Jean-Gabriel Pageau

Ottawa's SBNation values him at a 3rd

Penguins Trade Rumors: Pittsburgh interested in Ottawa’s Jean-Gabriel Pageau?

penguin's value him as less than a second

Toronto Maple Leafs Could Trade for Pageau at Deadline

4th and a prospect

Rumor Roundup: Who could Penguins target once trade freeze is lifted? - TheHockeyNews

Similiar return as Brassard but less (Brassard was traded for a third)

Just so you know it's not just Habs fans that don't see him as worth more than a thind

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
I feel like his standard value would be a 2nd + 3rd/4th. Similar value to Eller when we dealt him with 1 year less term and lower salary cap %. The "division tax" (if that's a thing) might make it two 2nds or a 2nd and a decent prospect like Ikonen, etc.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Pageau is a player i would love to get but right now, it is a big risk to pay the price Ott would demand. Him and Byron on the PK :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->