Rumor: Pacioretty to NYI, ROR to MTL almost happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Exactly. I don't like Stastny, but with 18 million available and Tavares saying no to us, we can easily overpay just to have him for 3ish years.

I just wonder if Stastny is interested in playing for the Habs... even if we overpay? Lets say he is not interested. What make him think twice? 3 years at $8M?

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Or you know, keep the pick an have something with long term value instead.

ROR has long term value. Would be the best habs C since Pleks was good 4 years ago. Would help insulate Phoeling/Drouin/Kotka in the next 2/3 years.

then he can be moved when he has 1 or 2 years left on his contract, he will still be 31/32 at the time since he is only 27.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I just wonder if Stastny is interested in playing for the Habs... even if we overpay? Lets say he is not interested. What make him think twice? 3 years at $8M?
I think I read that he was interested, forget where. Don't think he would ask for over 7.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
The question is what addition is the Sabres asking for? Cause I think they are asking for us to add... even in a sign and trade. Or do we take on Moulson's contract to help them go after other targets?

Habs should have leverage here. Acquire ROR before July 1st and pay him the bonus while also taking on Moulson for one year. They get Patch at a discount rate for one year where they need scoring on LW and they can also negotiate a sign and trade. Habs with ROR, a buyout on Moulson, and Patch gone = what kind of cap space for the Habs? 21 players signed with about $8.5M in cap space. We could still go after Stastny.

I don't think the Sabers want Max, they wanted the pick. But I like taking on Moulson to sweeten the deal.

If we got ROR I would stay away from Paul and target Brassard. He could be had cheap or even as a dump from the Pens. 1 year left at 5 Mill. Him and Danault could split time as 2/3C. If things go south then dump him at the deadline.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
ya iknow.... are you still wondering what bergy plan is... he sold it to molson

his only move was max domi and it was ****
I doubt that will be his only move. He's going to give Johnson a horrific contract because there is no way you can start the season with that dcore again.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think he would be after term. 5 or 6 year deal and he probably gets it from some team. Getting him for 3 years from age 32-35 is possible but requires overpayment IMO.
It absolutely would. But ehe would get what, like 5.5 for 6 years? Maybe 7.5 for shorter term.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
BUFFALO will likely keep him

I think he is gone, maybe not to us but to someone. And BUF was going to make the trade according to the article so if the draft played out differently ROR would be a hab and Max would be an islander.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
You know...O'Reilly would have crazy value if Buffalo was to keep him past July 1st. Bonus paid and teams looking for a center who missed out on Tavares and Stastny.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It absolutely would. But ehe would get what, like 5.5 for 6 years? Maybe 7.5 for shorter term.

Hard to say. He is the best center available after Tavares and there will be interest. I think we would have to overpay in any term cause our team is not competitive and other teams interested might be a better fit for him if he wants to win.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
No wonder he fired his agent. Max's scoring should earn him minimum 7X6
6X6 is fair, given he will likely decline with age. If he were Evander Kane's age, he'd deserve more. But since he's older, he deserves less long term. He's probable worth 7.5 on a contract that pays him through 33 years old, playing with a good playmaker. But that's still a risk I wouldn't take.

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad