Rumor: Pacioretty to NYI, ROR to MTL almost happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I hope San Jose signs Tavares....this will force LA/ANA to upgrade.....Pacioretty talks would for sure re start with LA....actually they could now with his new agent.

This needs to happen

Agreed. But I'm concerned. Making a deal with Bergevin is risky for all GM's. No other GM wants to lose a deal to our GM based on his popularity. The more and more I think of it, we need to start the process for a new President. Then he looks for a new GM. A fresh start is needed with our team IMO. Bergevin had his shot. Molson needs to wake up. We are delaying the right decision.

Now as far as Patch... I feel bad for the Habs and for Patch. Both are in difficult positions. I hope circumstance works in our favor and for Patch in the end to be honest. I just am not sure on Bergevin's ability to work out a deal at this point and other GM's likely don't respect him either at this stage.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If MB gives up our first next year for ROR I will fight him.

Put a condition on the pick if you have too. But I agree. We should not be trading any future 1st round picks at this point. Patch (sign and trade) + Lindgren for ROR should get the deal done. What do the Blues offer that is better than Patch? Curious?

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
Lebrun says MB remains in regular contact with Buffalo trying to get ROR.

Hopefully St Louis wins the bid.

Now that we are out on Tavares, soon to be on Statsny...

Watch him trade our 1st next year + a prospect + Pacioretty for Ror and a 5th.

LIKE EVERY MAJOR DEAL, THIS SCRUB WILL FIND A WAY TO LOSE IT.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Now that we are out on Tavares, soon to be on Statsny...

Watch him trade our 1st next year + a prospect + Pacioretty for Ror and a 5th.

LIKE EVERY MAJOR DEAL, THIS SCRUB WILL FIND A WAY TO LOSE IT.
Trade our first just like he was suppose to draft Tkachuk.......will be standing by for your prediction that will never happen

Reactions: Hot Dog Water Shaw

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
ROR for a 3 oa

****ing idiot

Dude read the article first

It was Max for the 12th, and then flipped for ROR. Probably something else along with the 12th. I pray it was Beauviller but I put .01% chance it was.

this was exactly what I was saying before the draft. Get another 1st for Max and flip it for ROR. I thought maybe EDM or NYI. I even made a post saying 12th+Beauviller for Max and flip 12th to BUF + a 2nd or two for ROR.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
If MB gives up our first next year for ROR I will fight him.

Not our first, but if we move Max to another team we can trade their first that we get back.

Thats what MB was trying to do get another 1st and move it for ROR.

Reactions: 417

Habset

Feb 21, 2008
Montreal
Lebrun says MB remains in regular contact with Buffalo trying to get ROR.

Hopefully St Louis wins the bid.

It's a good thing to keep the line open, I think Buffalo will crack before July 1 and trade him. They're asking price is already high and they said it was going up after his signing bonus, teams already aren't interested in give up a 1st round pick so why would they pay more afterwards? Personally I think the Habs are inflating O'Reilly's value more then it should be and Bergevin needs to play hardball to bring that back down a little.

Reactions: ToLegitToQuit

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

It was Max for the 12th, and then flipped for ROR. Probably something else along with the 12th. I pray it was Beauviller but I put .01% chance it was.

this was exactly what I was saying before the draft. Get another 1st for Max and flip it for ROR. I thought maybe EDM or NYI. I even made a post saying 12th+Beauviller for Max and flip 12th to BUF + a 2nd or two for ROR.

it was stated on tsn and he espn about 3rd and ROR before draft

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Does anyone know WHY the Sabres seem so intent on trading ROR?

As for all this talk about trades that broke down last minute....i'm at least encouraged by the vision he had at the draft. The execution of it didn't quite work out, but there were a lot of moving parts which he couldn't control.

MolleSon

May 21, 2018
If true, glad it didnt go through. I'd trade Patch for 2019 pics. And would do the same with Weber. There's no way we will be competitive for the next 3 years at least even with ROR. So might as well go full rebuild. Price can stay until one of the goalie prospects become reliable enough to take no 1 spot.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital

As for all this talk about trades that broke down last minute....i'm at least encouraged by the vision he had at the draft. The execution of it didn't quite work out, but there were a lot of moving parts which he couldn't control.

Because Buffalo is a dumb ORG simple as that , they have been drafting top 10 for 7 years with like 8 picks and still are bottom tier under habs who played the wors season they had in history.
Says it all.

They think they will achieve greatness because they drafted Dahlin.

They think Middelstatd (lol sorry butchered his name) can be 2nd center this year , which is stupid.

This is why.

They want wingers for him , but yet they have no goalies and awful Defs minus Dahlin and maybe Risto

Reactions: scrubadam and 417

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007

Part because he is due a big bonus July 1($7.5M). Part because he said something along the lines of he was used to losing. Plus they want Eichel to lead the way.

Reactions: 417

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Buffalo would take the 2019 1st right now TBH. Like the duchene deal the habs could be crap next year

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL

Or you know, keep the pick an have something with long term value instead.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad