Rumor: Pacioretty to NYI, ROR to MTL almost happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
The Habs, who selected Finnish pivot Jesperi Kotkaniemi with choice number 3, reached an agreement with the New York Islanders and Buffalo Sabers to send captain Max Pacioretty to Long Island for a first-round pick, then return him to Sabers in exchange for Ryan O'Reilly , according to Eric Engels of Sportsnet .
The Sabers chief executive, Jason Botterill, was asking for the third choice, which was not an option for Canadians. Canadian boss Marc Bergevin turned to the Isles, who had the 11th and 12th picks. It's unclear what other pieces may have been involved, but once prospects Oliver Wahlstrom and Noah Dobson fell in New York, the Islanders refused the deal, Engels said.
Report: Habs nearly dealt Pacioretty, landed O'Reilly in 3-team blockbuster at draft

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Not that I would have wanted it to happen, I mean just trade Max and keep the return, don't trade it.

Everything almost happens with Bergevin anyway. We had Almost Bourque, we have Almost Bergevin.

Reactions: Riddum and PhysicX

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
Interesting rumor. I bet the Islanders would still be interested in Patch if they are able to re-sign Tavares. Should be interesting to watch how July 1st pans out. Teams are exploring their options in UFA first. Then once they lose on their targets, they may circle back to Patch.

Yeah it seems like there is defeinitely interest in Patches. Bergy has to got to make this count.

Reactions: jaffy27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yeah it seems like there is defeinitely interest in Patches. Bergy has to got to make this count.

Let teams go after JVR, Neal, Grabner, etc. Then we negotiate with the teams that lose out on them. I do see a deal between the Sabres and Habs yet... ROR and Patch. I would love futures for Patch in return but I think I would be ok with that swap too.

This team needs some positive energy heading into next year. I do admit I am a bit concerned at the moment.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Interesting rumor. I bet the Islanders would still be interested in Patch if they are able to re-sign Tavares. Should be interesting to watch how July 1st pans out. Teams are exploring their options in UFA first. Then once they lose on their targets, they may circle back to Patch.
I hope San Jose signs Tavares....this will force LA/ANA to upgrade.....Pacioretty talks would for sure re start with LA....actually they could now with his new agent.

This needs to happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad