Friedman: Owen Tippett Available

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
not too familiar with him. What’s his game?

Former #7 overeall pick by the Canes(under Francis), but hasn't really found a place in Seattle.

LHD(doesn't rally play the left side much for us with Giordano, Oleksiak and Dunn around, which doesn't help him) that looked good two seasons ago in Carolina and also in Anaheim after being traded there at last years TDL.

Got some offensive game to him as well(even though he doesn't use his solid shot enough, but FLA seems to be able to do that for players as even Wennberg scored goals) and is a tall(6'3) solid skating defensmen.
Though, he could be a bit more physical with all the tools he has.

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Former #7 overeall pick by the Canes(under Francis), but hasn't really found a place in Seattle.

LHD(doesn't rally play the left side much for us with Giordano, Oleksiak and Dunn around, which doesn't help him) that looked good two seasons ago in Carolina and also in Anaheim after being traded there at last years TDL.

Got some offensive game to him as well(even though he doesn't use his solid shot enough, but FLA seems to be able to do that for players as even Wennberg scored goals) and is a tall(6'3) solid skating defensmen.
Though, he could be a bit more physical with all the tools he has.

possibly, but I think they’re looking for someone with a more physical reputation, but I really don’t know with Zito lol. I didn’t see us getting Montour, didn’t see him getting re-signed either.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Tippett for Jost.

Both players drafted 10th and had stellar Junior careers. I really liked Tippett in 2017.

Jost had the better NHL career and being a C more difficult position, but doesn’t fit the AVs game. Tippett with the deep forwards could provide an opportunity and might be the better fit.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Depending on how the Habs' scouting staff values Tippett, you might not need a 1st to be in Chiarot's sweepstakes. If they feel he has a good chance developing into a top-6 forward, Tippett for Chiarot is a perfectly reasonable starting point in negotiations. It's not like the Habs are fixated on a 1st round pick and will refuse a good young player.

Reasonable, thank you.

Reactions: Archijerej

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
Dont need more RHD dmen or offensive minded. We have 4 RHD in our top 5 already.

Ideally a top 4 LD, but we don't think The Cats(realistically) have what it will take to get that, or at least nothing they are willing to part with(see Lundell, Anton)

More realistically, a 4-5 LD with a physical presence that isn't a just a pylon, a Soucy, or Larsson(Arizona), or maybe a Dillon type.

How about Esa Lindell :naughty:
A good, strong Finnish boy, capable #2, a strong #3D.

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
How about Esa Lindell :naughty:
A good, strong Finnish boy, capable #2, a strong #3D.
Too much term, even if The Stars retained, with the Huby extension incoming, we just cannot take on that length, imo.

If it wasn't for the contract having 3 more years attached, and if Dallas retained, he would definitely be a possibility, but if I had wheels I'd be a bike, so.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I'll give you Sam Steel and Mahura or Guhle.

zodiacbiller

Sep 7, 2021
Tippett's a legit player who is available because Florida can win the Stanley Cup right now. First few replies ITT are all thinking Hodgson/Kassian type movie, but this is more of giving up Brad Boyes to get Owen Nolan.

Reactions: KapG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad