Friedman: Owen Tippett Available

Mase

Cousins.....kind of a c**t
Aug 6, 2010
Holding the blue
Yes, Friedman is behind … because 8 Panthers fans on HFBoard tossed Tippets name around amongst themselves.

If that’s not widespread insider info then I don’t know what is. :popcorn:
If 8 Panthers Fans...you know, the "only 8 in the arena" game nights...know more about who's prime trade material and who isn't, then Friedman needs to find a real job.

Sorry if I hurt your feelings Mr. Friedman

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Ott 2nd 2022 + TB 2nd 2022 + Anton Forsberg
for
Owen Tippett + FLA 4th 2022/Aleksi Heponiemi

Only really makes sense if Florida uses those 2nds as trade ammunition. Obviously 4th and Heponiemi are not equivalent value... I listed both so as to provide a range.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
Devils have Ty Smith . We have a few LHD prospects coming (Luke Hughes , Shakir , Bahl , Okhotyuk ) with Graves and Seigenthaler already on the left and a massive need for forwards.
Not sure if Panthers have any need for a LHD though with Smiths toolkit. He doesn’t hit .
Okhotyuk, yes the rest of those names no.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
I'd take a flyer on him for the Ranger's, but I would assume FLA would be looking to add something for their cup run. We have a lot of prospects but not really any available vets.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Ott 2nd 2022 + TB 2nd 2022 + Anton Forsberg
for
Owen Tippett + FLA 4th 2022/Aleksi Heponiemi

Only really makes sense if Florida uses those 2nds as trade ammunition. Obviously 4th and Heponiemi are not equivalent value... I listed both so as to provide a range.
Makes zero sense for Florida, Why would Florida want Forsberg when they're already rolling with Bobrovsky and Knight?

Reactions: Dominance

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Devils have Ty Smith . We have a few LHD prospects coming (Luke Hughes , Shakir , Bahl , Okhotyuk ) with Graves and Seigenthaler already on the left and a massive need for forwards.
Not sure if Panthers have any need for a LHD though with Smiths toolkit. He doesn’t hit .

We have to keep Smith for now. There's no reason to sell low on him and nobody is kicking him out of the lineup next year. There's no hurry to move him

Thechozen1

Sep 8, 2021
Jets severely lacking r/h shots on the team. I could see a deal for Brendan Dillon.

Then Copp to another contender for a 1st and Stastny for a 2nd.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yotes fans sweating rn
100% - I definitely fear it’s gonna be Chychrun for Knight, Tippett and the ‘23 1st. I’d puke if that happened. I’m a big Samoskevich fan, though. So if it were Knight, Samoskevich and the ‘23 1st, I’d survive.

I personally don’t believe in giving up major assets for goalies at any stage in their careers, and that goes for draft picks, trade chips, and capspace. I’m personally only interested in “easy come, easy go” goalies. Usually you can get a nice goalie bargain for cheap every off-season.

That said, I don’t expect everyone to feel the same way I do about that. Some people might be comfortable burning major assets on goalies. Some may be okay with burning major assets on goalie prospects. Could be the AZ brass is among that group. If so, Knight and Swayman are the two best goalie prospects out there, for my money. So if the Yotes moved Chychrun in a deal where Knight was the centerpiece, I’d be pissed off. But I’d understand it, and wouldn’t necessarily say they got ripped off.

If the next best asset is Owen Tippett and/or a future 1st, then that’s intolerable. Chychrun is just too good and too valuable to accept that. If it’s Samoskevich, that’s closer to something I could stomach. I like Samoskevich a lot. He’s my favorite Cats prospect. But he’s winger. Just a nifty winger with flashy moves. I’m a hockey fan, so I dig that. I’ve seen him play a lot and he’s fun to watch. But I’m not sure nifty wingers are the most valuable blue-chips out there. Next to goalies, they’re the easiest thing to acquire fairly cheaply.

Again, it wouldn’t be my preference to deal Chychrun for a nifty winger prospect. But if they’re gonna do it, Samoskevich is a good one to choose. Just like Knight among goalies. Like I said, I wouldn’t trade Chychrun for Knight, Samoskevich, and a ‘23 1st. But if it were to happen, I would be willing to admit it’s adequate value, and I can understand how someone would make that trade (even if I wouldn’t). Further, I’d at least be excited about the pieces.

If it’s Knight and Tippett, though? I’m going to throw a tantrum. I’m gonna whine and cry like a petulant toddler all over these boards. The only silver lining will be that everyone will get to show up to dunk on me. That will be the only fun part. Will be an epic chain of quotes to own my bad takes. Haha.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
I doubt the league values him to a meaningful extent not having done anything notable in the NHL D+5.

Jake Bean was drafted with a similar pick and dealt at a similar point with similar achievement. He only returned an upper mid 2nd (#44) at the draft last Summer.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Assuming he’ll be in the package of whichever D we acquire. Whether that be chiarot, chychrun, or whomever. Doubt he’s traded by himself.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
It's time for Zito to complete the collection.

Clearly acquiring Draisaitl.

All joking aside, anyone have a struggling left handed d man that was supposed to be a stud or showed great promise and completely faltered?

Juolevi honestly has been good just bad luck with injuries.

Skeletorrr

May 15, 2011
Finland
It's time for Zito to complete the collection.

Clearly acquiring Draisaitl.

All joking aside, anyone have a struggling left handed d man that was supposed to be a stud or showed great promise and completely faltered?

Juolevi honestly has been good just bad luck with injuries.
Well the Jets have Heinola who hasn't been able to crack the lineup. I would be more than thrilled to trade Tippett straight up to him. Though not so sure Jets would agree.

Panthers Propaganda

We're a team
Oct 28, 2015
Canada
100% - I definitely fear it’s gonna be Chychrun for Knight, Tippett and the ‘23 1st. I’d puke if that happened. I’m a big Samoskevich fan, though. So if it were Knight, Samoskevich and the ‘23 1st, I’d survive.

I personally don’t believe in giving up major assets for goalies at any stage in their careers, and that goes for draft picks, trade chips, and capspace. I’m personally only interested in “easy come, easy go” goalies. Usually you can get a nice goalie bargain for cheap every off-season.

That said, I don’t expect everyone to feel the same way I do about that. Some people might be comfortable burning major assets on goalies. Some may be okay with burning major assets on goalie prospects. Could be the AZ brass is among that group. If so, Knight and Swayman are the two best goalie prospects out there, for my money. So if the Yotes moved Chychrun in a deal where Knight was the centerpiece, I’d be pissed off. But I’d understand it, and wouldn’t necessarily say they got ripped off.

If the next best asset is Owen Tippett and/or a future 1st, then that’s intolerable. Chychrun is just too good and too valuable to accept that. If it’s Samoskevich, that’s closer to something I could stomach. I like Samoskevich a lot. He’s my favorite Cats prospect. But he’s winger. Just a nifty winger with flashy moves. I’m a hockey fan, so I dig that. I’ve seen him play a lot and he’s fun to watch. But I’m not sure nifty wingers are the most valuable blue-chips out there. Next to goalies, they’re the easiest thing to acquire fairly cheaply.

Again, it wouldn’t be my preference to deal Chychrun for a nifty winger prospect. But if they’re gonna do it, Samoskevich is a good one to choose. Just like Knight among goalies. Like I said, I wouldn’t trade Chychrun for Knight, Samoskevich, and a ‘23 1st. But if it were to happen, I would be willing to admit it’s adequate value, and I can understand how someone would make that trade (even if I wouldn’t). Further, I’d at least be excited about the pieces.

If it’s Knight and Tippett, though? I’m going to throw a tantrum. I’m gonna whine and cry like a petulant toddler all over these boards. The only silver lining will be that everyone will get to show up to dunk on me. That will be the only fun part. Will be an epic chain of quotes to own my bad takes. Haha.

Doubtful we move Knight, we already moved out only other decent goalie prospect.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Yes and no, I'm saying I don't want to have to give up a 1st round pick, and I think...given the amount of potential competition for Chiarot...The Habs will get a 1st for him, so I'd prefer Zito to go in another direction, but, we'll see.:thumbu:
Depending on how the Habs' scouting staff values Tippett, you might not need a 1st to be in Chiarot's sweepstakes. If they feel he has a good chance developing into a top-6 forward, Tippett for Chiarot is a perfectly reasonable starting point in negotiations. It's not like the Habs are fixated on a 1st round pick and will refuse a good young player.

Reactions: Mase

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Marek also said Lundell+ Knight+ 1st for Chychrun from Florida so not that high on him.

Even though not the biggest take here that he’d be available

Reactions: Laus723

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
Jets have a surplus of LHD, which is what I think Florida is looking for, and the Jets are looking for RWs. How about Logan Stanley, and Evgeny Svetchnikov, who is in the coach's doghouse, for Tippett?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad