Owen Sound Attack 2018-19 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stellar29

Sep 12, 2016
Owen Sound
Personally, I think I would hold off on a sell decision until you see what you have in a healthy Zach Roberts. I'd give him a few games to settle in and see how the line up shakes out with him in fold. He looked good last year before his injury and displayed more skill than I had seen from him previously. He could be the depth top 6 guy we need now and maybe allows DeGray to go after a third line vet instead of a top 6 guy and makes the acquiring price that much more tolerable with our limited assets.

I think the current D situation is fine provided we keep Bourque as this leaves us with 7 D on the roster. In my mind, Lazer is still the odd man out.

The goalies should sort themselves out now that they've played a few games and start to calm things down. Two 17 year old goalies is not ideal but it is certainly manageable. They can push each other game to game to be better and compete for ice time. It's not a bad scenario to have. The team's play of late has been much stronger on the defensive side of the puck with fewer Grade A chances against being given up. If this continues to improve we should be ok in net.

Just my two cents.

Reactions: SebJHockey

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Their play on the third period has improved.

Strong 3rds is what won the championship in 2011

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
You will be hard pressed to get a decent feed off neulion with only 2 mb/s of total bandwidth. In the player they have some video quality options. Best available, 2000, 1000 and ?? Their best available should switch the stream quality based on your connection speed dynamically but I find that it isn’t as good as say netflix for this. You should try 1000 setting and that should give less buffering and chop but with a lower quality view. But as mentioned the venue has a lot to do with it. London games look stellar on neulion.

OHL LIVE update:

Trying a different computer tonight, and using IE instead of CHROME. Selected the 2000 setting. The feed is noticeably improved , and zero buffering .

The feed from Missy includes the arena video, and radio audio.

No replays as from Rogers, but very watchable tonight.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Great road win for the Attack against a very good Missy Fishy.

Atk hky shut em down in the 3rd no one could make it up the fish ladder.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Good road win tonight we capitalized on our chances and limited the Fish on their's.

With the win sets up for a good remaining weekend for the guys, especially with another 4 out of 6 points and 2 home dates against the Pete's and Spitfires.

The guys really showed how good there offensive abilities can be when given the opportunities and the defensive play has picked up in a big way of late where the beginning of the season in the early stumbles of the season.

No to turn the attention to the Peterborough Pete's a team that has been good in the early stages of the season.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Attack have captured 9 out of the past 10 possible points, climbing up to 4th in the conference. Team has looked very good over the current 3 game win streak. All 3 W's were rather convincing. Full 60-minute efforts, minimal defensive miscues, and higher rate of conversion on scoring chances. Balanced scoring to boot.

I would think AM gets the start tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

Here's hoping Durzi is in the lineup tonight.

Go Attack go!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Durzi is listed as day to day.
Zack Roberts is close to returning after a shoulder injury . Not the same one that kept him out last season .

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Durzi is listed as day to day.
Zack Roberts is close to returning after a shoulder injury . Not the same one that kept him out last season .
Spoke to Roberts during the Attack skate after the game and he hoped he would be in the line up next Friday night. Will be nice to see him back playing and contributing. Obviously the 3 in 3 caught up with them this afternoon. Still a good effort and experience gained by #30.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
Kind of baffled as to why the change in the roster for yesterday's game vs. Windsor, especially after a few very good games leading up to this Sunday game?
As much as the coach said it was to keep #26 Pearson focused (something of that nature reported on twitter) it also looked like he was trying to get production out of #8 Lazerchuck.
With #7 Robert's reported to be back available for the Friday game in Oshawa is it not time to move #8? This whole OA issue may be affecting things a little deeper than we see on the outside. It's looking very apparent now that this Attack team needs #17 Bourque in the line-up every game especially when #5 Durzi is not dressed. Just throwing this out there, is this group of Dmen big and strong enough to put the "fear" in the opposition? Is there anyone that plays physical, shutdown, in your face hockey?
After two pretty solid outings vs Mississauga and Peterborough this weekend, this game was for sure a big letdown.
No matter how we want to look at the goals against the numbers reveal that we gave up 6 goals on 34 shots, that works out to be a goal every 5.6 shots. Yes, it's a tough spot for a first year 17 year old to come into but this game was the perfect example to see an older more experienced part of the goaltending duo make a start to combat the 3 games in 3 nights pressure.
Let's hope this Windsor game was a one off and the boys get back to playing OS Attack hockey on Friday in Oshawa.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
Kind of baffled as to why the change in the roster for yesterday's game vs. Windsor, especially after a few very good games leading up to this Sunday game?
As much as the coach said it was to keep #26 Pearson focused (something of that nature reported on twitter) it also looked like he was trying to get production out of #8 Lazerchuck.
With #7 Robert's reported to be back available for the Friday game in Oshawa is it not time to move #8? This whole OA issue may be affecting things a little deeper than we see on the outside. It's looking very apparent now that this Attack team needs #17 Bourque in the line-up every game especially when #5 Durzi is not dressed. Just throwing this out there, is this group of Dmen big and strong enough to put the "fear" in the opposition? Is there anyone that plays physical, shutdown, in your face hockey?
After two pretty solid outings vs Mississauga and Peterborough this weekend, this game was for sure a big letdown.
No matter how we want to look at the goals against the numbers reveal that we gave up 6 goals on 34 shots, that works out to be a goal every 5.6 shots. Yes, it's a tough spot for a first year 17 year old to come into but this game was the perfect example to see an older more experienced part of the goaltending duo make a start to combat the 3 games in 3 nights pressure.
Let's hope this Windsor game was a one off and the boys get back to playing OS Attack hockey on Friday in Oshawa.
Pearson is a rookie who can be better than we've saw. Caruk needs to get some time in no issue with that move. I look at yesterday's game as a chance to learn. We are maybe a little high on ourselves after winning some pretty good games but are playing our first 3 in 2 1/2 Windsor is coming off a bit of a downer on Sat night and pride and getting reemed by the Coach after the gamespells trouble. They come in here probably a little cocky knowing DiPietro is in net. That team plays heavy hockey which is tough to face when your gassed.

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
The team seemed to be OK out of the gate, with some decent scoring chances in the first that weren't converted. Also, the post/crossbar in the second seemed to be a turning point. If that shot goes in, it's a 2-2 game and the Attack get back the momentum. But Windsor ended up scoring 4 more goals from there and the Attack had nothing. #37 had a chance from the slot in the 3rd that missed the net by a good margin. Just that kind of game.

I thought shot selection throughout the game was a factor. E.g, those shorthanded rushes in the 2nd. I thought the guys may have been a bit too cute with the puck, trying to do too much out there at times. Maybe the fact that DiPietro was in net got into their heads a bit.

Credit Gill for taking a timeout in the 2nd at a key point to try to rally the guys. That was an issue last year. Good to see a different approach yesterday. I think Zuke is right in his post-game comments, the players need to respond to that better. Going back to opening night in Barrie (9-2 L), Gill said he left Guzda in net to try to rally the guys, and obviously there was no response then either. I think the guys need to do a better job responding to TG in those moments. Maybe the leadership group needs to lead that response.

Also credit the Spits for having a game plan and sticking to it. The were obviously motivated after their loss in Barrie Saturday and it showed. They were the hungrier team. I thought they did a good job cutting down the passing lanes for the Attack.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
3 in 3's are hard for any team.

Can't blame the team for this one, this was the first 3 in 3 weekend of the season and after 2 good efforts Friday in Mississauga and Saturday at home against the Pete's. The team looked like they were running out of energy from the start of the game against the Spits.

No one's fault really just the nature of the beast of a 3 in 3 weekend in the league for young guys to learn from.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

Can't blame the team for this one, this was the first 3 in 3 weekend of the season and after 2 good efforts Friday in Mississauga and Saturday at home against the Pete's. The team looked like they were running out of energy from the start of the game against the Spits.

No one's fault really just the nature of the beast of a 3 in 3 weekend in the league for young guys to learn from.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017

Agree 100% Also to the poster above about moving #8. I am in agreement with the poster above on selling maybe not a big sell but the team proved on the weekend #5 doesn't make a huge difference they still lose Sun even with 5. They could move him for maybe Luchuk type trade and still have 3 GREAT O/A's Who knows with the parity this year and I think a lack of 98's Durzi might bring more than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad