Owen Sound Attack 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OSattackfan

Jan 13, 2018
What is with Hayton? Every time the ref blows the whistle, Hayton is over whinning about something. Like a spoiled brat, if the call is not in his favor he whines. Just my opinion. For the refs, that game could have gotten out of control, no calls, bad calls, one sided calls. The boys played a great game.
Go Attack Go

SSMHoundsFan

Greyhounds/FlamesFan
Dec 30, 2014
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
To add to what was already mentioned, the Attack are in an interesting situation as the city population is only around 20,000. The region of Grey Bruce counties makes up the vast population of supporting fans.

This would probably fall under it's own thread one day but but keep in mind that the Attack draw the majority of its attendance from the surrounding populus so to draw more fans to attend home games the team chooses not to air home games on the main AM radio station 560 AM.

Having said that there has only ever been 2 broadcasts from the Bayshore in history on CFOS ever both in the past 2 seasons.

The other factor that plays a fairly big factor is that with the exception of the Barrie Colts in the league who have no real local AM transmitter for radio, most of the league has their own agreements with radio Broadcasting companies in their own home centres.

As of April 1999 when the Platers were resurrected at the Attack, the team doesn't physically buy the radio time from the radio station but in fact the radio stations on sports reporter Fred Wallace who doubles his roles throughout the season as PA announcer/ and local sports reporter for Bayshore Broadcasting which owns 3 radio frequencies in the city.

560 CFOS AM
106.5 FM
93.7 FM

Which all rebroadcast sports updates and Attack news. In reality you'll probably never see Owen Sound Attack games broadcast at home more then once or twice a season, or for a specific specialty game.

The only two times they ever broadcasted them where both Guelph games late in the season the past 2 seasons, and that was only because of the ties between both cities that date back to 1989 when the team were the Platers and relocated from Guelph to Owen Sound.

Not to all count that Mr. Fred Wallace is very much a well respected and somewhat of a legend in Owen Sound and OHL community.
A good way to alienate a fan base that can't make it out to the games on home ice. I know the argument could be made 'well it's on tv', sure but not everyone may have tv either

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
A good way to alienate a fan base that can't make it out to the games on home ice. I know the argument could be made 'well it's on tv', sure but not everyone may have tv either

I believe every game is broadcast live on Rogers cable, and accessible on OHL Live. Then there's the option of picking up the radio broadcast of the visiting team , on the Internet.

I doubt anyone who really wants to tune in , doesn't have an option .

Reactions: three dog night

OHLfan200

Nov 28, 2017
;)
What is with Hayton? Every time the ref blows the whistle, Hayton is over whinning about something. Like a spoiled brat, if the call is not in his favor he whines. Just my opinion. For the refs, that game could have gotten out of control, no calls, bad calls, one sided calls. The boys played a great game.
Go Attack Go
Hayton takes the most abuse out of anyone on the Greyhounds. He takes a beating every night, his argument is warranted at least even if he is wrong. He is also guilty of dishing it out himself, but that’s his style of play. He gets under the skin of the opponent. In the end of course we all know there’s no point in arguing with the ref!;)

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
;)
Hayton takes the most abuse out of anyone on the Greyhounds. He takes a beating every night, his argument is warranted at least even if he is wrong. He is also guilty of dishing it out himself, but that’s his style of play. He gets under the skin of the opponent. In the end of course we all know there’s no point in arguing with the ref!;)
Almost all of these Hounds stop playing when the whistle blows and can't wait to get off the ice. Hayton continues to mix it up after the whistle, almost as if he is doing the lifting of 20.

It will always be part of his game, but sometimes I wish it was less a part of his game...

Reactions: PuckLife

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Almost all of these Hounds stop playing when the whistle blows and can't wait to get off the ice. Hayton continues to mix it up after the whistle, almost as if he is doing the lifting of 20.

It will always be part of his game, but sometimes I wish it was less a part of his game...
Why don't you like it? i think we need a little more sandpaper on the team, not less :)

Reactions: HockeyPops

Houndzfan20

Oct 31, 2017
Go Attack Go

Pretty much what Dudas was doing both games in the Soo.

Noofgoof

Mar 29, 2017
Absolutely huge game in the Sound tonight! Heres hoping for a bigger crowd as it looked a bit small the other day and lets hope the boys come out flying because its about as close to do or die as it can get. I have a feeling Jeffrey Chapman is up there pleaing to the hockey gods for a first round win.

Reactions: AttackRinkRat

leafsrdue

Oct 4, 2014
Hounds won the goaltending battle and capitalized on their chances. Hopefully Frost continues to be a non factor and the Attack can key on Hayton's line. They were a force on Monday. OS needs less skating around looking for the perfect play and more pucks to the net. How many times on Monday did the Attack look for the extra pass when they had an opportunity to shoot?

bwhite154

Mar 27, 2019
Worst officiating I’ve seen in a while
Maybe its time for owen sound to stop playing a goon game and running around trying to take guys heads off and just play the game..I have no problrm with any owensound penalty including that great dive late in the third period..fallen down a good 4 seconds or more
after getting tapped lol..

Reactions: DWI Dale

plowman

Nov 24, 2014
Maybe its time for owen sound to stop playing a goon game and running around trying to take guys heads off and just play the game..I have no problrm with any owensound penalty including that great dive late in the third period..fallen down a good 4 seconds or more

Reactions: louis

Attackfan43

Mar 25, 2019
Owen Sound, ON
I am not going to blame officiating tonight.

Was it shady? Sure.

The reason why we lost? Far from it.

Players on the bench who are 300 games deep in their OHL career yelling at refs is pathetic and he deserved that penalty (Poirier)

Groulx flopping around as if he got shot was embarrassing and was called out by the team.

This team was in the game. Took a bit but the shots where even after 25-30 mins, faceoffs were in OS corner. The little battles where being won. The refs established early that they were calling everything. Read the room guys. Don't give them a reason to call anything.

This team lately, in games has developed this piss poor attitude and has quit on themselves and the fans way too many times.

Dale DeGray has his work cut out for him. I saw about 5 guys tonight I'd want on this team next year.

Flip the page and focus on Friday. One has to wonder where this team could be right now if they just buckled down and played a full 60.

Reactions: bwhite154

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015

Welcome to HF boards. I know your're new.

If you want to post derogatory comments about the Attack on your message board, go ahead .

This board is for Attack fans to discuss our team, and other guests who are respectful .

bwhite154

Mar 27, 2019

If you want to post derogatory comments about the Attack on your message board, go ahead .

This board is for Attack fans to discuss our team, and other guests who are respectful .
I am new your right ..I respect owen sound and they fought hard tonight but I dont appreciate them running around like that being goons..All i was saying is they were undissaplened tonight and they were.Hopefully they play a hard clean game in the soo.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
I am not going to blame officiating tonight.

Was it shady? Sure.

The reason why we lost? Far from it.

Players on the bench who are 300 games deep in their OHL career yelling at refs is pathetic and he deserved that penalty (Poirier)

Groulx flopping around as if he got shot was embarrassing and was called out by the team.

This team was in the game. Took a bit but the shots where even after 25-30 mins, faceoffs were in OS corner. The little battles where being won. The refs established early that they were calling everything. Read the room guys. Don't give them a reason to call anything.

This team lately, in games has developed this piss poor attitude and has quit on themselves and the fans way too many times.

Dale DeGray has his work cut out for him. I saw about 5 guys tonight I'd want on this team next year.

I believe Letang said before the series, the winner will be the team that wants it most snd pays the price.

Unfortunately, the guys don't seem to have a playoff gear . The same slow motion plays aren't cutting it.

Yes, lots of work for Degray and company, I suspect starting Saturday morning .

Attackfan43

Mar 25, 2019
Owen Sound, ON
I believe Letang said before the series, the winner will be the team that wants it most snd pays the price.

Unfortunately, the guys don't seem to have a playoff gear . The same slow motion plays aren't cutting it.

Yes, lots of work for Degray and company, I suspect starting Saturday morning .

Agreed.

They look great at times.

As I said, I wonder where this team would be if they could stay composed and focused for 60. Soo still wins the series, but a 7 game series would be a small moral victory for the Attack all things considered.

I am excited to see the changes.

I am on board with this coaching staff. I hope they are given at least another year.

Reactions: Millpond

Chris Coutu

Mar 27, 2019
Kitchener
Things got out of hand in this one. Be interested to know what was said between the 2 head coaches during their heated conversation in the 2nd period between the benches.

Reactions: bwhite154

bear6

Feb 20, 2015

Tell how that post was derogatory in any way

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Things got out of hand in this one. Be interested to know what was said between the 2 head coaches during their heated conversation in the 2nd period between the benches.

Dean asked if Letang uses head Polish.
Letang asked if they put chocolates on the pillows at Best Western .

Dean wanted to know if that was Hishon The Magician on the bench.

Letang asked if he could get an autographed Andy Frost Toronto Maple Leafs poster.

They had trouble hearing because of the crowd, so both moved closer to hear.

They agreed to see each other again Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad