Owen Sound Attack 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

louis

Apr 3, 2014
Another peaceful hounds fan. A bus is coming down on Monday. How is your weather? Any recommendations re restaurants, pubs, etc.?

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Weather is good, should be warming up a bit by Monday. Shorty's (3rd Ave. E @ 1oth St) is a popular before game place, on the east strip (16th St. E.) is Montana's, Kelseys, Boston Pizza, East Side Marios, A&W, Wendys. Across the from Bayshore is Best Western...restaurant Bishops Landing has good food but you need to make a reservation as fills up on game days.

louis

Apr 3, 2014
Weather is good, should be warming up a bit by Monday. Shorty's (3rd Ave. E @ 1oth St) is a popular before game place, on the east strip (16th St. E.) is Montana's, Kelseys, Boston Pizza, East Side Marios, A&W, Wendys. Across the from Bayshore is Best Western...restaurant Bishops Landing has good food but you need to make a reservation as fills up on game days.

Thanks. Knew about a couple from last year.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Another peaceful hounds fan. A bus is coming down on Monday. How is your weather? Any recommendations re restaurants, pubs, etc.?

If you're staying overnight, Elsies Diner, 5 min west of Owen Sound at Spring mount serves great food in a 50's Family run Restaurant.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound

Savour Owen Sound is running until March 30th. Check it out

Savour Owen Sound

Here are some of our great downtown restaurants in addtion to the ones mentioned by other posters

Caseros - Mexican
Jazzymns - pub
Norma Jeans - finer dining
Europa - greek (and Attack super fans, maybe closed early on game day).
Mr Khans Gyro and Fish Corner - middle eastern
Sabitris - indian / international
Curry House - indian
Bus stop (breakfast)

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Interesting news about the Attack's 4th round pick in 2020. Looks like we may have lost this pick through the Torchia deal. Hopefully the matter can be resolved in the Attack's favour.

Bench Talk / Off The Wire The Floating Fourth Rounder
Interesting. The Attack should not be penalized for this. It is the league's job to approve and validate all trades. The league dropped the ball. I suspect a compensatory 4th round 2020 pick will be going Owen Sound's way. Alternately, I wonder if the league will seize the 2019 4th rounder from Oshawa...

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Interesting news about the Attack's 4th round pick in 2020. Looks like we may have lost this pick through the Torchia deal. Hopefully the matter can be resolved in the Attack's favour.

Bench Talk / Off The Wire The Floating Fourth Rounder

I follow all the trades, I have since 2017/18 and I can say 100% certainty that management has every right to be upset about what happened with a pick that said team didn't have or aquire.

Simply put DD wants his pick back and I don't blame him for being upset about it. No such deal exists where our pick was moved and moved again and I've been tracking the deals since 2017/18.

Someone has dropped the ball on this somewhere and I tend to agree that DD should be pursuing his pick or getting compensation pick for what happened.

Confusion on all fronts

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Game 1 against the Soo will be an interesting game, and I simply say that from a standpoint of how fast the guys will be able to get their feet under them early.

On paper the teams should be fairly evenly matched against each other as the Hounds like most teams in the league rely on their top lines to do the bulk of the work load production wise.

The key to this series will most certainly be home ice advantage, crowds, line changes and timeouts taken at the right moment. In both times these clubs have met previously the points listed above all played factors in the results.

From an Attack fan it's best to keep in mind that this series is a best of 7 not a best of 1, post-season is a whole different kind of game and adaptation to play and opponent styles are key components to winning in the playoffs.

The more teams change their styles to their opponents the more likely the upper hand will be in the team's favor. The guys have to play with hart and energy and not get caught up in the high emotions of the post-season crowd away from the Bayshore.

The battle for 16 begins

Reactions: AttackRinkRat

louis

Apr 3, 2014
Sad news. The Sault bus trip had to be cancelled. Not enough people could do the short warning thing. We were even staying an extra night! I feel really bad, but I will record all of the friendly advice that we got, and maybe next time...

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Too bad about the bus. I'd imagine it would be easier if it involved a game on a weekend. Weekday games sort of means the only people who can attend are retirees.

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Great road game by your team they where relentless all night long and never gave the hounds any room

Reactions: Noofgoof

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
That was one for the memory banks. Playoffs can create some great stories.
This game has shown just what this young group is capable of .

Great work, everyone . That win secures another game for the boys this year.

"people are staring at me like I stole their money"-Fred Wallace, after his call of the Attack's game winning overtime goal.

Last edited:

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Game 1 in the books and the team played well on the road.

Guzda has been locked into a groove, and the team limited the Hounds chances when they had to, special teams really play a huge factor in game 1. As the guys clicked on 3 out of 5 chances with the man advantages on the night while limiting the Hounds to 1 out of 5.

Very even up by all accounts for game 1, now on to game 2 on Saturday won't be a cake walk but good for the guys to get the first one out of the way and a big confidence booster.

Reactions: Finster8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad