Owen Sound Attack 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Boys played well against Barrie last night. Nice crisp passing (for the most part), scoring coming from different players (and not the usual scorers). Powerplay was much better with more shots on net. Great way to enter the playoffs. Kitchener will be a test but the boys have it in them if they play like last night.

Reactions: OSattackfan

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
You're right. Let me be the 1st Hound Fan on your board to welcome both teams into the 1st round of the playoffs. I promise I wont be posting here, over and over. Looking forward to another good playoff matchup between our 2 teams and our 2 passionate fan bases. Some good series between these 2 franchises the last 10 yrs. Standings mean nothing now. Only gives a team that 1 extra home game should the series go the distance. Much respect for the game itself, from the Hound fans, and may the better team win in the end.

KFawcett

Oct 13, 2017
You're right. Let me be the 1st Hound Fan on your board to welcome both teams into the 1st round of the playoffs. I promise I wont be posting here, over and over. Looking forward to another good playoff matchup between our 2 teams and our 2 passionate fan bases. Some good series between these 2 franchises the last 10 yrs. Standings mean nothing now. Only gives a team that 1 extra home game should the series go the distance. Much respect for the game itself, from the Hound fans, and may the better team win in the end.
Welcome to our board. I like you hope to see a good playoff matchup. One thing I have learned over the years is that predictions make one look foolish so I don't make them. Let's see a good well fought series and the chips will fall were they fall.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

May the chips fall where they lay in this series and that we hope to see equal fan support from both clubs in both buildings in the playoffs.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Once again penalties kill any chance of a win last night. The boys can't get caught taking penalties vs SSM in the playoffs. Boys have to player smarter. They have the heart now need to play with their heads.

OHL insideout

Jan 12, 2016
There is so much work that needs to be done with this team moving forward!
Playoff time is here come Thursday so I will leave my post season remarks until after the season comes to a close.
We got a good look last night of what a 99 age class of players should look like for a team heading into the playoffs and ramping things up for your 3 OA's for the following season. If all of #93 Yantsis, #88 Meireles and #4 Garreffa are back next season for this Rangers team, look out Western Conference. (and this is a team that didn't even expect to have this much success)

ohlfanos

Jul 21, 2006
owen sound ontario
No matter what you think the talent level is on this team...have a look at next years age groups and let me know if you think that is our team...more changes coming, in particular with one age group

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Looking at the hockey ops page on the team's website, "Assistant GM" has been added to Joey Hishon's job title. Also, Ryan Manley (statistician) is now also the "administrative assistant to the GM".

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Looking at the hockey ops page on the team's website, "Assistant GM" has been added to Joey Hishon's job title. Also, Ryan Manley (statistician) is now also the "administrative assistant to the GM".
Very interesting. I can see Joey contributing towards drafting young players and player development. Congrats to both Joey and Ryan are being given more responsibility.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Very interesting. I can see Joey contributing towards drafting young players and player development. Congrats to both Joey and Ryan are being given more responsibility.
I believe Joey has been scouting for the team . Pearson was his find .

I have complete faith in the Magician . Good continuity move.

Ryan does a ton of stuff behind the scenes. Another great guy.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
This will likely draw the ire of some other midwest fans.

I noticed some writing about the Attack diving last night. So I'm not sure how to take that?

Friday in Kitchener, all the Attack penalties were warranted, and by Saturday the Atack altered their game plan to capitalize by diving ?

That sentiment grows old quick .And honestly, there are but a few fan bases who constantly go on about diving .

Give it a reSt.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
This will likely draw the ire of some other midwest fans.

I noticed some writing about the Attack diving last night. So I'm not sure how to take that?

Friday in Kitchener, all the Attack penalties were warranted, and by Saturday the Atack altered their game plan to capitalize by diving ?

That sentiment grows old quick .And honestly, there are but a few fan bases who constantly go on about diving .

Give it a reSt.
Watched a lot of hockey this weekend and my observation was the refs have taken their playoff whistles out of the drawer and were using them ( not using them) all weekend.

Attackfan72

Dec 30, 2018
Well said! I don't see us pulling this off. But one thing is certain, they won't lay down! These boys will fight til the final buzzer!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
The Attack finish the rgular season as expected.

The bulk of their pts in the 1st half, got them into the playoffs.

May be the toughest season ever . Having a great core of star players, seeing them moved to other teams, and basically starting for , more or less scratch in January. New head coach and assistant, new line combos, new blueline members
Some games, we saw a glimpse of what this team can do (in the win column).

Other nights looked like a train wreck.

While there is much work to do, this young group will get some valuable playoff action.

Then the draft, where the team has a full slate to work with .

And fall 2019, continue building .

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
Another Hounds fan coming in peace. Here is to another good series, cant wait for it to get underway on Thursday!

And one more thing, the kids are lucky to have great management, they sure got fed last time they were here in the Soo, they had their team dinner at Gliss restaurant, one of the nicer resturants in town!

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Another Hounds fan coming in peace. Here is to another good series, cant wait for it to get underway on Thursday!

And one more thing, the kids are lucky to have great management, they sure got fed last time they were here in the Soo, they had their team dinner at Gliss restaurant, one of the nicer resturants in town!

We've seen a lot of each other the last few years. I think this year, the Atack are looking to get some playoff reps for their kids.

Look for Nolan Seed to get lots of minutes, ditto Chibrikov, Perrott, Wooley.

It would be nice for the Attack to win a game, their best chance is at home.

They've got to say out of the sin Vin and everyone playing the same game pan .

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
We've seen a lot of each other the last few years. I think this year, the Atack are looking to get some playoff reps for their kids.

Look for Nolan Seed to get lots of minutes, ditto Chibrikov, Perrott, Wooley.

It would be nice for the Attack to win a game, their best chance is at home.

They've got to say out of the sin Vin and everyone playing the same game pan .
Never been to the Sin Vin:) Sounds like a fun place.

Reactions: Millpond

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
Never been to the Sin Vin:) Sounds like a fun place.

it's a bar here in the Soo... don't eat the oysters.

should be a good series. on paper the soo takes it in 5, but on paper we should have had a cup last year. let's see what happens. enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad