Owen Sound Attack 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhite154

Mar 27, 2019
I Don't know who this white guy is who claims to be a Soo fan. Been one for many years and to me he is just an embarrassment. I apologize to the Attack fans. You have been great to me on this site .
I said they have a good team as well..didnt read all my posts i guess.they can compete with us if keep their cool.Lets have a good game 5 . Is that nice enough Louis lol. Read all my posts before comenting lol.

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
Well that's the season. Boys had a good game tonight, unfortunately a couple of turnovers and some good forechecking by Soo were too much for the Attack. They should be proud of their game tonight. Next season will be interesting. Thank you Attack for a great season.

OSattackfan

Jan 13, 2018
I Don't know who this white guy is who claims to be a Soo fan. Been one for many years and to me he is just an embarrassment. I apologize to the Attack fans. You have been great to me on this site .
Thank you

Gouin Street

Jan 9, 2014
S.S.Marie
Attack played real good tonight. Enough to win. Hounds turned it on in the 3rd. Cant say enough about the no quit attitude on this Attack team. Even when down 6-4, they had players giving their all when most would pack it in. I cant imagine having to play against this team with the likes of Suzuki, Hancock, Durzi and Philips. Very nice to see the Attack players shake hands with both refs too. And a shout out to the Hounds as well, for exiting the ice and leaving the Attack to stay on their home ice last.
I'm not sure exactly who will not be returning next season, but you Attack fans have some good hockey ahead of you. My personal favorites will be Guzda and McMaster. Thank you Owen Sound fans for a good hard fought series and letting me post on your board.

leafsrdue

Oct 4, 2014
If the Attack had those guys they would have finished up the standings and would be cruising into round 2. Couple that with Guzda's performance in round 1 and they might have been the team to beat. Oh well, the moves still had to be made for the future. Looking forward to next year!!

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
If the Attack had those guys they would have finished up the standings and would be cruising into round 2. Couple that with Guzda's performance in round 1 and they might have been the team to beat. Oh well, the moves still had to be made for the future. Looking forward to next year!!

Agreed leafsrdue, sometimes we the fans forget that this is a league where you have dismantle your your top talent to push forward with the next set of top talent when they're gone.

As a fan for the past 25 years, I can say I'm looking forward to seeing what the future hold for next season for the team. Theres a lot of talent here that will make up a good core of talent for next season.

Now it will be time for management to set there eyes on the draft and selecting the best available player that the team get with there first round selection, to build the team forward to another contender.

Reactions: Attack Fan

Pond Hockey

Jun 9, 2002
Put Suzuki, Hancock, Phillips and Durzi back in this lineup and I'm not sure the hounds win this series. Good coaching and hard work from Owen sound this series. Until next playoffs I guess.
I think you're right. I'm inclined to the think the outcome would have been much different with those four players still with the Attack. At the deadline, DeGray said we would have gone out after the first round anyway even with those guys (likely said to help justify the sell-off). I didn't agree with that at the time, and I still don't.

Of course the sell-off had to happen given the circumstances. My point is just that I agree that the outcome of this series is probably different with those four guys.

Reactions: Attack Fan

Attackfan43

Mar 25, 2019
Owen Sound, ON
I don't want to get into the whole What if we had Zuke and Company back in the line up and I don't think anyone else should.

The 2nd half of this season was tough for everyone and there are some tough decisions that should be made. But ever since that nasty night in Kitchener earlier in the month, the team has played in a way that gives me some hope going forward.

Since we are there, could we have won with Zuke, and Company?

Yes, probably could have won a round. But then what? Has Guzda shown enough all year that we can rely on him night in and out in the playoffs? No. Goaltending is a huge reason why we wouldn't have got out of the 2nd round this year and is the single main reason why we didn't last year.

Then what? We would have lost Zuke, Hancock, Durzi, Phillips, Sushko, Bourque. Turn over would be nasty. We would be banking on forwards like Doherty and Robinson to play top 6 roles next season.

What's done is done. Lets look forward. Draft soon. Exciting times ahead at the Bayshore.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
With the season over we can look at the glass half full or half empty for the past season.

What was done at the trade deadline was something that even though it was sad and tough to see happen had to. Sure like many I feel upset that we got put out in 5 games with the lineup we have, but as a fan who understands the game and the league we the fans have to remember that difficult decisions had to be made in the progression forward into next season and beyond.

Onward and forward towards the draft will be on the teams priority list, as the team starts planning for training camp in August.

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
Bottom line, last year was the year. This was always supposed to be a retooling year IMO.

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
With the draft this Saturday will certainly be interesting to see what the draft will hold for the future of the team.

I think the core of returning players will see a good progression forward into next season. This team has a solid blueline and good tenders, turning the priority draft this team will probably key on a power forward or center man.

However will see what what managment believes is more a priority. As of right now moving forward into next season. Here's what the team's depth chart looks like.

Guzda
MacLean

Robertson
Chibrikov
Seed
Parrott
Woolley
Lyle

Alberg
Doherty
Groulx
Caruk
Kirwin
Wilson
MacMaster
Sushko
Robinson
Pearson
Dudas

Rookie
Rookie
Rookie

Attackfan43

Mar 25, 2019
Owen Sound, ON
With the draft this Saturday will certainly be interesting to see what the draft will hold for the future of the team.

I think the core of returning players will see a good progression forward into next season. This team has a solid blueline and good tenders, turning the priority draft this team will probably key on a power forward or center man.

However will see what what managment believes is more a priority. As of right now moving forward into next season. Here's what the team's depth chart looks like.

Guzda
MacLean

Robertson
Chibrikov
Seed
Parrott
Woolley
Lyle

Alberg
Doherty
Groulx
Caruk
Kirwin
Wilson
MacMaster
Sushko
Robinson
Pearson
Dudas

Rookie
Rookie
Rookie

I get the feeling we aren't going to see much of Alberg and Doherty next season. With the amount of money that gets invested in bringing imports over, I can't imagine DD has many plans of bringing him back especially if you can get a better import through the draft this year. Not sure where the Attack falls but gotta imagine the 20-30 range. It is unfortunate how Alberg was used most of this year and down the stretch. Also unfortunate the number of players that went after him last year that were missed.

Sushko will definitely not be returning. He had a down year of sorts this year but he's got pro size and the skill to succeed in the AHL.

Wilson, Caruk, in my opinion, are the guys that are going to replace Doherty if he doesn't come to camp and light it up. Neither really impressed. Honestly wouldn't be surprised if 1 or both of them are here to start the season. I like that they both have size. If they could find a way to add more skill, they could form 2/3 of a solid 3rd line down the line here. I like them both, just want to see a bit more.

Cade Robinson had some moments down the stretch. But still hasn't shown me that he could be a capable O/A. If you look around the league, and OS especially, they have a very weak incoming O/A group. It's an area I don't mind upgrading heading into another rebuilding year. Wouldn't mind going out and maybe taking advantage of teams like Kitchener, Barrie and a few others that have quality O/A players. One thing this Attack team lacked severely was overall leadership. Having solid leaders in the room is ideal in a rebuild. Having Cole Cameron down the stretch would have been nice.

This is a crucial draft. While everyone selected is essentially a project, we need to see 3, 03 born prospects on the roster next season. Too many times have we seen very few rookies, then they get sent to junior A and they just don't project the way they should have. Get the rookies in the lineup. No reason why their won't be spots. Get them in, keep them in. Develop them as Attack players. Get a high end forward in the 1st round, and compliment that.

Now onto the goalies. While everyone who hasn't watch him all year praised Guzda calling him a stud, we need to step back and look at the bigger picture. He performed okay over 5 playoff games. While this team isn't expected to do much next year, if we go into December and he is still sporting a 3 GAA and .870 save percentage, its' time to call it a day. Can't consistently be 20 points below average in the save percentage category.

I am excited about the future. Endless posibilities!

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I am excited about the future. Endless posibilities!

Great post and you should be excited I think OS did the best job at selling off I’ve seen in quite some time. They took a balance of Picks and Bodies which means as soon as next season you should start to reap the rewards of the sell off. So many teams take picks, picks and more picks and it just lengthens the process of a rebuild I think?

Good Luck (well never to much Luck you are in the West after all) enjoy the off season.

Reactions: Noofgoof
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad