Owen Sound Attack 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AttackSound

Junior Hockey Fan Since Birth
Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
The Attack and Hounds played with lots of emotion tonight.

Theres certainly been a lot of fireworks between both clubs in the past 4 tilts of the series. I stand by my belief that the officiating in the past two games was spotty all around and played marginal factors in key points and outcomes in the past 6 periods of hockey on all aspects of the game.

Especially in the faceoffs, I've never seen so many players thrown out of draws then I have in the past then I have this season. I understand that these are not professionals who officiate games but they have thrown more and more players out of draws and have taken momentum out of this series all over the ice in all games.

It's time in this league for the officials to either throw both guys in the draw out or just let them scrum for the puck the first time. More times than not they kick guys out when they don't even move. I've also seen more laziness by the men in zebra colors on fundamental things like counting 6 guys and failing to make too many men calls when the call is plainly obvious.

Time for the league to develop officials counting skills.

OSattackfan

Jan 13, 2018
The Attack and Hounds played with lots of emotion tonight.

Theres certainly been a lot of fireworks between both clubs in the past 4 tilts of the series. I stand by my belief that the officiating in the past two games was spotty all around and played marginal factors in key points and outcomes in the past 6 periods of hockey on all aspects of the game.

Especially in the faceoffs, I've never seen so many players thrown out of draws then I have in the past then I have this season. I understand that these are not professionals who officiate games but they have thrown more and more players out of draws and have taken momentum out of this series all over the ice in all games.

It's time in this league for the officials to either throw both guys in the draw out or just let them scrum for the puck the first time. More times than not they kick guys out when they don't even move. I've also seen more laziness by the men in zebra colors on fundamental things like counting 6 guys and failing to make too many men calls when the call is plainly obvious.

Time for the league to develop officials counting skills.
Carines is the worst ref I have ever saw, one sided was obvious. Yes the attack did their share of dives and antics, but the Soo were far from innocent as some have posted on this site.

OSMike

Conch Shell Crew
Mar 25, 2014
Owen Sound
McMaster's miss was a momentum changer. Poor kid I am sure he's replaying that one over and over.

Goal 1, 3, 4no body on D moving the man in front of Guzda.
Goal 2, #2 late on an assignment
Goal 5, weak back check

Nervous lambs? Defense wins the games, playing 200' wins games.

Sure we can blame the refs but looking down the score sheet I see a lot of Misconducts, roughings etc. Boys need to know how to play the refs, it's part of the game.

This experience just helps for next year. But it sure would be nice to have one more game back here.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
McMaster's miss was a momentum changer. Poor kid I am sure he's replaying that one over and over.
Which one? I lost count of the number of wide open cages that number 22 looked at. If he doesn't miss those tap ins, and if Owen Sound stays disciplined, we would be heading home tied right now.

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Which one? I lost count of the number of wide open cages that number 22 looked at. If he doesn't miss those tap ins, and if Owen Sound stays disciplined, we would be heading home tied right now.
There's certainly lots to analyze. I'll wait till the end to offer my post mortem

bcspirit

Jan 10, 2013
North America
Carines is the worst ref I have ever saw, one sided was obvious. Yes the attack did their share of dives and antics, but the Soo were far from innocent as some have posted on this site.
Cairns is god awful. He seems to always call for only one team in a game and only calls both teams to offset a penalty, on his favored team, a penalty which is far too obvious to ignore.

HF92

Oct 14, 2017
SSM
www.facebook.com
Not here to battle with anyone . I'ts been a fun series and I honestly knew Owen Sound would give us a run... Gonna be a wild team next year.

I just wanna say that the Sushko incident probably won't be a buy back suspension , but MacKay will also probably recieve a suspension.

Good luck Friday it has been a fun series !!

Attackfan43

Mar 25, 2019
Owen Sound, ON
It's a new day.

Frustration has worn off from last nights game.

Let's look at the positives.

The Attack was getting outshot and closed that gap in the 2nd and 3rd last night to the point they were outshooting the Hounds.

They were great in the faceoff circle.

They were very undisciplined.

Not to be a Debbie downer but this team likely isn't coming back from a 3-1 deficit. But a win Friday and this can go either way.

Need to work on cleaner zone entries. Staying out of the box. And capitalizing on special teams. The Hounds still make a number of mistakes, need to take advantage of it.

Guzda needs to play Friday and come out in the 1st period as if its the 2nd and 3rd. He's turning into a goalie who starts slow but finishes strong. Need him to be strong all game.

Let's play a hard 60 tomorrow and bring it back to the Bayshore. Even though and I know it sucks that there are some players on this team who are content with tomorrow being their last game. Won't signal anyone out but it is not hard to see who at this point.

Reactions: AttackRinkRat

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
It's a new day.

Frustration has worn off from last nights game.

Let's look at the positives.

The Attack was getting outshot and closed that gap in the 2nd and 3rd last night to the point they were outshooting the Hounds.

They were great in the faceoff circle.

They were very undisciplined.

Not to be a Debbie downer but this team likely isn't coming back from a 3-1 deficit. But a win Friday and this can go either way.

Need to work on cleaner zone entries. Staying out of the box. And capitalizing on special teams. The Hounds still make a number of mistakes, need to take advantage of it.

Guzda needs to play Friday and come out in the 1st period as if its the 2nd and 3rd. He's turning into a goalie who starts slow but finishes strong. Need him to be strong all game.

Let's play a hard 60 tomorrow and bring it back to the Bayshore. Even though and I know it sucks that there are some players on this team who are content with tomorrow being their last game. Won't signal anyone out but it is not hard to see who at this point.

The series isn't over until the final buzzer sounds, last night's game was simply frustrations on all aspects.

If anyone thought that this series was going to be anything less than a fireworks show then they haven't seen enough junior hockey in the OHL.

A series can swing both ways and until the handshake line happens the team isn't going to quit. Playoffs are a whole different animal and this series has been nothing short of swings both ways.

I expect nothing more than the guys playing till the final buzzer sounds.

Reactions: HF92

louis

Apr 3, 2014
[QUOTE="Attackfan43, post: 158657947, member:

Let's play a hard 60 tomorrow and bring it back to the Bayshore. Even though and I know it sucks that there are some players on this team who are content with tomorrow being their last game. Won't signal anyone out but it is not hard to see who at this point.[/QUOTE]

The same thing has happened in the Soo on occasion and I share your frustration.

Reactions: AttackSound

bwhite154

Mar 27, 2019
The attack were way worse dirty then the hound sall series..it finally caught up tp them in game 4...No excuse for getting penalties because you cant keep your trap shut ...wish owen sound luck in game 5 back in soo but dont blames the refs because your players lost their cool and took dumb penalties

OSattackfan

Jan 13, 2018
The attack were way worse dirty then the hound sall series..it finally caught up tp them in game 4...No excuse for getting penalties because you cant keep your trap shut ...wish owen sound luck in game 5 back in soo but dont blames the refs because your players lost their cool and took dumb penalties
Take your opinions back to your own board. Hayton can't keeps his shut either but gets no calls. Give me a break

bear6

Feb 20, 2015
Take your opinions back to your own board. Hayton can't keeps his shut either but gets no calls. Give me a break
Difference is he doesn't yell and bitch at the refs, that's what got poirier the 10 minute misconduct

Millpond

Dec 5, 2015
Not here to battle with anyone . I'ts been a fun series and I honestly knew Owen Sound would give us a run... Gonna be a wild team next year.

I just wanna say that the Sushko incident probably won't be a buy back suspension , but MacKay will also probably recieve a suspension.

To be honest, I don't recall Mackay doing anything that stood out.

The Attack didn't get skunked, which is something, I suppose.

bwhite154

Mar 27, 2019
Good luck to owen sound..chirpping and being dirty running guys are two different things...owensound has issues with playing clean hard hockey.Lets hope its a great game in game 5.

bwhite154

Mar 27, 2019
Good luck to owen sound..chirpping and being dirty running guys are two different things...owensound has issues with playing clean hard hockey.Lets hope its a great game in game 5.
I know owensound has a good team..this seeries aint over yet if they can stay out of box

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario

Ahh okay maybe I'm over thinking it

Have to agree with Millpond, MacKay hasn't been a dominant player in the series from what I saw thus far but a steady player for the Greyhounds.
In regards to suspension or no suspension I can't see players getting suspended at least not unless there was a plainly obvious reason to warrant one slew-foot, check from behind with injury on the play etc.

This series has been nothing short of exciting for both teams.

louis

Apr 3, 2014
I Don't know who this white guy is who claims to be a Soo fan. Been one for many years and to me he is just an embarrassment. I apologize to the Attack fans. You have been great to me on this site .

AttackRinkRat

Apr 1, 2017
It seems that not only are the players emotional, but so are the fans posting to this board. Nice to have passionate fans who support their teams. I expect that both teams will bring their A games tonight. Do or die for Attack. Let the best team win.

Reactions: AttackSound

AttackSound

Aug 25, 2016
Owen Sound, Ontario
Tonight's game is very much a do or go home for the team.

I'll certainly give the guys credit where credit is due in this series, the Attack haven't rolled over yet in the series thus far, and that's really all you can expect from the guys at this point.

With game 5 being an elimination game tonight against the Hounds this will be the first audition for guys to see where the team goes moving forward into next season. Let's see if the guys can bring it back down to the Bayshore for game 6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->