Ovechkin Wins Eighth Career Rocket Richard Trophy

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I think Ovie is destined to score in against the Panthers and the Canadiens, so I think he still hits 50. Drai is seriously on his heels. They still have a lot of hockey to play tonight, he could score again.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I would love to see Draisaitl win it. And that's an understatement..

But it would feel so wrong for Ovi not to get it. So wrong.

I'm pulling for Ovi here, guys been one of my favourite players since he entered the league. Hopefully Drai is only like 1 behind though... Lol

DitchMarner

It's time.
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
I would like to see Ovechkin get it for an eighth time. That would be impressive. It'll be kind of disappointing if he doesn't win considering the cushion he had late in the season...

But I'd be fine with Tavares sharing the award with him... :nod:

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I would love to see Draisaitl win it. And that's an understatement..

But it would feel so wrong for Ovi not to get it. So wrong.

I'm pulling for Ovi here, guys been one of my favourite players since he entered the league. Hopefully Drai is only like 1 behind though... Lol
I'm cheering for Draisaitl to score 50. If that gets him the Rocket, great, if not, I'm happy Ovechkin will be adding to his legacy.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
OV has had his spot in the sunlight, time for a fresh face..Dr.Drai is coming for you Great 8.

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
OV has had his spot in the sunlight, time for a fresh face..Dr.Drai is coming for you Great 8.
While it is amazing what he's doing, his shooting percentage is a bit like Wild Bill's from last season lol (though not quite as extreme)

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Drai's shooting percentage is insane

Nearly identical with Brayden Point.
His one timer this year is lethal. You can tell he really worked on it. Draisiatl isnt a high volume shooter, he picks his shots and gets himself into open positions all the time.
I agree though~22% is high, wont be sustained next season. But I dont think 18-19% is out of the question for him. He had 16.9% 2 seasons ago.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
It's really embarrassing for Ovechkin for Draisaitl to be within 2 goals of him. It's like when Rookie ovie hit 51 and Cheechoo hit 56.

It's really embarrassing for him to be this bad and not close out Tavares and Draisaitl.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
It's really embarrassing for Ovechkin for Draisaitl to be within 2 goals of him. It's like when Rookie ovie hit 51 and Cheechoo hit 56.

It's really embarrassing for him to be this bad and not close out Tavares and Draisaitl.
The guy is arguably the greatest goal scorer of all time...

It isn't embarassing at all to be winning by only 2 goals at the age of thirty freakin three while having won the trophy the last 8 seasons in a row.

And it's not like he's losing, or some complete scrubs are up there with him, Draisaitl and Tavares are among some of the best players in the league lol

AussieCapsFan

Apr 30, 2017
Gold Coast
The guy is arguably the greatest goal scorer of all time...

It isn't embarassing at all to be winning by only 2 goals at the age of thirty freakin three while having won the trophy the last 8 seasons in a row.

And it's not like he's losing, or some complete scrubs are up there with him, Draisaitl and Tavares are among some of the best players in the league lol

Very true and well said. And thank you for reminding me i needed to put that person on ignore (months ago).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad