Ovechkin passes Selanne,Super Mario,Yzerman and Messier for career goals. 2 more for 700 goal club.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
He'll pass Gretzky. As long as he plays until he's 40 he'll always be able to shoot the puck. I can see him scoring 30-40 even at 38, 39, 40.
I think that record means more to him than any other individual accomplishment he could get. He's always made it known the main goal was winning cups but he takes goal scoring records and achievements really serious. I say he sticks around the NHL until he breaks it because that's just the type of guy he is.

Kuznetsnow

Nov 26, 2019
I think that record means more to him than any other individual accomplishment he could get. He's always made it known the main goal was winning cups but he takes goal scoring records and achievements really serious. I say he sticks around the NHL until he breaks it because that's just the type of guy he is.

Would also be arguably the biggest record in Russian sports history, one that no one anywhere in the world would be able to obfuscate or deny unlike for example the 2018 Olympics win, Soviet Olympic wins, etc. Having a Russian be the top goal scorer in NHL history, his face above Gretzky in most important/second most important individual stat category would be a godly achievement for the motherland, I'm sure he gets that.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
Even as a diehard Pens fan, one of the most overlooked aspects to OV's greatness is his durability. Dude is a workhorse. Plays a hard style and very rarely misses time.

correction his durability is one of the most overlooked things by pens fans. Everyone else has known this for quite some time, haha

TheGuiminator

I’ll be damned King, I’ll be damned
Oct 23, 2018
Ovy’s still my pick to win the Rockets.

Pasta is good but he ain’t outscoring Ovechkin by the end of the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad