Ovechkin passes Selanne,Super Mario,Yzerman and Messier for career goals. 2 more for 700 goal club.

Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

Aug 4, 2003
This space.
I'm a lifelong Pens fan, I don't like Ovechkin or the Washington Capitals. I don't like seeing them have success. However, what Ovechkin is doing is in fact amazing. His skill, consistency and durability is nothing short of outstanding. The fact he could beat a Gretzky record in the era he's playing in is mind boggling.

He'll go down as THE best goal scorer in NHL history as at this point I can't see him not surpassing 900 career goals.

Confused Turnip

Nov 29, 2019
Its insane. Every time someone has underestimated OV, he has been able to 'comment' that in some ridiculous way.

I still recall Granpa Selänne at near the end of his career, hoping he would manage score few more goals to get into to that Mario-Yzer-Mess flock. He didn't.

OV just turbo boosted through whole group in manner that I tend to think that doing so gave some extra motivation for him. And he is still about 10 years short of what it was for other awesome number 8, Teemu Selänne.
One of the craziest parts of that is that Selanne wasn't just good, he was incredible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad