Ovechkin has Finally Won the Cup!

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
Thornton now the best player to never win a cup? As a Sharks fan I hope the management uses this as motivation and go all out to win it next season.

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
What a beaut telling the fans to get the beers ready. He's gonna have alcohol poisoning for sure. The parade will be hilarious.
Something like this?
ovi-wedding-dance2.gif

EakinsMVP

Apr 23, 2015
Congrats Steph Curry for finally winning his third championship!

Woops, wrong thread.

J/k I don't watch that garbage. Stoked for Ovi

Reactions: Portable Mink

HawkNut

Jun 12, 2017
Ovechkin's celebration was not better than Ray Bourque.

I did get a 1994 Messier vibe from his celebration, though.

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
I mean, he isn't just an elite winger... he may be the best goal scorer to ever play the game. How many teams have that on their roster?
You'd pretty much have to be Ovechkin, i.e. an all time great winger, to be considered the corner stone of a team with centers as good as Backstrom and Kuznetsov.
The "can't build around a winger" was more the narrative for the Leafs back when they asked Kessel to make Bozak work as a 1C. The narrative for Washington's failure has mostly been choking, not lack of attention paid to the center position. Or goalies.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
I'm a Jackets fan. Ovechkin's in the same division. And I still have roots as an Islander fan, way back somewhere, so I always want to punch Dale Hunter in the face. I should be hating this.

But Ovechkin is an amazing player. An unlike Crosby, he doesn't whine and act like a little s**t when things don't go his way. He's been a great ambassador for the sport, and I'm glad he finally got there.

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
How did he win? Wasnt he supposed to be a loser who always chokes?

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Happy for Ovy. He knows he will never be held in the same category as the Kid but I'm glad he gets to hoist the cup 1 time.

Why don’t you get a jump on the Pittsburgh rendition of the Phil Kessel Cap Dump Redux Threadfest. Who knew the Pens needed Fleury and Fleury needed the Pens. Enjoy the parade. We’ll see you next season.

Reactions: pezpunk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad