Out of Town Thread XXXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jul 6, 2016
I know it may shock the Bergevin fanboys but playing .500 hockey, "make the playoffs and hope for the best" is actually not considered to be a success by many people out there.

Montgomery was not fired because of his team's results... The communiqué-statement from the team is very clear.

Why always mixing out of town news with Habs' stuff totallly unrelated ?

Reactions: Goal Caufield

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Montgomery was not fired because of his team's results... The communiqué-statement from the team is very clear.

Why always mixing out of town news with Habs' stuff totallly unrelated ?

Because people need to be called out for their shit.

Teams can say whatever they want, but the coaches getting fired are coaches they wanted fired anyway.

Jul 6, 2016
Because people need to be called out for their ****.

Teams can say whatever they want, but the coaches getting fired are coaches they wanted fired anyway.

No. Dallas would not say that if it was not based on facts. If it would be false, the coach could sue them to have attacked him on his personal integrity.

If it was 100% hockey related, it would be so much easier to fire a coach. And there would be no reason to call a cat, a cat.

When and IF MB is fired, it will be based on his record as GM. Same with CJ.

Last edited:

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
No. Dallas would not say that if it was not based on facts. If it would be false, the coach could sue them to have attached him on his personal integrity.

If it was 100% hockey related, it would be so much easier to fire a coach. And there would be no reason to call a cat, a cat.

Probably true, but I wouldn't put too much money on that either.

Jul 6, 2016
How can you say this with certainty?

Did you foresee this with Montgomery?

Let's put all the GM's and coaches in the same bag, then.... They are all a bunch of classless, ruthless SOB.... Because that's the way the hockey business has been run since ages with players who were accepting to be abused to keep their job.

As for Montgomery, we don't know the exact reason. Could be anything related to violence, sex, money..??????

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Funny. However Dallas is 17-11-3 with 37 pts

They have been very inconsistent. Went on a huge losing streak, then a huge winning streak, then lost like 4 or 5 in a row pretty recently. Not really looking good, they have been terrible except for their big winning streak.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
No. Dallas would not say that if it was not based on facts. If it would be false, the coach could sue them to have attached him on his personal integrity.

It's a lot easier to fire a guy who's performance you don't like if they also have off-ice issues.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
They have been very inconsistent. Went on a huge losing streak, then a huge winning streak, then lost like 4 or 5 in a row pretty recently. Not really looking good, they have been terrible except for their big winning streak.

They have a lot of players under-performing too. Seguin is in his prime and on his way for his worst season since his rookie year.

BTW what did the Avs pay for Nichushkin? I would prefer him as depth instead of our trillions smallish bottom 6 guys.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Dallas record is pretty good. It's 100% off ice issues.

They are strong defensively but they can't score at all, and it doesn't make sense with guys like Benn, Seguin, Radulov, Pavelski, Klingberg, etc...

Almost all their wins came from one big streak where they only lost twice in like a month and a half. The rest of the season has been almost only losses.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Let's put all the GM's and coaches in the same bag, then.... They are all a bunch of classless, ruthless SOB.... Because that's the way the hockey business has been run since ages with players who were accepting to be abused to keep their job.

As for Montgomery, we don't know the exact reason. Could be anything related to violence, sex, money..??????

I’m not putting them in the same bag.

Again, why can you say with absolute certainty that it can’t happen. Obviously you have a base of knowledge which precludes you being surprised by Montgomery.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON

I used to be very high on him, I'd consider taking a chance on the guy, although we'd have to clear some space in Laval I guess.

Edit : He cleared so no chance taken I guess.

Last edited:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I know it may shock the Bergevin fanboys but playing .500 hockey, "make the playoffs and hope for the best" is actually not considered to be a success by many people out there.

For real? See, at one point, some fanboy almost convinced me that just having a NHL team should be enough...lol

Reactions: waffledave

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004

I used to be very high on him, I'd consider taking a chance on the guy, although we'd have to clear some space in Laval I guess.

Edit : He cleared so no chance taken I guess.

Very few waiver claims so far this season. Only remember three (Eric Comrie, Carl Dahlstrom & Nick Shore)

I am surprised that some of the guys who cleared haven't been traded afterwards.

Edit: add Luca Sbisa also claimed on waivers, Winnipeg involved in all 4 claims adding 3 players and losing Comrie

Last edited:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Very few waiver claims so far this season. Only remember three (Eric Comrie, Carl Dahlstrom & Nick Shore)

I am surprised that some of the guys who cleared haven't been traded afterwards.

Edit: add Luca Sbisa also claimed on waivers
Most team are happy with what they've got depth wise I guess.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Most team are happy with what they've got depth wise I guess.
Looking at CapFriendly a lot of teams at 48ish contracts or close to capped out too. They have the trades listed over there as well and most have been $ for $ contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Augsburg vs VfB Stuttgart
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $16,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Frosinone vs Inter Milan
    Frosinone vs Inter Milan