Out of town thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I feel that Sid gets pretty overlooked now that McDavid is the NHL's new shiny toy. I've noticed he's gotten significantly less coverage since 2015.

Maybe its just me.
Cups in 016 and 17 with back to back Conn Smythes trophies kept Sid in the conversation and top of the heap.

I live in leaf country where they are comparing Marner to Gretzky !! I kid you not

Last edited:
Reactions: jaffy27

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Looks like Seattle will end up getting their franchise. The BOG voted today if they accept to give Seattle their own expansion franchise.

And the NHL announced a press conference for noon. Will surely be to announce the 32nd franchise.

Also, a good chance Arizona will move from the Pacific to the Central Division to make room for Seattle in the Pacific. The TSN crew (LeBrun, Dreger, and Seravalli) said that although Arizona didn't comment, apparently they're not thrilled with that.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Looks like Seattle will end up getting their franchise. The BOG voted today if they accept to give Seattle their own expansion franchise.

And the NHL announced a press conference for noon. Will surely be to announce the 32nd franchise.

Also, a good chance Arizona will move from the Pacific to the Central Division to make room for Seattle in the Pacific. The TSN crew (LeBrun, Dreger, and Seravalli) said that although Arizona didn't comment, apparently they're not thrilled with that.

This means there's a higher possibility Quebec gets the next relocation unless Kansas steps in

In the end, Quebec might get the Panthers and Kansas might get the Yotes

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
This means there's a higher possibility Quebec gets the next relocation unless Kansas steps in

In the end, Quebec might get the Panthers and Kansas might get the Yotes

I put my money on Houston on any possible Coyotes move.

And I'd be all for Panthers moving to Quebec.

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014

Because they're going to get slaughtered on a nightly basis. At least the Pacific is a weak division right now

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Next will be the expansion to 34, and eventually to 36 teams. I'm looking forward to teams in Houston, Kansas City, Quebec City, and San Francisco.

Suggested names:

Houston Global Warmers
Kansas City Arks
Quebec City Beaver Killers
San Francisco Techbros

Reactions: jaffy27

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Players of note Montreal has under contract (or are RFAs and would likely be under contract) for the expansion draft:

F:
Drouin
Shaw
Byron
Domi (likely re-signed)
Lehkonen (likely re-signed)
Kotkaniemi (RFA)

(Gallagher, Danault and Tatar will all be UFAs)

D:
Weber
Juulsen (likely re-signed)
Mete (likely re-signed)
Alzner (good exposure candidate)

Petry will be UFA)

G:
Price (NMC)

Lots of flexibility for the expansion draft for Montreal right now. Good position to make the most of it if they can stock up on futures.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Next will be the expansion to 34, and eventually to 36 teams. I'm looking forward to teams in Houston, Kansas City, Quebec City, and San Francisco.

Suggested names:

Houston Global Warmers
Kansas City Arks
Quebec City Beaver Killers
San Francisco Techbros

I was thinking more along the lines of....

Les “Pedal’eau” de Québec
The Houston Transfats
The KC Wrong State
The San Francisco Rock

Last edited:
Reactions: DAChampion

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

DtlxvQDVAAARI94.jpg

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Next lockout I won't be wasting as much time here as I did last lockout.

But I will be vindicated. The owners got "50/50" and now they're going to push for even more.

Mamy of you guys told me that the owners would stop when they got 50/50, as they would then have fairness.

Reactions: WhiskeySeven*

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Next lockout I won't be wasting as much time here as I did last lockout.

But I will be vindicated. The owners got "50/50" and now they're going to push for even more.

Mamy of you guys told me that the owners would stop when they got 50/50, as they would then have fairness.

I don't think capspace would be much of an issue. Right now there's 13 teams with more than $7M of free cap space. Players can ask for much if they want, but there's tons available right now.

I think the battlefield for the players will be to put a lot less money in the escrow, a rectification for either taxes or Canadian money vs American. They will also ask to go to the Olympics and more breaks during the season.

For the owners, i think they will fight to death against guaranteed contracts or at least to have some out clause.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Florida should move to Miami.

They can barely support baseball. It was also a hassle just to get them a soccer team. Imagine that, with such a big Latino community.

Moving to Miami won’t do anything for the Panthers.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Is Dahlin contributing to Buffalo's emergence, or is he just looking good here and there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad