Out of Town Thread Part XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
At this point I hope Bergy is trading to swing a deal or make an offer sheet. I can see Laine loving the move to Montreal. The city is better, the team's core matches with his age and there are several finns here. At worst Bergevin is forcing Winnipeg's hand in terms of their cap space. If he wants to walk the talk of improving this team, offer sheeting Laine is a good chance to prove it.

I don't see it happening. Offer sheet jets match if he will even sign one.

If they trade him they will want a young stud RD as part of the package back. After Big Buff their RD is decimated with loss of Trouba/Myers.

Weber/petry are too old and
Julssen/Brook/Fleury are too young and unproven

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I was goofing around with player stats. Never realized what a f***ing monster Ovechkin is.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
The Canes beat the 2020 Stanley Cup winners, so I guess the cup is theirs now.

And the leafs won't make the playoffs.

Last edited:

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
This is business as usual for the Habs. Not the least bit surprising.

We all know that Marc Bergevin is going to do nothing but here we are with people fantasizing about acquiring the new flavour of the month Patrick Laine.

If I go all the way back to 2015 off the top of my head we had talks about getting Simmonds, Stamkos, Duchene, Tavares, Stastny, O’reilly, Stone, Karlsson, Duchene again and I’m sure I’m missing a bunch.

At this pace we will talk about every star player in the league hoping that one day Bergevin is able to wake up and acquire one of them.

It’s a waste of time...we are not getting a star player with this management team.

Last edited:

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
We all know that Marc Bergevin is going to do nothing but here we are with people fantasizing about acquiring the new flavour of the month Patrick Laine.

If I go all the way back to 2015 off the top of my head we had talks about getting Simmonds, Stamkos, Duchene, Tavares, Stastny, O’reilly, Stone, Karlsson, Duchene again and I’m sure I’m missing a bunch.

At this pace we will talk about every star player in the league hoping that one day Bergevin is able to wake up and acquire one of them.

It’s a waste of time...we are not getting a star player with this management team.

That's the point, isn't it? I believe it's not that players don't want to sign in Montreal, it's this version of the Habs that isn't attractive.

Should we catch up with the modern game, such as hiring a bona fide President and a GM who's not a mockery of that position, I suspect more UFAs would be interested in becoming Habs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Nikita Scherbak's salary cut by a third, by his Russian team.

Wait what? They can do that? They don't f*** around with mediocrity over there.

His coach, Bob Hartley, says that Scherbak has lost confidence in himself.

So, to help him gain his confidence, they cut his salary? Tough love. :sarcasm:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Leafs vs. Sens in Newfoundland and TSN's Mark Masters has to kiss a cod?

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
I don't see it happening. Offer sheet jets match if he will even sign one.

If they trade him they will want a young stud RD as part of the package back. After Big Buff their RD is decimated with loss of Trouba/Myers.

Weber/petry are too old and
Julssen/Brook/Fleury are too young and unproven

Considering two of their top player, Byfuglien and Wheeler are over 30, they are very much in a win now mode. There's no reason to believe they would not want Weber/Petry because of their age.

But anytime you trade a young star you'll want a good prospect/pick in return. So Weber + pick/prospect makes a lot of sense, especially if we retain 1-2m on Weber.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

MB is working the phones inquiring about Antonio Brown.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Not a good news for the Jets…...after losing Trouba, Myers and Chiarot on D…..this is bad.

But hey, this is why you don't spend 5-6 years of rebuilding a team in this age cause you might end up with only 2-3 years of great hockey. The league change too fast these days and so many things are out of the control of the team…..

Reactions: Miller Time

Kotkaniemi15

Sep 18, 2018
Montreal
Winnipeg is a mess right now.

They lost Chiarot, Myers and Tanev.

They traded Trouba for a really underwhelming return.

Laine and Connor are still unsigned with Laine making bad comments.

Byfuglien is considering retirement.

I’m glad we’re not Winnipeg.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
There's surely something I don't know that it took till Mid-September for a NHl team to give another chance to Ben Hutton. Kid would have deserved a chance much earlier than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad