Out of Town Thread Part XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Could you imagine the Habs with a better 2009-2010-2011-2013-2014 first round pick?

Timmins screwed us for a far too long period of time.

Yeah well 2015 1st round is close to what 2003 was. 3 1st rounders for them could have make their team significantly better if drafted wisely. That's what I want this management to do. You do not need 15 picks most of them after the 4th round to succeed. You need top end prospects. 3 1st rounders will always beat 20 picks from the 5th round to the 7th....

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
They passed on Barzal and Chabot if I'm not mistaken, right?

DeBrusk, Barzal, and Chabot. Imagine that draft! Adding Chabot to McAvoy and Carlo.

Barzal, Chabot, Boeser, Connor. Insane top 20. Was never convinced of Zboril. Had no idea how Senyshyn was suddenly a 1st rounder. DeBrusk was a reach...but it kinda made sense for them. End result...DeBrusk made sense.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Damn I was really hoping we would OS Chabot

People will laugh, but i will go on record as saying the Sens will make the playoffs this year. I will also go on record as saying i like their core (and prospects) better than ours. Chabot, Branstrom, Tkachuk, White, Batherson, Norris, Tierney, L. Brown, Formenton, Thomson, Sogard....despite their idiotic owner, talk of their demise is overblown.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
People will laugh, but i will go on record as saying the Sens will make the playoffs this year. I will also go on record as saying i like their core (and prospects) better than ours. Chabot, Branstrom, Tkachuk, White, Batherson, Norris, Tierney, L. Brown, Formenton, Thomson, Sogard....despite their idiotic owner, talk of their demise is overblown.

Not going to happen. They will be one of the worst teams in the league again.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Not going to happen. They will be one of the worst teams in the league again.

With a new (and better) coaching staff, less off ice player related distractions, and their young players taking another step forward, they'll be right in the thick of it.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
With a new (and better) coaching staff, less off ice player related distractions, and their young players taking another step forward, they'll be right in the thick of it.

There will be more than enough off-ice distractions based on Melnyk's track record. I'm not sure they have the vets to bring it all together for the playoffs. Lots of great young players though. I do think playoffs are out of the picture for them this year, but I don't think they should be underestimated through the regular season.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
To go from 64 pts to 98... That's a huge leap!
Ain't saying you're wrong. Maybe they'll get better. But it might be in steps...

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John

I think you're way off. They don't have a good team.

But hey, if you are a gambling man (like me) and that confident then I'd put down some $$$ on the Sens making the playoffs. If by some miracle it happens, you'll make some coin.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012

Good one

Reactions: Devonator

stanley25

Jun 15, 2009
Savage

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190919-114647_Chrome.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190919-114647_Chrome.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 6

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I wouldn't give Domi. Include Drouin and Suzuki. Give a 1st obviously. Give another prospect like Ylonen. But don't give up another guy who's heart is REALLY in Montreal. We keep whining about people who don't like playing here and won't come...and then you trade Domi?
Of course I'd do everything I could not to trade him. I'd much rather part with Drouin +++ (Though I think it's an overpayment to give him AND Suzuki)

But you have to give to get. So if it came down to it, I'd have to give them Domi for Laine. Laine's just too talented to pass up.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I love bold, off-the-map predictions. I don't see what you see, but kudos for going against the grain!

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Yeah well 2015 1st round is close to what 2003 was. 3 1st rounders for them could have make their team significantly better if drafted wisely. That's what I want this management to do. You do not need 15 picks most of them after the 4th round to succeed. You need top end prospects. 3 1st rounders will always beat 20 picks from the 5th round to the 7th....
I am totally down with this. Since Bergevin can't seem to sign a single quality player, may as well go in the other direction and trade his own quality vets for 1st-round picks. The season won't end well if the roster's filled with undercooked rookies, but next summer will be amazing when we march into the draft with extra high-end picks.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Every year there's at least 1 case like this...

Likely had better offers earlier but either waited too long or was too picky on where he didn't want to play.

Yet another late UFA signing that highlights how poorly MB did with contracts this offseason, overpaying on 3 of his 4 signings (arguably all 4, especially if lingren or Primeau outplay Kinkaid).

3 for sure unless the idea is to let the season slide. :dunno:
I don't have a problem with Kincaid we'll find out soon enough he isn't CP.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I would trade Domi for Laine. The upside is way too good on the other side not to do it.

I'm afraid I would end up disliking Laine for the same reasons I ended up disliking Patch. Not only that Laine wouldn't get any benefit of the doubt like Patch did. I really want players who do more than just score in random bunches.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
That's the way it looks from the outside. Hard to imagine Laine reconciling with Maurice and his teammates after so many ugly words. Safe bet they're fielding offers and any day now a trade-bomb will explode.

could you imagine this type of situation in Montreal??

(Habs player X) skips training camp....demands to be on first line....and not happy with the money offered....

Man there would be a definite trade coming for sure ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad