Out of Town Thread Part XXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I'm afraid I would end up disliking Laine for the same reasons I ended up disliking Patch. Not only that Laine wouldn't get any benefit of the doubt like Patch did. I really want players who do more than just score in random bunches.

I would welcome Laine here in a heart beat....but i dunno if he'd feel the same ....

Our first line???? would he be happy on it?

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
That's the way it looks from the outside. Hard to imagine Laine reconciling with Maurice and his teammates after so many ugly words. Safe bet they're fielding offers and any day now a trade-bomb will explode.
Hopefully we come out of that trade bomb having made the best offer

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
Ouf!

Good for Chabot and I genuinely wish him the best, but that's a really large commitment for such a young player.

In a few years there are going teams stuck with incredibly long and expensive contracts if they don't pan out.

Seeing that Sportsnet and TVA are having a hard time profiting from their deal with the NHL, there's going to be a lot of pain ahead in the next few years if the cap stops growing

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Of course I'd do everything I could not to trade him. I'd much rather part with Drouin +++ (Though I think it's an overpayment to give him AND Suzuki)

But you have to give to get. So if it came down to it, I'd have to give them Domi for Laine. Laine's just too talented to pass up.
Talking about Drouin and Laine makes me think of the Island of Misfit Toys.

Laine's the guy on the right with the pasty complexion. I'd be fine trading him for the airplane whose wings fall off in March.
islandofmisfittoys.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: cphabs

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
We all know that Marc Bergevin is going to do nothing but here we are with people fantasizing about acquiring the new flavour of the month Patrick Laine.

If I go all the way back to 2015 off the top of my head we had talks about getting Simmonds, Stamkos, Duchene, Tavares, Stastny, O’reilly, Stone, Karlsson, Duchene again and I’m sure I’m missing a bunch.

At this pace we will talk about every star player in the league hoping that one day Bergevin is able to wake up and acquire one of them.

It’s a waste of time...we are not getting a star player with this management team.
Okay, so let's archive this board and start a Dungeons & Dragons chatroom. Seriously, I doubt any of us would bet a dime on us acquiring Laine, but while his fate hangs in the balance, we're going to do what every fan who ever lived has always done: fantasize about the near-impossible.

So yeah, expect us to continue playing these hopeful what-if games with every single star player who remains unsigned for longer than 30 seconds. The alternative is to spend less time on this board and more time working, which is a fate I don't even want to contemplate...

Reactions: habsfan891
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad