Out of Town thread. Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Habs are paying Weber 6 milion in actual salary this season ...Nashville is paying Subban 10 million cash

If Subban is on the block already(after 3 seasons ) in Nashville, what does that say...

Nothing. That was 3 years ago when Subban’s trade value was at a peak. We got older, instead of cashing in on a bundle. What a horrible argument. You’re using hindsight which any manager can use, and even then it doesn’t work in your favour regardless on one down season. What do you think the value of Weber was when he was completely out of commission for an entire year given his age?

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

When is someone going to wear a jock strap cup where people usually place pocket squares on a suit? :sarcasm:

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Clarity of vision & guts to follow it...

One day we'll get leadership like that, I hope.

What he's doing is a disgrace. Decent chance it fails too if prospects & draft picks fall short of projected impact. Really hope it does too because these super tanks make me sick. Rangers fans should riot over it, they will be spending huge $$$ to watch a sucky team for years.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
What he's doing is a disgrace. Decent chance it fails too if prospects & draft picks fall short of projected impact. Really hope it does too because these super tanks make me sick. Rangers fans should riot over it, they will be spending huge $$$ to watch a sucky team for years.

Would love to see this post revisited in 12 & 24 months...

Reactions: bsl

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Are you serious ? Would it be better if they sucked and wasted assests while doing so ? They lost their franchise player, Lundqvist is done, they have no real replacement for that type of player. Hockey is a business and it has nothing to do about your feelings as a fan.
They put out a statement saying that they were in rebuilding years, like official and all, so if fans didn't want to spend money, they did not have to.

Top it all off with you saying these players may not even pan out ????? Lol.

Kaapo Kakko is literally one of the best prospect, ever. He would instantly become our best forward since AT LEAST Kovalev.
Filip Chytil is 19 and just put up a 30 points season
Lias Andersson
Vitali Kravtsov just lead the KHL in u20 points.
K'andre Miller just lead his team in points in the NCAA, at 18 years of age.

And they have even more picks and prospect.

Add in that he's been adding key players like Jacob Trouba, Brendan Lemieux and Brett Howden and I'm pretty sure they'll be competing way before the Habs will.

Also, theres the fact that Kreider is looking at a pay raise starting this year, he'll get 6 millions+ so why even bother signing him ? He's not worth that and a guy like Howden, Kravtsov or Chytil can easily replace his production. Buchnevich and Vesey are also looking at a pay raise and theyre just not worth it.

He's not falling in love with his role player and thats good GM'ing. I know were not used to seeing that here with the four millions to Byron, Shaw, Bouillon, Desharnais, Darche and WTV, but thats good Gm'ing.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that Gorton is the best GM in the game and that his team will compete for the cup in a year or two, max.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Are you serious ? Would it be better if they sucked and wasted assests while doing so ? They lost their franchise player, Lundqvist is done, they have no real replacement for that type of player. Hockey is a business and it has nothing to do about your feelings as a fan.
They put out a statement saying that they were in rebuilding years, like official and all, so if fans didn't want to spend money, they did not have to.

Top it all off with you saying these players may not even pan out ????? Lol.

Kaapo Kakko is literally one of the best prospect, ever. He would instantly become our best forward since AT LEAST Kovalev.
Filip Chytil is 19 and just put up a 30 points season
Lias Andersson
Vitali Kravtsov just lead the KHL in u20 points.
K'andre Miller just lead his team in points in the NCAA, at 18 years of age.

And they have even more picks and prospect.

Add in that he's been adding key players like Jacob Trouba, Brendan Lemieux and Brett Howden and I'm pretty sure they'll be competing way before the Habs will.

Also, theres the fact that Kreider is looking at a pay raise starting this year, he'll get 6 millions+ so why even bother signing him ? He's not worth that and a guy like Howden, Kravtsov or Chytil can easily replace his production. Buchnevich and Vesey are also looking at a pay raise and theyre just not worth it.

He's not falling in love with his role player and thats good GM'ing. I know were not used to seeing that here with the four millions to Byron, Shaw, Bouillon, Desharnais, Darche and WTV, but thats good Gm'ing.

I'll go out on a limb here and say that Gorton is the best GM in the game and that his team will compete for the cup in a year or two, max.
They said the same thing about the Flyers....still waiting on that

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

They ? As in annoying ass Flyers fans ?

I don't see how the Flyers work here, they never decided "welp, we wont win with those guys so lets overhaul." They said Richards is done and so is Carter because we have replacements coming in (Giroux), they moved Richards and Carter for scraps and they got destroyed by trying to sign players that were not worth it.

When Pronger went down is when they should've decided to blow it up, but instead theyre in limbo forever now, with the Habs and the Wild.

Bad example, really, Holmgren was a horrible GM.

For people stuck in a traffic jam Plekanec finished 7th for the selke in 2014. He still was not a 1st line center.

And he routinely outscored Danault by 30 points while playing with Darche and Moen. He didn't need Gallagher and Tatar.

I won't waste time doing that, you can do that yourself... but if you only want one link, just go see all of Mrb1p posts about him... hating a player is wanting to trade him for no reason, replace him with rookies or believing he's a cap dump in trades... yep, he's hated.

None of that is hating, and I never said Danault was a cap dump, I believe he has really good value and that his value on the market is superior to the difference between him and the centers available to replace him.

No reasons to trade him ? Same as Petry. There's a logjam of talent that NEEDS to play, I highlighted the word, and Danault (And Petry.) will both want huge pay raises, that they do not deserve because they are both played over their heads. (Danault being a 3A type played as a 1C, and Petry a #3 played as a 1D.) Both will command more than 6 millions and theyre just not worth it, especially when you consider that Kotkaniemi/Poehling and Brook/Juulsen/Fleury are about ripe for prime time. Thats a good enough reason to trade him.

Reactions: bsl and LaP

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Ccncerns aboyt a parade in Boston were overblown. I didn't expect them to get past the Leafs. Moreover, they didn't have to face the Caps. I didn't realize that the Blues were so formidable.

They won't get that far in 2020. Their center position will fade as soon as 2020. By that time Bergeron will be 35 years old and Chara may have retired.

Last edited:

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Jarmo knew enough about Pulju to stay away, despite his high ranking and despite the fact that he is a countryman.

What did Jarmo know? Maybe what we're seeing now, as Pulju's value continues to plummet.
I still recall the articles that said Jesse was more of a power forward than Patrik Laine and the possibility of the Jets selecting him over Patrik.

Almost everyone was expecting the Blue Jackets to pick Jesse and jaws dropped when they chose Pierre Luc Dubois instead. The shocked Oilers GM Peter Chiarelli quickly composed himself, and instead of perhaps calling a time-out to receive offers for Jesse, Peter practically jogged to the podium fearing the Blue Jackets might change their mind.

Reactions: bsl and Runner77

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

The Flyers build their teams similar to the way we do. Their impatient. They make moves and sign players to try and speed things up. They’ve never done what New York has done.

WickedPegJets

Feb 12, 2017
Pierre Macguire really believes when Mitch Marner gets offer-sheeted, the Leafs will accept the four first round draft picks of the offering NHL club.

Marner isn't about to give the Leafs a home discount and considering he led the team in scoring the past two seasons, his agent is seeking an Auston Matthews type $11.5 M AAV contract. With next week being the opportune time for offer-sheets and with Dubas still shackled with cap stifling contracts pertaining to Marleau, Zaitsev (sp) and Kadri, Mariners' days as a Leaf are numbered.

Jul 6, 2016
Pierre Macguire really believes when Mitch Marner gets offer-sheeted, the Leafs will accept the four first round draft picks of the offering NHL club.

Marner isn't about to give the Leafs a home discount and considering he led the team in scoring the past two seasons, his agent is seeking an Auston Matthews' $11.5 M AAV contract. With next week being the opportune time for offer-sheets and with Dubas still shackled with cap stifling contracts pertaining to Marleau, Zeitsev (sp) and Kadri, Mariners' days as a Leaf are numbered.

Jul 6, 2016

Marner isn't about to give the Leafs a home discount and considering he led the team in scoring the past two seasons, his agent is seeking an Auston Matthews' $11.5 M AAV contract. With next week being the opportune time for offer-sheets and with Dubas still shackled with cap stifling contracts pertaining to Marleau, Zeitsev (sp) and Kadri, Mariners' days as a Leaf are numbered.

Dubas will find a way to get rid of all of them + Gardiner is gone too. Plenty of cash to give Marner a huge contract.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004

Marner isn't about to give the Leafs a home discount and considering he led the team in scoring the past two seasons, his agent is seeking an Auston Matthews type $11.5 M AAV contract. With next week being the opportune time for offer-sheets and with Dubas still shackled with cap stifling contracts pertaining to Marleau, Zaitsev (sp) and Kadri, Mariners' days as a Leaf are numbered.
Would be interesting too if Marner didn't get an offer sheet.

The pressure on the Leafs to cave in or trade him would be a lot more than it was for Nylander.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016

Thing is if the team is one that projects to be competitive those 4 picks from 20 down don’t really help much. I think you need at least two of them to be top 10. If they are all 15-32 Iran pretty underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad