Out of Town thread. Part XX

Status
Not open for further replies.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Didn’t realize Muzzin’s dad was a hockey writer. I’m an open minded guy, but there is absolutely no argument, that is grounded in reality, for him being the 3rd best D in the league last year.

Exactly why a bunch of reporters were ever given the authority to determine the winners of these awards remains a mystery. Same stuff happens in the NBA. A coach or peer-voted system, regardless of their pitfall(s), would make way more sense.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
Give money to Superstars, the ones that make you win Championships and attract people in the stands. Is Hayes that kind of player ?

Meh.. not defending Hayes's deal but what you said can be said to any players.. until they win a cup.

Ovechkin was a loser. Kuznetsov is like any other russians. Eller is garbage. Tarasenko is like Kuznetsov. Maroon is garbage. Perron is garbage. Boumeester is a definition of a loser. And what about O'Reilly, the Conn Smythe winner, who apparently stopped playing after getting paid. All kind of players that nobody thought would be a good enough to win a stanley cup but every years, there's always some that show people wrong.

I don't believe the theory that one player is not a winner, or not a type of player you win with. I don't like Drouin but I think if he plays in a good environment, he can contribute to any team to win the SC. Exactly like what Perron did. 5 differents teams in like 5 years. Nobody wanted him. His reputation wasn't the best and yet he proved to St. Louis and anyone else that he can play like a winner too.

Again, not defending Hayes, or saying that I would take him at 7M$.. just arguing that fact that we shouldn't pencil a player as a "not a player you win championship with". Hayes could very well contribute in own way to a SC championship.

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
Hard to believe, Wayne Simmonds beats Weber for the Messier leadership award this season. It's okay Weber, your name will always be associated with Simmonds as the ultimate leader in the NHL.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Who's the kid?

His mother passed away earlier this year. And before she passed, she was trying to arrange a meeting between her son and his favorite player, Carey.

She passed away before she can set the meeting up. But I believe his uncle took charge and arranged a meeting that lead to this moment after one of Habs' practices on the road:

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head
I like Shaw and his intangibles but I think he had a career year I’d rather not give a second up like we actually did for shaw. We coulda maybe had DeBrincat.
To be honest, I have no clue what Bergevin is gonna do. He knows he’s on the hot seat.

Pulju suck, his value is less than a 3rd round pick.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
What’s with all the talk of trades, awards, Selke votes and Price showing us he’s a class guy? The BIGGEST news by far is we are finally getting a battle royale mode in a hockey video game. Add to this, Matthews will be on the cover.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I caught the NHL Awards midway through the show. But what I saw, was fun. This had to be one of the better NHL Awards in a long time.

Kenan Thompson was a very entertaining host with a lot of funny segments. And for me, the funniest part of the show were the segments between Tony Babcock in a segment with each of the Hart Trophy nominees. These two had the room laughing. We know how dull hockey players can be. You see and hear them laughing.

Not to mention, Robin Lehner's speech about battling mental illness was inspirational. "I'm not ashamed to say i'm mentally ill. But that doesn't mean I'm mentally weak."

And of course, the Carey Price segment was absolutely special.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Pulju suck, his value is less than a 3rd round pick.
We have so many 3rd line forwards it’s sickening
If and when Bergevin strikes out, he will have to maybe get a player like this who has so upside
Shaw, Byron, armia and leks are nice players but they have no upside at all. What you see is what you get now
Our top 2 lines lack talent and size

Reactions: bsl and Miller Time

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
We have so many 3rd line forwards it’s sickening
If and when Bergevin strikes out, he will have to maybe get a player like this who has so upside
Shaw, Byron, armia and leks are nice players but they have no upside at all. What you see is what you get now
Our top 2 lines lack talent and size
True. Even Danault, Tatar and Gallagher, all nice pieces, have little room to improve. They could, dont read me wrong. Will Drouin take next step? Kotka will have to avoid the dreaded sophomore slump and Poehling will have to step in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->