Not open for further replies.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
we'd be over

add Nurse Klefbom and Draisatsal to our salary cap today....lol
be some bigtime trouble eh?
Well I mean, in that world where Columbus doesn’t take Dubois and the trade goes through, we suddenly have our top-2 centres for the next decade+ with that one deal, we have no franchise RHD but we’re solid on the left side.

It’s just interesting to ponder and think of the “what if?” in this scenario where Edmonton doesn’t get their hands on Puljujarvi, Columbus doesn’t take Dubois #3 and the trade happens.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The reporters are trying to create some buzz around what will probably end up being a boring 1st round draft show. I have taken the bait way too many times from draft day and trade deadline show hype that turns out to be nothing.

But ... but ... they're going to be offer-sheeting this year!

And several picks are available for trade! (subject to a list of impossible to meet conditions, as per usual)

And some teams will trade at the draft so as not to risk losing a key asset at the expansion draft!

Oh, and the cap is going to settle at $82M and too many teams are in cap trouble!

And picks 15-50 could be interchanged, there is so much volatility!

Hudon -- draft day trade bait!!! (will any GM even notice?)

Bergevin is going to move up (Boldy!)! No, he's going to move down (Lassi! Poulin!) Oh wait ... he's trading it for a first rounder next year cause the draft is being held in Montreal!!!

Don't forget the highly imaginative and poignant preambles from the podium!!!

We'd like to congratulate the St-Louis Blues on winning the Stanley Cup. Also we'd like to thank the city of Vancouver for their hospitality. Finally, we're all millionaires and billionaires, we can buy the same type of hospitality in any city we visit.

When the Oil pick, I'm going to have a chart next to my TV set to check out how much the owner's son has grown!

Oh, don't forget the draft day drinking game!

And booing Gary!!!

So much fun, I tells ya!!!!

Reactions: OldCraig71

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Point is Hayes doesn't worth that. Higher cap or not. Give money to superstars. No problem. But to a guy like Hayes, come on !

7 millions today is the same "cap money" (roughly 9% of the cap) as 5 millions 9 years ago . That's just how it work.

Reactions: Tighthead

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
The Draisatl deal was never an option. It was Hall plus 4th, mb rejected

Habs are paying Weber 6 milion in actual salary this season ...Nashville is paying Subban 10 million cash

If Subban is on the block already(after 3 seasons ) in Nashville, what does that say...

Reactions: the

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
7 millions today is the same "cap money" (roughly 9% of the cap) as 5 millions 9 years ago . That's just how it work.
Thx for posting this
People need to understand that the average salary is close to 4 million now.
The cap increases so do salaries

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
i bet it be different if he was drafted a Habs....Habs never destroyed Gally27's career ,coming in at 18 or Kotkanemi ,Habs managed both right etc...

Oilers screwed that up ...JP 18 yrs old..couldnt speak a lick of english..and toxic waste dump there from day 1 when he arrived

Nothing to do with what the Habs did with Galchenyuk as the latter did a lot of stuff to himself and has a toxic family problem that is well documented. He remains a supremely talented player that allowed the Habs to fetch Domi.

Galchenyuk never reached the depths that Pulju is at. The Oil is willing to take a third liner for him? This is not a developmental issue at this point. If it were, the Oil would be asking for a lot more and blame it all on how he was handled.

Jul 6, 2016

Give money to Superstars, the ones that make you win Championships and attract people in the stands. Is Hayes that kind of player ?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Nothing to do with what the Habs did with Galchenyuk as the latter did a lot of stuff to himself and has a toxic family problem that is well documented. He remains a supremely talented player that allowed the Habs to fetch Domi.

Galchenyuk never reached the depths that Pulju is at. The Oil is willing to take a third liner for him? This is not a developmental issue at this point. If it were, the Oil would be asking for a lot more and blame it all on how he was handled.

Gally27 left Montreal with a career,and is a good player....if he was drafted by Oilers? i bet the outcome would have been much different

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

What would also be interesting to find out is what kind of player you got for $5 million 9 years ago. Has there been a linear distribution of the cap money or are the better players grabbing a bigger piece of the pie today?

Reactions: Fenris

Jul 6, 2016
Thx for posting this
People need to understand that the average salary is close to 4 million now.
The cap increases so do salaries

In baseball, basketball and football, they give the big money to superstars, not average players.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Gally27 left Montreal with a career,and is a good player....if he was drafted by Oilers? i bet the outcome would have been much different

We'll never know. Doing hypotheticals can lead to a lot of outcomes.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
What would also be interesting to find out is what kind of player you got for $5 million 9 years ago. Has there been a linear distribution of the cap money or are the better players grabbing a bigger piece of the pie today?

Plekanec.

Reactions: Runner77

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
We'll never know. Doing hypotheticals can lead to a lot of outcomes.

Runner, you remember when the Habs won the Cup in 2010, and Darche scored the overtime winner .....like Bob said expect the unexpected...even when things sound like they are made up....;)

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
But ... but ... they're going to be offer-sheeting this year!

And several picks are available for trade! (subject to a list of impossible to meet conditions, as per usual)

And some teams will trade at the draft so as not to risk losing a key asset at the expansion draft!

Oh, and the cap is going to settle at $82M and too many teams are in cap trouble!

And picks 15-50 could be interchanged, there is so much volatility!

Hudon -- draft day trade bait!!! (will any GM even notice?)

Bergevin is going to move up (Boldy!)! No, he's going to move down (Lassi! Poulin!) Oh wait ... he's trading it for a first rounder next year cause the draft is being held in Montreal!!!

Don't forget the highly imaginative and poignant preambles from the podium!!!

We'd like to congratulate the St-Louis Blues on winning the Stanley Cup. Also we'd like to thank the city of Vancouver for their hospitality. Finally, we're all millionaires and billionaires, we can buy the same type of hospitality in any city we visit.

When the Oil pick, I'm going to have a chart next to my TV set to check out how much the owner's son has grown!

Oh, don't forget the draft day drinking game!

And booing Gary!!!

So much fun, I tells ya!!!!
Runner be spittin verse. Its all so predictable in the boring show that is the NHL. Not exciting, not cool just awkward and dull.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Runner, you remember when the Habs won the Cup in 2010, and Darche scored the overtime winner .....like Bob said expect the unexpected...even when things sound like they are made up....;)

I would only believe it if David Pagnotta reported it. :laugh:

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
In baseball, basketball and football, they give the big money to superstars, not average players.
Sorry. You’re wrong. MLB, NFL and NBA Throw money out like it’s going out of style.
Bench players in the NBA make 8-10 million
NFL free agency was the most expensive ever and not one superstar was available
MLB. Macahdo and Harper 300 million???
Cmon man
Randal Grichuk 50 million for proving nothing.

Reactions: Tighthead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad