HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Zadorov has asked for a trade. I like that big SOB
We should give Flames a defensive QB in return... Chris Wideman. They will have to sweeten the deal though.

But I am pretty sure Kent does not want to mortgage da future. What are they asking for Zadorov anyway?

Reactions: Runner77

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
We should give Flames a defensive QB in return... Chris Wideman. They will have to sweeten the deal though.

But I am pretty sure Kent does not want to mortgage da future. What are they asking for Zadorov anyway?
Zadorov came out after the game and requested a trade. I assume Calgary is still somewhat shocked and haven't responded in any way.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Really, you'd rather get another 6th overall or whatever in 2025?

I think that 2024 should end the rebuild. That's three years in a row. Plus Dach is coming back next year, plus Calgary's pick might be amazing.
The rebuild is just starting... if you can even call it rebuild.
Except for Suzuki and Caufield, all our best players at the moment are at their prime or past their prime.
Except for Joshua Roy, there is no decent youngsters coming up.
And until they draft at least one player in the NHL producing, it's safe to call the scouting team the worst in the NHL.
So yeah, rebuild is just starting (2 years and still no impact player) and will take 4-5 years before we are competitive and aim for a playoff spot.

Reactions: atrud66

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
The rebuild is just starting... if you can even call it rebuild.
Except for Suzuki and Caufield, all our best players at the moment are at their prime or past their prime.
Except for Joshua Roy, there is no decent youngsters coming up.
And until they draft at least one player in the NHL producing, it's safe to call the scouting team the worst in the NHL.
So yeah, rebuild is just starting (2 years and still no impact player) and will take 4-5 years before we are competitive and aim for a playoff spot.

If that's what you think then we need to trade Suzuki and Caufield and Guhle. They are too old and on contracts that don't fit this kind of timeline.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Zadorov would be a nice add in that he's a big, mean dman with a big shot.

However, he might get 4 mill per year for 4, or 5, maybe 6 years. That's an anchor contract from the second it's signed.

If you can get him for 2.5ish that would be fair and a good deal

Reactions: Runner77 and Tyson

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
27 years ago, probably the most memorable goalie fight in NHL history. Felix Potvin was one tough customer, took Hextall by surprise.

I remember watching that game. I would have bet the house that Hextall was gonna give Potvin a beat down. Great fight!

Reactions: Runner77

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
See what a decade of tanking get you. The oilers and sabres. Almost time for another decade of darkness in Edmonton.

I get what you are saying. Some people assume that it's automatic to get yourself into contendership after a few years of "tanking". The reality is that there is no certainty in the outcome, and some teams are left in perpetual losing.

However, the Edmonton case is exceptional, because they inherited an exceptional player. The level of incompetence it takes to not be able to build a legitimately contending team 8 years into this window would be unimaginable if the oilers never existed.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
If that's what you think then we need to trade Suzuki and Caufield and Guhle. They are too old and on contracts that don't fit this kind of timeline.
If the right offer comes along, definitely an option to look at. And before people freak out, I am not saying trade them at all cost. However if the right offer comes along, we should do it.
For example if a team offers a grade A forward prospect (with PPG potential) for Guhle, I would do in a heartbeat.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Is it Woodcroft’s fault? I don’t think so.

And what happens if they fire him and still suck? Id make roster changes first, then if that doesn’t work I’d look at the coach. He can’t ‘coach’ Campbell into being Carey Price… I mean what’s the guy supposed to do?

The main fault lies in their managementof the last eight years.

Woodcroft brought in certain changes this year that were designed for the oilers to shut teams down, rather than outscore their problems. That is the right approach in theory, because as the competition gets stiffer, you can't outscore your problems anymore.

However, it's clear that the team has not responded well to what he's trying to sell, and if he's lost the room, the coach has to go whether it's fair or not.

It's not just bad goaltending. They are not doing any favours infront of them either.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
What has happened to Huberdeau? He is so ineffective
Not allowed to drive his Lambo in the snow. ;)

Vegas twitter poll tonight:

Vegas Golden Knights
@GoldenKnights
first intermission poll do you put sauce directly on your fries or is the sauce on the side for dipping?
Sauce on (poutine). Gravy on the side for regular order of fries.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Zadorov is a plug at best and a guy like him asking out with like 5 months before free agency just show what a shitshow the Flames are. Big yikes

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Zadorov is a plug at best and a guy like him asking out with like 5 months before free agency just show what a shitshow the Flames are. Big yikes
Hard to blame him when you look at the contract Gavrikov just got though. I don't think he's great but he's probably playing the best hockey of his career right now and playing on the 3rd pair on a bad team could potentially cost him life-changing money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad