HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I jokingly thought he’d struggle and fizzle in Chicago given how trash that team is.

Guess the joke’s on me.
Bedard going to be one of all time greats ever. He's on pace for 56 goals as 18 year old. Bedard Up there with Gretzky, Rocket, etc... Habs biggest mistake ever was patching it up just enough to miss out on him. Why I was such an advocate on trading Anderson, Savard, Allen a year ago. Acquiring extra three first besides. Plus free up 13 million in caproom

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Bedard going to be one of all time greats ever. He's on pace for 56 goals as 18 year old. Bedard Up there with Gretzky, Rocket, etc... Habs biggest mistake ever was patching it up just enough to miss out on him. Why I was such an advocate on trading Anderson, Savard, Allen a year ago. Acquiring extra three first besides. Plus free up 13 million in caproom
Habs had 8.5% chance of winning 1st oa last draft. Chicago won it with 13.5%. You are complaining about a measly 5% difference in lottery odds.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Scummy Blackhawks are living the life. Having Bedard light it up and on their way to another high draft pick. That's how you rebuild.

Yep, cover up multiple degrees of rape by a video coach. Have 0 punishment for it (thank god they didn't mess up a NTC,) and then win the lottery with the 3rd best odds the same year a generational talent is available.

Totally a sustainable rebuild model.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Yep, cover up multiple degrees of rape by a video coach. Have 0 punishment for it (thank god they didn't mess up a NTC,) and then win the lottery with the 3rd best odds the same year a generational talent is available.

Totally a sustainable rebuild model.
There's a reason I called them scummy. Everyone and their grandmother knows they're a trash franchise so don't pretend that's what I was referring to as a model for success.

What they did do right is tank for the generational talent and are now losing games despite him producing very well so that they can continue expanding their core. They also insulated him well with mediocre veteran leadership so that he's guided but the vets don't produce too much.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I can’t believe that the Stars are that good and still have Stankoven and Bourque in the AHL.
They run a solid organization. They are not rushing Bourque who is playing his 2nd full season in the AHL and Stankhoven has played 12 AHL games.
Deep organization

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I can’t believe that the Stars are that good and still have Stankoven and Bourque in the AHL.
One good draft turned them from Minnesota to contenders long term. Robertson, heiskanen and otter whatever are their key guys, everyone else just has to play a supporting role which creates a much better environment for development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille