HF Habs: Out of Town Thread: Off-Season Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
What has happened to Huberdeau? He is so ineffective
When Calgary signed him to that ridiculous contract,I was so happy as there were rumours the habs were starting up the Brinks truck and giving him a blank cheque to sign here long term.Was never a fan of this payer. Too uninspiring and unappealing.

Reactions: jrom and Tyson

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Nobody wanted the win in OT and shootout between Leafs and CGY
CGY was just a tad more terrible.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Hubie flubbed two gimme passes in that last minute. Deflates the hell out of the bench when they can’t count on you for that
And his shootout attempt was weak too.
Kadri was not good as well. Very low percentage shot in ot and a pretty average shootout attempt.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
Will be 28 to start next year. Will get an 8 year contract which will bring him to 35.

So you have to ask yourself how good he'll be for the first 4 years (28-31) and the last 4 years (32-35), and is it worth giving him 10M + per year for all 8 of those years.
What’s the youngest a player can become a ufa - 25?

Point it’s almost impossible to sign a star ufa at a 25,26,27 as they are rarely available

28 is a perfectly fine age to sign a great player like Nylander to an expensive 7 year contract . He’s been also pretty durable as well

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Will be 28 to start next year. Will get an 8 year contract which will bring him to 35.

So you have to ask yourself how good he'll be for the first 4 years (28-31) and the last 4 years (32-35), and is it worth giving him 10M + per year for all 8 of those years.
Only the leafs can give him 8 years assuming no trade. 10x7 is worth the risk.

Chili

What wind blew you hither?
Jun 10, 2004
Vegas twitter poll tonight:

Vegas Golden Knights
@GoldenKnights
first intermission poll do you put sauce directly on your fries or is the sauce on the side for dipping?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Crazy to think the Nylander bros were both 8th overall picks.

What happened to Alex?

He was in our range the year we picked Sergachev and I really feared we would take him. I someone knew he'd bust, something about his vibe. I remember seeing him at the airport after World juniors and got same vibe from him - busty mcbusterton

William Nylander pegs me as the sort that will eat it to stay in Toranna.
I think he's too much of friends with those guys.

However maybe he will be like his dad and just say he is gonna sign then bounce outta town.

Last edited:
Reactions: Team_Spirit

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
He was in our range the year we picked Sergachev and I really feared we would take him. I someone knew he'd bust, something about his vibe. I remember seeing him at the airport after World juniors and got same vibe from him - busty mcbusterton

William Nylander pegs me as the sort that will eat it to stay in Toranna.
I think he's too much of friends with those guys.

However maybe he will be like his dad and just say he is gonna sign then bounce outta town.
I don't believe he will give the Leafs much of a discount. And the way he's playing, he probably won't have to.

Reactions: McGees

Chili

Jun 10, 2004
Just looking at the top ten scorers in the league: No Canadian players.

Wonder if that has ever happened before?

McGees

Jun 15, 2016
Wow lol
You have completely forgot how his last contract negotiations went :laugh:
It was ugly then
It's gonna be BEYOND interesting now lmao
True - hope you are right...I wanna see them crumble.
Treliving is a bit of wheeler dealer tho so I could also see him find a way to dump salary

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Only the leafs can give him 8 years assuming no trade. 10x7 is worth the risk.
Yes, it's possible to trade for his rights though.

At any rate I think he re-signs. Though it will be tough with the cap.

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
I can't recall a year both conferences were so weak. There's maybe three contenders across the whole league. I'd guess there will be quite the arms race at the deadline. I would guess the flat cap prevented a lot of teams from plugging holes which creates more parity.
That's funny... Before the season started everyone was saying how much stronger the east got and bla bla bla. Games aren't played on paper and we're clearly seeing it.

There's a few things I noticed about this season:

- teams are much weaker than everyone thought they'd be
- there seems to be a LOT more shorties getting scored
- Goalies have gotten a lot worse across the board. It's almost as if there are far fewer teams putting emphasis on goalie development. And it's been a trend for the last while but we're seeing the results of this now. Goalies are bad man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad