Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I feel like this season isn’t a representation of the day and age. It’s more of an anomaly due to the format put in place due to Covid. But McDavid has been amazing.
It's helped but no matter what those numbers are crazy. And he's just hitting his prime now. I think he's going to be a better offensive player than Crosby was.

Reactions: Tyson

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
On a side note, for years ESPN's website navigation had NHL buried deep under "..." section. Now that they got the rights, look at their home page. :laugh:

View attachment 426687

I also noticed this lmao! it was always "other", i was SHOCKED to see NHL with the big boys now , but before i celebrate it could very well be temporary because they bumped out NCAAM and NCAAW lol, with NCAAF on the way soon

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
Can you imagine barzal, connor and chabot. All together in Boston? Lol. That would be insane
At least one of the three would make a difference on an already good team. Imagine going 0.5/3 in your first round (.5 because Debrusk is fine).

Reactions: Hins77

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Offensive festival between two NHL juggernauts... 0-0 in OT between CLB and DET

They have a million shots though... seems like both goalies have been strong tonight

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Taylor "can't score" Hall just potted his fourth in nine games. Looking like a steal of a pickup by Boston.

Also looking at McDavid, he's got 17 points in his last 7 games. :laugh:

Well, it was a steal.

Hall tied Buffalo’s hands where he only wanted to go to Boston and Buffalo was going to lose him for nothing if they kept him so it was pretty much lose lose for them.

The NMC for a 1-year UFA signing was stupid to me. While I’m sure Hall wouldn’t had signed in Buffalo had the NMC not been given, the whole NMC and one year deal all sounded fishy to me. I guess Buffalo is gonna Buffalo. In the end, Boston wins.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Well, it was a steal.

Hall tied Buffalo’s hands where he only wanted to go to Boston and Buffalo was going to lose him for nothing if they kept him so it was pretty much lose lose for them.

The NMC for a 1-year UFA signing was stupid to me. While I’m sure Hall wouldn’t had signed in Buffalo had the NMC not been given, the whole NMC and one year deal all sounded fishy to me. I guess Buffalo is gonna Buffalo. In the end, Boston wins.
For the return, I'd have told Boston to suck rocks. They basically got nothing for him anyway.

Maybe it was a solid to Hall for having signed with them but otherwise...

Anyways, weird how he's all of a sudden producing again. It's almost as if the team you play on makes a difference or something.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
For the return, I'd have told Boston to suck rocks. They basically got nothing for him anyway.

Maybe it was a solid to Hall for having signed with them but otherwise...

Anyways, weird how he's all of a sudden producing again. It's almost as if the team you play on makes a difference or something.

Im a firm believer the environment matters. As much as I hate Boston, I acknowledge they are well managed and have a great team. Hall has always been talented but on Boston, he doesn’t have to be THAT guy, so he’s probably playing with less personal pressure and can focus on what he does best.

Staal on the other hand isn’t well supported like Hall in terms of deployment and personnel. Add to this, Staal is a shell of his former self anyways so he’s not producing. Of course, I’m hoping playoffs Staal will be there in May, but I’m not holding out hope.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Im a firm believer the environment matters. As much as I hate Boston, I acknowledge they are well managed and have a great team. Hall has always been talented but on Boston, he doesn’t have to be THAT guy, so he’s probably playing with less personal pressure and can focus on what he does best.

Staal on the other hand isn’t well supported like Hall in terms of deployment and personnel. Add to this, Staal is a shell of his former self anyways so he’s not producing. Of course, I’m hoping playoffs Staal will be there in May, but I’m not holding out hope.
I think Staal is cooked. Great player but he's done.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Similar to Kessel in Pittsburgh, right?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Taylor "can't score" Hall just potted his fourth in nine games. Looking like a steal of a pickup by Boston.

Also looking at McDavid, he's got 17 points in his last 7 games. :laugh:

He's got a legitimate shot at 100 points, which is just ridiculous.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
He's got a legitimate shot at 100 points, which is just ridiculous.
Not that he'll repeat this the whole way but for kicks I checked out what 17 in 7 would work out to... 200 points. Lemieux/Gretzky numbers.

Imagine having to score at that pace to be able to land a 200 point season. It's unbelievable.

Reactions: True Tick and Tin

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
What is up with that Van/Ott 5:30 start time tomorrow? The Habs got 22hrs between games out west and Van gets 26hrs between games in the east. Sounds about right.

Reactions: Doc McKenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad