Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I just have to say, that drop pass that all of the teams do on the pp is hands down the dumbest thing I have ever seen in all of my time watching hockey. It does absolutely nothing except waste time on the pp. I see teams do this over and over again and it rarely works because everyone else except the puck carrier is left standing still.

Chicago started it...but they had Patrick Kane to do it
I HATE when we do it, and whenever I see it too...teams have adapted against this but nobody gave jeff petry the god damn memo lol

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
For the record - I'm not stating McD is a bad player.

It's just that his defensive game hasn't grown nearly as much as Matthews' and that's considering he's been in the NHL longer. He looks lost in the defensive zone.

Points are not my first preference judging players. First, I value goals a lot more than assists. Second, I like a centre than can actually defend.

Well at least that's some kind of reasoning lol, I can respect that

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Oilers can't even score a goal.....2nd game and counting.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Leafs have the easiest path to the Conference Finals.

Regular Season Leafs:

GladiatorMan.gif

Playoff Leafs:

disappointed.gif

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Mark Stone - 5 assists tonight...the guy pretty much just puts Vegas on his back and drags them to victory...
Mark Stone has pretty much everything you want in a hockey player besides speed. He could put up more points because he has the talent for it, but instead focuses on being better in every other area outside the score sheet. One of my favorite players in the league.

nateylove100

Jan 1, 2019
How are we going to Beat the leafs in the playoffs ? We need to upgrade this roster ASAP because I am not letting the leafs win a cup ...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Anything can happen in the playoffs. I don’t even want them to have a chance at beating those teams . Don’t you want the habs to compete for a cup ? Let’s upgrade and beat them
Unfortunately, teams won't just gift us a superstar dman and superstar forward for us to match up with them.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Leafs will be facing top teams like Tampa, Washington, Boston, Vegas and Colorado so they won't win a cup.

They got a tough road, but not as hard as this... they only need to beat two top teams once they get to the conference finals. Playoffs are a crazy thing. If they somehow put it together if they get out of the North, this is the easiest path they’ve had since the Matthews era began.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Remember week 1 of the season. We were all mocking and laughing at the Leaf's. Good times!!! :thumbu:

Well we are not laughing anymore are we. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Lilou and Holystik

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
How are we going to Beat the leafs in the playoffs ? We need to upgrade this roster ASAP because I am not letting the leafs win a cup ...
The Leafs still need to prove they can perform when zebras start putting away a whistles in the playoffs & intensity of play picks up. There’s a long way to go before the season even is complete...

Reactions: angusyoung

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
What an amazing game by TOR. This team is for real.
For the Leafs and their fans, it's all about the playoffs. They have a very talented core of players now and frankly, they have not come anywhere close to the hype. The franchise has also not won a playoff series since 2004 so, the pressure is on. A first-round exit this time around will surely mean big changes to that franchise both on and off the ice.

Reactions: angusyoung

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Best case scenario tonight for us with Ottawa Vancouver and Toronto wins...

With all the struggles lately it's crazy we're still in a playoff spot, they need to get on track now and they will be okay somehow.

Nah, with Phil Danault as our first line center we won't be okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad