Out of Town Thread 2021: Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
For the Leafs and their fans, it's all about the playoffs. They have a very talented core of players now and frankly, they have not come anywhere close to the hype. The franchise has also not won a playoff series since 2004 so, the pressure is on. A first-round exit this time around will surely mean big changes to that franchise both on and off the ice.

Winning a cup wouldn't even come close to matching the hype

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Is there a chance we can win the cup this year ?
One in a million.............

giphy.gif

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
If they ever manage to win a cup it will be unbearable, to say the least.

To be honest, for most Leafs fans I know, I'd be pretty happy for them if they won the cup. They're not so different than we are, the older ones have just been suffering for a lot longer (although our suffering has gone on for too long as well). I'm married into a pretty hardcore Bruins family and I survived them winning it.

But you're right, the media side of things would be too much. I think I'd probably have to take a break from Sportsnet (outside of Jays games) and TSN for quite awhile

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Yeah until the playoffs.

This is also the worst division defensively. So of course they are taking advantage.

They're offense was never really am issue though. Where the improvement seems to be is defensively.

This division has the highest scoring players in the league so don't think it's a fluke.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
One in a million.............

giphy.gif
Nope I disagree . There is a chance as I thibk our team more built for the playoff game, where special teams are a rarity and 3 on 3 don’t exists. but have to say many things have to go right instead of wrong .
we are a pretender not a contender . But surely not 1 in a million lol

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002

So the league is going to have a look at this, yet didn't have any problem with these.

It isn't an issue till it happens to a Leaf, you should know this by now. Oh and Steve 'Dangle' is an enormous DoucheCanoe, god that guy sucks.

Reactions: Canadienna

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Last time a player got suspended for actions against a Leaf player was 2013.

MODS PUT IN A DOWNVOTE BUTTON SO I CAN SHOW MY DISPLEASURE IN THIS GENTLEMEN'S RESPONSE!

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I’m jealous of that Boston Bruins team. They got back to their tough and mean mentality and it’s perfection.

They have skill, they are big, tough and mean. Young guys come up and find a room in their lineup regulary.They lost Chara and Krug for nothing and haven’t skip a beat. I’m jelly.

Ritchie
Frederic
Wagner
Miller
Lauzon
Kuraly

Good grit to in bottom 9 to complete their top 6 to perfection.

Perfect team.

Reactions: the

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012

So the league is going to have a look at this, yet didn't have any problem with these.

Here is part of the reason why some players don’t get suspended. Interview with DOPS Ray Whitney.

There is more to the answer below, I just quoted a bit of it.

THN: George has said you represent the clean-player perspective to balance stuff out. Is that the dynamic when you sort through plays?

As a skill guy, as a smaller guy, the first thing I do when I see my clip, which is in my nature, is say, “OK, show me something that’s suspension worthy. Show me something that doesn’t make me want to suspend.” My first thought is he’s innocent until I can find something that says this is a suspendable play.

A lot of times, and more often than not, I put the onus on the guys getting contact and getting hit, strictly because, when I played the game, I played half my career in the trenches, in the hook and hold ’90s with the fighting and the meanness.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Nope I disagree . There is a chance as I thibk our team more built for the playoff game, where special teams are a rarity and 3 on 3 don’t exists. but have to say many things have to go right instead of wrong .
we are a pretender not a contender . But surely not 1 in a million lol
Our top 3 centers have 7 goals between them in 20 games, our D has been exposed as slow and lacking creativity and our goalie is somewhere else. Not one in a million but highly improbable.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
Our top 3 centers have 7 goals between them in 20 games, our D has been exposed as slow and lacking creativity and our goalie is somewhere else. Not one in a million but highly improbable.
thus a pretender, a pretender has pieces that need to excel and play at or beyond their peak to have a chance.
But it has happened numerous times in pro sports.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
No.... Unless scenarios like in 1986 and 1993 happen......When best teams are eliminated elsewhere, clearing the path to a weaker opponent.
This is the year it can happen though. I think if the team plays at or beyind their peak, they can get by any candian team. Then they would have to beat one team to reach finals. And there you assumptions kicks in

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I didn’t realize Seth Jarvis was leading the AHL in scoring. He’s going to be a damn good player.

The Canes are another organization where we should be poaching employees.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I didn’t realize Seth Jarvis was leading the AHL in scoring. He’s going to be a damn good player.

The Canes are another organization where we should be poaching employees.
Ya I've been crying for us to trade up for him. He's got all the traits to be a good top 6 forward in the NHL.

Carolina is trying to draft the next Point/Gaudreau/Panarin type player, while we are going for low upside guys that have good character and athleticism. I love what Carolina is doing and I'm so jealous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad