Out of Town Thread: 2018-2019 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Gretzky, Lemieux, and Orr won Cups.

They also had better teammates than McDavid. Try and write a list of the combined ~60 teammates that Gretzky, Lemieux, and McDavid had in their prime. Then rank them. On that list, Leon Draisatl is plausibly the only modern Edmonton player that cracks the top-10, perhaps even the top-15 or top-20.

McDavid is possibly the greatest player in NHL history for ratio of personal talent to team talent. What a disgraceful distinction.
Mario played on some pretty bad teams his first few years.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
He contributed in their playoffs run more than any other habs player has, for us, since 1993.

18 points in 24 games is not 3rd line production.
On a high scoring team like the Capitals yes that is exactly what a 3rd liners should be doing when given the opportunity to play with special players. Even Wilson got 15 pts in 18 games. Eller was the 3rd highest scoring center because he's a 3rd liner...pretty simple. He was a 3rd liner here, is a 3rd liner with the Caps and will be a 3rd liner once he moves from the Caps...he's pretty consistent actually.

Not The One

Feb 28, 2002
Montréal, Qc.
18pts in 24gp including the cup winning goal is your expected contribution of a 3rd liner on a cup winning team? loll
You were a better poster when you didn't post.

Eller was 6th in playoff scoring for the Caps, exactly the same rank he had during the regular season. Context is important.

Same thing for Sergachev, he had 40 point (which is great) but he was 10th on his team in scoring. The 10th best scorer for the Habs last year had about 20 points, and I expect that he would have been close to that here.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Eller was 6th in playoff scoring for the Caps, exactly the same rank he had during the regular season. Context is important.

Same thing for Sergachev, he had 40 point (which is great) but he was 10th on his team in scoring. The 10th best scorer for the Habs last year had about 20 points, and I expect that he would have been close to that here.
That does make any sense whatsoever.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012

It's not about where he's ranked in his own team. It's his production as a 3rd liner. You won't find many 3rd liner in the league with the same production on a stanley cup run... or overall playoffs stats.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
On a high scoring team like the Capitals yes that is exactly what a 3rd liners should be doing when given the opportunity to play with special players. Even Wilson got 15 pts in 18 games. Eller was the 3rd highest scoring center because he's a 3rd liner...pretty simple. He was a 3rd liner here, is a 3rd liner with the Caps and will be a 3rd liner once he moves from the Caps...he's pretty consistent actually.

Caps are a high scoring team because of their top 6, not the overall team. Eller has better stats in the playoffs compared to his regular season. It's not a coincidence. He didn't have better wingers to play with either except for the period he had to play on the top 6 because Kuz or Backstrom were injured.

I don't why you keep talking within the team, why don't you just compared Eller to other 3rd centers that won the cup.

They don't have Kessel and Hagelin like Bonino did on the third line.

How many points did Jordan Staal get when he won the cup with Crosby and Malkin in front of him?

How about B. Richard with Chicago, M. Richard with the Kings?

Peanut

Alzner is SOLID
Oct 28, 2015
Well besides the usual suspects crappin on former Habs

How about that Rasmus Andersson it might have been just one game but looks like quite a talented player.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Caps are a high scoring team because of their top 6, not the overall team. Eller has better stats in the playoffs compared to his regular season. It's not a coincidence. He didn't have better wingers to play with either except for the period he had to play on the top 6 because Kuz or Backstrom were injured.

I don't why you keep talking within the team, why don't you just compared Eller to other 3rd centers that won the cup.

They don't have Kessel and Hagelin like Bonino did on the third line.

How many points did Jordan Staal get when he won the cup with Crosby and Malkin in front of him?

How about B. Richard with Chicago, M. Richard with the Kings?
Not to mention still has best play off of any Hab forward since Mike Camalerri

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

yeah, contect like, noticing the guy was quoting another showing his hate of a certain player.

besides, being 0.75PPG for a 3rd liner is NOT "normal production", context or not.

Reactions: Kaperi Spacey

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
No, Joe Morrow will not be considered the better player in any future point you might think of.

Here's the thing.... Bergevin was deserving of a lot of criticism. He still deserves it. But people on hockey boards are kinda clueless and are not willing to admit it.

For example, everyone on this board said Tkachuk was the worst player of all time to draft. He has 3g-3a-6pts in 4 games played while being a beast physically and helping the sens win. I love the KK pick and I think he could end up a superior player, and definitely fills a need for us.. but Tkachuk is the real deal and so many experts on this board were saying MB would draft Tkachuk and calling it the worst pick of all time in advance.

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

And I'm no better than anyone else. But I don't go ahead and pretend I am.

Thing is I love this start to the season, and Tkachuk's performances with the sens, and so many other things. I just wish people would learn that they don't have enough information to have definitive answers on every single topic. If I see a moderate poster go off the rails on a particular subject while showing intimate knowledge about this particular situation I'll pay attention, but hot takes from random posters should just be dismissed out of hand.

EDIT : BTW I'm conscious of the irony of me saying Morrow will not be a better player than Reilly at any point in the future. I don't think this is a "hot take" so much as common sense. I guess that's where your mileage may vary.
The problem with all the hot takes about the "hot takes" made about Tkachuck is that its taken out of context.

The context of drafting for the team that is the Habs. A team that has many players with a similar impact to Tkachuck. Gallagher, Tatar, Drouin, Domi, Byron to an extent Scherback, Lekhonen.

It'd be fun if people stopped trying to make the people that take their precious time to give out information about prospects dumb, by acting dumb. The narrative that we should not draft Tkachuk stemmed from the Draft thread, were Im a regular, and I can assure you what Tkachuk is doing doesn't change anything to what was said.

Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad