Out of Town Thread: 2018-2019 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
Try and write a list of the combined ~60 teammates that Gretzky, Lemieux, and McDavid had in their prime. Then rank them. On that list, Leon Draisatl is plausibly the only modern Edmonton player that cracks the top-10, perhaps even the top-15 or top-20.
Off of the top of my mind, I probably forgot some:

Mark Messier
Jari Kurri
Paul Coffey
Grant Fuhr
Glenn Andersson
Esa Tikkanen

Is Draisaltl better than Tikkanen? Probably.
Better than Andersson? Maybe, Andersson had eight straight seasons of 30+ goals, obviously playing with Gretzky in the 80's...

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Off of the top of my mind, I probably forgot some:

Mark Messier
Jari Kurri
Paul Coffey
Grant Fuhr
Glenn Andersson
Esa Tikkanen

Is Draisaltl better than Tikkanen? Probably.
Better than Andersson? Maybe, Andersson had eight straight seasons of 30+ goals, obviously playing with Gretzky in the 80's...

Comparing point totals is assinine. Completely different league with a much higher rate of talent homogeneity and saturation, completely different dynamics.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Patrick Maroons 9 year old has some sick mitts.

Guy was so emotional about his son seeing him score against St Louis(his hometown) when he played in Edmonton. Guy probably spent as much time as he can with him when he could. Seems like a real down to earth guy.

member 300185

Guy was so emotional about his son seeing him score against St Louis(his hometown) when he played in Edmonton. Guy probably spent as much time as he can with him when he could. Seems like a real down to earth guy.
Agreed. It was a very good interview. I enjoyed it. Shows the human side of athletes.

Zam Boni

Dec 14, 2009
Comparing point totals is assinine. Completely different league with a much higher rate of talent homogeneity and saturation, completely different dynamics.
Sure, the point is that Glenn Andersson was no slouch but I don't know if I think he is better than Draisatl.
But it IS difficult to compare players from different eras, completely agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->