Out of Town Thread: 2018-2019 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I maintain the key was getting rid of the worst two coaches in the league is the biggest point
Agree for sure. That was huge.....and way late.

Too bad the GM didnt listen to us calling for this change years ago.

Im not even on the payroll, but myself and everyone else in Hamilton knew Lefebrve was a joke 5 years ago.

Ditto on JJ Daineault

Last edited:

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You can't. And that's why the whole leader thing is flawed (outside of after a player retired and won everywhere). Even if you take the comments of the guys in the room it's still flawed. There's something one of my earlier boss in the past called "collective *********ion" when we started to throw flowers at each others for no reason (like saying one was outstanding for just doing the job he was paid for and everyone else did). People in all fields as a collective has the tendency to be politically correctly with people who are popular. You don't want to be the one calling a turd a turd when you are talking about someone who is popular and is loved by what appears from the outside to be all people. Behind closed doors though the reality is sometimes different ... there's no way to know unless you are behind said closed doors.
No you dont know for sure.

But you dont have to be behind closed doors to know the habs captain was not a Johnathon Toews type leader. Or Chara type captain. The guy is no Blake Wheeler. You dont have to be on the team to recognize that.

Last edited:

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
You have to feel for leafs fans here. Living in Edmonton I've become a huge mcdavid fanboy and the thought of him being injury prone would be devastating for the city.

I'm sure Toronto looks at Matthews the same way, although the leafs are still a good team without their star center.

I don't feel bad.

Toronto has an abundance of young talent, it's not my fault they can't get Nylander under contract.

Nylander isn't stupid, Matthews and Marner will get payday and he needs to take discount.

Leafs are greedy(as is Nylander to be fair) so it's all good for me.

Oilers had a plethora of 1st overall picks, again...not my problem. I can't sympathize after that many golden opportunities.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
You have to feel for leafs fans here. Living in Edmonton I've become a huge mcdavid fanboy and the thought of him being injury prone would be devastating for the city.

I'm sure Toronto looks at Matthews the same way, although the leafs are still a good team without their star center.

I would feel bad for them if it was from an unfair hit. It's was not.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Agreed. The kid did not look good.

But as I said already....have seen Petry and others as vets do the same.

The minus 6 is bad though. And the kid is getting a beating on here for it.

btw How did Stamps and Kucherov play. Invisible again?

Unfortunately, Stamkos is developing a Pacioretty-ish side to him in that if he's not scoring he can be pretty useless. Like Patches, I'm sure the series of horrific injures he's endured has contributed to him becoming more of a perimeter player both offensively and defensively.

He's way more talented. Kucherov is amazing, but it was a bad game by TB all around. It certainly doesn't rest all on Serge's shoulder.

TB will still breeze into the playoffs.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Theyve been patching holes for like 5 seasons in a row now... If not more. They never had the core for it, and never will.

Its too bad because they've done pretty much everything "right". Theyve drafted well, mostly traded and they have depth, speed and skill. But, outside of Tarasenko and Pietrangelo, not enough high end talent.

One or two tanks and they'd have been stacked.

Reactions: groovejuice

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Unfortunately, Stamkos is developing a Pacioretty-ish side to him in that if he's not scoring he can be pretty useless. Like Patches, I'm sure the series of horrific injures he's endured has contributed to him becoming more of a perimeter player both offensively and defensively.

He's way more talented. Kucherov is amazing, but it was a bad game by TB all around. It certainly doesn't rest all on Serge's shoulder.

TB will still breeze into the playoffs.
Kucherov was amazingly bad in last years play offs. He has now amazed me from both ends of the spectrum.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deluded Puck

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Aves may have took title from Bruins for best line in the league. At least temporarily.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Its too bad because they've done pretty much everything "right". Theyve drafted well, mostly traded and they have depth, speed and skill. But, outside of Tarasenko and Pietrangelo, not enough high end talent.

One or two tanks and they'd have been stacked.
They've tried to accelerate the rebuild in 2010 thinking they had what they needed... Should've taken their time.

Reminds me of a certain situation...

Reactions: Andrei79

Ebony Mackenzie

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Unfortunately, Stamkos is developing a Pacioretty-ish side to him in that if he's not scoring he can be pretty useless.

Stamkos has been like this for years, not a new development at all. He’s elite when he can get a clean shot off, which is a great and needed skill, but he is no driver on the ice.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Leafs losing 2-0 now, the poor guys on TSN and Sportsnet are gonna need more tissues........no Matthews, and now this.............

By the way, it was discovered today that Austin Matthews is the first player EVER to have a shoulder injury, and the TO media just don't know what to do now.........never seen before, a shoulder injury like this...amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->