Out of Town Thread: 2018-2019 III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
McDavid still keeping up the trend of having a point on literally every single Oilers goal so far this season (3 points in this game, down by 1 haha)

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Not sure why some Leafs keep trying to push Matthews as being better than McDavid. Switch teams and McDavid would probably have 30 points already

Honestly, not sure Matthews is that far off of McDavid, one thing is sure.... they are both amazing, cant wait to see those 2 face each other at the next olympics games....if Bettman let NHL players go

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Devils are fast and skilled. Canes and Devils are the teams that have surprised me the most this year

Carolina is a decent surprise this season but New Jersey has been on fire since last season. I watched a few Devils games last season and they are really fun to watch.

Reactions: Per Sjoblom

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Can't believe they got Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson, 1 for 1...

Hall was the player to trade for Subban.

Pete Chiarelli will never work in the NHL as a GM once he's fired.

I still remember that day when they announced that Taylor Hall was traded for Adam Larssom. I was furious that we couldn’t make a move to land him.

Little did I know what was waiting for me a few minutes later.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Not sure why some Leafs keep trying to push Matthews as being better than McDavid. Switch teams and McDavid would probably have 30 points already
While Matthews is a truly special player, he is still a couple of levels below McDavid. Connor is THAT good!
He will be put in the same breath as Gretzky, Lemieux and Orr sooner rather than later

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Carolina is a decent surprise this season but New Jersey has been on fire since last season. I watched a few Devils games last season and they are really fun to watch.
And they are even better this year than last year. Contender?

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012
Reway played a game in Slovakia3, what should we conclude from that? His pro career is over and just playing a game in a beer league for fun?

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Wow, Oilers score a goal without McDavid involved.

LOL yeah.

I loaded the box scores last night and saw that the Oilers had five goals. The question that emerged in my mind was "I wonder how many points McDavid got ... 5?"

He got 4 points.

What a pathetic situation. It's a travesty honestly. A generational talent is being wasted.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
While Matthews is a truly special player, he is still a couple of levels below McDavid. Connor is THAT good!
He will be put in the same breath as Gretzky, Lemieux and Orr sooner rather than later

Gretzky, Lemieux, and Orr won Cups.

They also had better teammates than McDavid. Try and write a list of the combined ~60 teammates that Gretzky, Lemieux, and McDavid had in their prime. Then rank them. On that list, Leon Draisatl is plausibly the only modern Edmonton player that cracks the top-10, perhaps even the top-15 or top-20.

McDavid is possibly the greatest player in NHL history for ratio of personal talent to team talent. What a disgraceful distinction.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Reway played a game in Slovakia3, what should we conclude from that? His pro career is over and just playing a game in a beer league for fun?

I think so.

I feel robbed as a fan being deprived of an excellent prospect, who could be with the Habs right now.

I imagine how robbed he feels. Although what he went through would put things in perspective in his life.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Gretzky, Lemieux, and Orr won Cups.

They also had better teammates than McDavid. Try and write a list of the combined ~60 teammates that Gretzky, Lemieux, and McDavid had in their prime. Then rank them. On that list, Leon Draisatl is plausibly the only modern Edmonton player that cracks the top-10, perhaps even the top-15 or top-20.

McDavid is possibly the greatest player in NHL history for ratio of personal talent to team talent. What a disgraceful distinction.
It's funny how Edmonton has transformed from a high flying team with no defense to a team that can't score and still have no defense.
Chiarelli wanted to have McDavid carry him to another Cup but bwahaha, his own inability to get talent is being exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad