Out-of-town Scoreboard 2018-19 Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
It's gonna be hard to get beat out either Bachman or Mike Smith for softy of the night, that's for sure. That's without seeing any of the goals on him tonight.

Can you believe they've NEVER won at Barclays Center yet? And we were bad, but we actually won there one time.
Pointed this out on the main board: Barclays is built on the exact site where Brooklyn Americans owner Charles Dutton was going to build an arena before the rags and the league conspired to screw him. There's your answer: the curse lives!!!

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Goals against review for the night

Red Wings vs Devils: 2 goals against Bernier, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Kinkaid, no chance on any.

Lightning vs Flyers: 5 goals against Domingue, 2 stoppable. 6 goals against Pickard, 3 are stoppable. Pickard has been one of the worst goalies I've seen this year. For the amount of games he's played and goals allowed, he's very high on my stoppable goal count. And I thought Toronto was stupid for waiving him to keep Sparks.

Sabres vs Wild: 2 goals against Ullmark, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Dubnyk, 1 stoppable. Dubnyk hasn't been as good as his save percentage this year.

Canadiens vs Canucks: 2 goals against Price, no chance on either. 3 goals against Markstrom, 1 stoppable.

Penguins vs Senators: 3 goals against Murray, no chance on any. 3 goals against DeSmith, no chance on any. 4 goals against Anderson, no chance on any of them. 10 goals in this game and none are stoppable.

Panthers vs Rangers: 4 goals against Luongo, 3 are stoppable. He was trash and beaten from angles all night long. 2 goals against Lundqvist, no chance on any.

Blue Jackets vs Hurricanes: 1 goal against Bobrovsky, it's stoppable. 4 goals against Darling, 3 are stoppable. He's been pathetic yet again.

Bruins vs Coyotes: 1 goal against Halak, no chance. 2 goals against Kuemper, no chance on either.

Kings vs Predators: 4 goals against Petersen, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Rinne, no chance on any.

Oilers vs Flames: 3 goals against Koskinen, no chance on either. 2 goals against Rittich, no chance on either.

Blues vs Sharks: 4 goals against Johnson, 2 stoppable. Dell gets the shutout.

That's 66 goals scored on goalies tonight and 20 are stoppable. That's 30% of goals allowed tonight being stoppable. Combined save percentages tonight were .906%. 30% stoppable sounds about right for a .906% (less than league average) save percentage. Luongo, Darling and Pickard were horrific tonight. Each of them allowed almost half of tonight's stoppable goals between the 3 of them and 23 different goalies played tonight.

Reactions: sabremike

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
As much as I wanted Darling to be featured once again on softy of the night, it goes to Luongo for this. Hey, you mean to tell me he's not gonna sustain a .960% save percentage all year long?

And this was just one of 3 bad goals he allowed tonight.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
NYb already up 1-0

They have a good hockey club that is very well coached.

Have lots of guys that can score goals too

bobilly45

Jan 1, 2013
As much as I wanted Darling to be featured once again on softy of the night, it goes to Luongo for this. Hey, you mean to tell me he's not gonna sustain a .960% save percentage all year long?

And this was just one of 3 bad goals he allowed tonight.

That right there is a classic example of why I don't like the butterfly position for goalies. He went down and stayed down, never moved towards the shooter, obv if he did it's a very simple save.

Besides the many other disadvantes that style gives goalies, personally I find it alot less fun to play. It's very boring just dropping to the ice every single time on a flinch of a shot. Playing hybrid is alot more fun as you can make the same saves multiple different ways and the movement involved keeps you on your game. Nothing feels better then the 2 pad stack or the one that you go out to poke and have to make the sprawling save on your back and the puck hits your pad as your rolling from right to left (Marty made those routine, I try not to)

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That right there is a classic example of why I don't like the butterfly position for goalies. He went down and stayed down, never moved towards the shooter, obv if he did it's a very simple save.

Besides the many other disadvantes that style gives goalies, personally I find it alot less fun to play. It's very boring just dropping to the ice every single time on a flinch of a shot. Playing hybrid is alot more fun as you can make the same saves multiple different ways and the movement involved keeps you on your game. Nothing feels better then the 2 pad stack or the one that you go out to poke and have to make the sprawling save on your back and the puck hits your pad as your rolling from right to left (Marty made those routine, I try not to)
I don't disagree, but there aren't many goalies left that wouldn't fall under the butterfly category.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A very early edition of the goals against review for tonight.

Devils vs Hurricanes: 2 goals against Schneider, 1 stoppable. 1 goal against McElhinney, no chance.

Stars vs Islanders: 2 goals against Bishop, 1 stoppable. 3 goals against Greiss, 2 stoppable. 3 goals against Lehner in relief, no chance on any.

Wild vs Blackhawks: 2 goals against Stalock, no chance on either. 1 goal against Crawford, no chance.

Avalanche vs Ducks: 3 goals against Grubauer, 2 stoppable. 4 goals against Miller, 1 stoppable.

Golden Knights vs Oilers: 3 goals against Fleury, 1 stoppable. 6 goals against Talbot, 3 stoppable. 37% of goals tonight are stoppable. Combined save percentages are .911% tonight, which is around league average. The stoppable goal count is above average. Only one guy in Talbot was really bad and Grubauer and Greiss were also bad.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Softy of the night goes to Ben Bishop for whatever happened here.

Reactions: Dialamo

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Anyone else see one of the stars eating a banana on the bench?
That's probably not infrequent, although they don't show it much. I remember Hall eating a granola bar on the bench a couple years back.
don't look now but the full rebuild Rags are winning again
Might just be the honeymoon period here, but they have a much better head coach than Hynes.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
That's probably not infrequent, although they don't show it much. I remember Hall eating a granola bar on the bench a couple years back.

Might just be the honeymoon period here, but they have a much better head coach than Hynes.

Better roster right now too

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bishop left the game with a lower body injury. There's a surprise. This guy is always injured.

If you saw my stoppable goal count on Bishop up to this point, especially with all the trash I've talked about him, you'd think it reeked of bias. It certainly looks suspect on my part, but I can assure you that I am not grading him tougher.

If anything, it might be due to his massive girth and equipment that makes it look like you shouldn't be able to beat him often, if ever at all. I have noticed a couple of those poor dead angle goals on him this year, as well as many pucks that go just to the outside of his blocker or glove or right between the arm and body. Probably due to the reduction in chest protectors this year.

His save percentage is still pretty good, so I'm coming to the conclusion that these may not be congruent with one another on him because he makes up for all the poor goals by other pucks just hitting him, that wouldn't hit most goalies, just due to his size and excessive equipment.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Better roster right now too
Whatever you say.

Everyone has a better roster according to you. Just like there's 12 or 13 ''They'll be in the playoffs'' teams in this conference to you, despite only 8 being possible.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Compare them position by position
Goaltending? They're better. Not sure about their ''Steal'' in Georgiev, as he hasn't played enough, but Lundqvist is better than Kinkaid and he's sure as hell better than whatever's left of Cory's bone dust.

Defense? Actually, their defense might not even be better than ours! The one guy that's really good on their team on defense is Kevin Shattenkirk, who most of this board rips on and claims he's bad. Neal Pionk is the offensive dynamo version of last year's Santini. DeAngelo looks like he could be decent. Skjei isn't even as good as Severson. Marc Staal (whatever's left of his bone dust) is even worse than Andy Greene and has been shit for years now.

Forward? They probably have a better bottom 6 and depth forwards than us, but outside of Kreider, Zucarello and Zibanejad, I see nothing that blows me away.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
theyll come down to earth
I think so too.

Lundqvist is currently playing a bit better than the last two years and they kind of remind me of the 15-16 Devils to start the season. I think they'll stick around for a while in the playoff race, then fade down the stretch. I also think the Islanders will fade, but they've had such a good start, they have probably done enough to at least stay in the playoff race until the very end.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's a really soft goal on DeSmith in OT. They have a goalie problem.

Probably the chest protector reduction.

LOL and the Pens crew pointed out the chest protector bit too.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Eichel wins it for Buffalo in OT after a putrid, putrid giveaway by Malkin.

Bad goal by DeSmith, but the play doesn’t happen if Malkin doesn’t cough up the puck.

He’s been in cruise control for weeks now, it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad